APL by Dec 2010!!!

I'd like to join! Not sure how many inches I need to get to apl I'm thinking 2 or 3?
What are you doing for growth - washing and deep conditioning every 3-4 days, hiding my hair, jbco on scalp, and frequent dusting
What are you not going to do - use direct heat
What length are you now? between collar bone and apl
Image009-vi.jpg

I'd like to join! Not sure how many inches I need to get to apl I'm thinking 2 or 3?
What are you doing for growth - washing and deep conditioning every 3-4 days, hiding my hair, jbco on scalp, and frequent dusting
What are you not going to do - use direct heat
What length are you now? between collar bone and apl
Image009-vi.jpg

You think 2-3"? For real? I'm thinking 1.5" You'll be there REAL soon!

I said that because maybe I'm just in awe.. I relaxed my hair yesterday and I was shocked at how close I was but I was like nah.. u have a few more inches to go LOL hair anorexia I guess

I haven'd straightened my hair since January of this year. Here is a stretched out pic of a back portion of my hair.

Hopefully i will be grazing APL by December.
DSC00216.jpg

January -
picture.php

March -
picture.php

July -
picture.php

I relaxed my hair today and it's official, I'm APL! :yay: :cup: :yay: My last relaxer I was slightly grazing it but it didn't seem right to claim it when after styling it was SL. But now that more hair strands are APL, I'm so ecstatic! I love relaxer days, because it makes me so happy to see my new progress. I'll probably be trimming my ends in December to get rid of my thin pre-LHCF hair. But right now, I'm on :cloud9: My hair is officially longer than it has EVER been.

Attachments

• DSCN2289.jpg
    DSCN2289.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 38
I relaxed my hair today and it's official, I'm APL! :yay: :cup: :yay: My last relaxer I was slightly grazing it but it didn't seem right to claim it when after styling it was SL. But now that more hair strands are APL, I'm so ecstatic! I love relaxer days, because it makes me so happy to see my new progress. I'll probably be trimming my ends in December to get rid of my thin pre-LHCF hair. But right now, I'm on :cloud9: My hair is officially longer than it has EVER been.

CONGRATS!!!! So excited for you!

congrats!!! your hair looks healthy and is pretty

wow it looks like we are all just about grazing apl. i say 2-3 inches for me and about 1.5 to 2inches for the rest of you yaaay Im excited. Just wish december would come like now so I can swing my hair

^^ Yes! I can't wait til December! If I meet my goal of APL by October, I should only be about an inch to an inch and a half from BSL in December (unless I decide to get my hair evened out after APL)

wow it looks like we are all just about grazing apl. i say 2-3 inches for me and about 1.5 to 2inches for the rest of you yaaay Im excited. Just wish december would come like now so I can swing my hair

Way to go Inthemix!!! Just think about how long your hair will be in Dec! Fantastic progress girl! :grin: I know what you mean about trimming the pre-LHCF thin ends...I've been on the fence about it for a while but I would really like to start 2011 with nice ends. Decisions, decisions

Ijanei, I will be uncontrollable this Dec. I'm sure to start next year with whip-lash due to all of the hair swinging I plan on doing! :lachen:

Last edited:
Aww that's great to hear top! I can't wait until you post pics! What did you change in your reggie that you think aided in your recent growth? Or have you been getting rid of damaged hair for the last 2 years?

I cut all of the damaged ends off to the top of EL about 6 months after I found LHCF and I've been growing it out since then.

Congrats girl! I know how u feel this is the longest my hair has ever been too I'm still in shock!

I cut all of the damaged ends off to the top of EL about 6 months after I found LHCF and I've been growing it out since then.

So smart girl! I think it's easier to part with the damage before your hair gets really long!

I agree Salsa. Luckily, I started my journey with a fresh 2" cut so I'm not too worried about "damage" per se. I used to get my hair relaxed bone straight and having recently started to texlax so I want to gradually trim off the thin ends...I'm thinking that may take at least 1.5-2 years. (Salsa I guess I can count that as my "dramatic results" :lachen:)

Oh, what happened with your Skala incident?

ETA: I just read your thread. That sucks!!! Definitely on my "do not try" list

Last edited:
CONGRATS!!!! So excited for you!

congrats!!! your hair looks healthy and is pretty

Congrats girl! I know how u feel this is the longest my hair has ever been too I'm still in shock!

Way to go Inthemix!!! Just think about how long your hair will be in Dec! Fantastic progress girl! :grin: I know what you mean about trimming the pre-LHCF thin ends...I've been on the fence about it for a while but I would really like to start 2011 with nice ends. Decisions, decisions

Ijanei, I will be uncontrollable this Dec. I'm sure to start next year with whip-lash due to all of the hair swinging I plan on doing! :lachen:

Thanks Ladies! :grouphug3:

And I change my mind about cutting off the thinner, bone straight ends every week. We'll have to see if I'm man enough to do it when December comes. :perplexed

January -
picture.php

March -
picture.php

July -
picture.php

CONGRATULATIONS INTHEMIX08!!!

i tried to get this on here yesterday, but at that hour, this site was down for maintenace so i couldn't get through.
i love your new siggy picture and your determination to make it!
YOU DID IT!!!!:grin: and your tenacity has paid off!!!!!:yep:
BRAVA!!!!

Salasa, i'm so glad you are back on track after that skala scare!

keep up those moisturizing treatments and surely your hair will recover quickly!

CONGRATULATIONS INTHEMIX08!!!

i tried to get this on here yesterday, but at that hour, this site was down for maintenace so i couldn't get through.
i love your new siggy picture and your determination to make it!
YOU DID IT!!!!:grin: and your tenacity has paid off!!!!!:yep:
BRAVA!!!!

Thanks, grow! :hug2: As usually, so kind!

I can only check lhcf once a week. :sad: So forgive me if my posts are a tad late. I am missing ALOT. :perplexed
Anywho, Inthemix08 your hair is doing beautifully.:lick: Everyone is doing great! I wish I were further along, but I am sure that once my hair is 'healed' hopefully it will thrive...:ohwell:
Good going everyone!

Well, I guess I should add a pic. in all fairness. I was going to wait until December. Hoping for full SL. Maybe this will motivate me. Dec09 to now.

bhm1-1.jpg

aug2010.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea what my current hair length is. I have been in extension braids for 6 and a half weeks and before that, I was wearing whole head wigs for months. My last length check was on May 2nd this year and my hair was touching shoulder lenth. I sure hope I make it to APL this year.

I can only check lhcf once a week. :sad: So forgive me if my posts are a tad late. I am missing ALOT. :perplexed
Anywho, Inthemix08 your hair is doing beautifully.:lick: Everyone is doing great! I wish I were further along, but I am sure that once my hair is 'healed' hopefully it will thrive...:ohwell:
Good going everyone!

Well, I guess I should add a pic. in all fairness. I was going to wait until December. Hoping for full SL. Maybe this will motivate me. Dec09 to now.
Hey MsSonya!! You're doing good girl. Remember that progress is still progress, even if it isn't "dramatic". I'm learning that myself. I started in Dec 08 too and you and I are about The same length. We'll get there!!!

I agree Salsa. Luckily, I started my journey with a fresh 2" cut so I'm not too worried about "damage" per se. I used to get my hair relaxed bone straight and having recently started to texlax so I want to gradually trim off the thin ends...I'm thinking that may take at least 1.5-2 years. (Salsa I guess I can count that as my "dramatic results" :lachen:)

Oh, what happened with your Skala incident?

ETA: I just read your thread. That sucks!!! Definitely on my "do not try" list

Texlaxed hair sounds wonderful!! Keep us posted on how dealing with the two textures works.

I mean this:NO MORE BANDWAGONS!! Skala is the devil!

Heyy Ladies :wave:
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to drop out of this challenge. I got my relaxer touch-up at the weekend and had trimmed off about an inch or more of Pre-LHCF damage. So now my hair is nice and healthy, but I don't see APL happening for me this year :lachen: It will most probably be early next year so I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks for all the encouragement, HHJ to you all.

Heyy Ladies :wave:
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to drop out of this challenge. I got my relaxer touch-up at the weekend and had trimmed off about an inch or more of Pre-LHCF damage. So now my hair is nice and healthy, but I don't see APL happening for me this year :lachen: It will most probably be early next year so I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks for all the encouragement, HHJ to you all.

im also asking myslef if i should drop out. Think i won't get there.

Come on ladies!! I'm probably not going to make it this year either, but I'm going to stay in the challenge anyway. Staying in will help you stay on track with your healthy hair practices and can be a place of support and encouragement!!!

Back