APL by Dec 2010!!!

390206722.jpg

Hey y'all! This is my first post of pictures. I took this picture this morning. I am really close to APL I believe. I am really surprised actually.

Last edited:
I think I have messed up my summer growth spurt. I was exercising and eating right and drinking water, but then I found I have to move for my job and it sent me into a tailspin of funk and bad behavior for July. I'm climbing out of that now.

I have been wearing my hair braided up or a twistout/braidout puff, or in a bun.

I bought one of those small donut buns at Sally's a year ago. I just found out this summer that my hair is now long enough to wrap around it and wear it so I wear that as well. I wanted to record that milestone here, but my camera sux! It means a lot to me that I can now wear that donut!

Reggie: Every two or three days
Shampoo (varies I'm a pj)
Aphogee 2 minute for about 5 minutes (once a week, not every time)
Condition ... allowing it to sit for 30-45 minutes. Sometimes with heat, always with a cap. I use Kenra, TIGI Moisture Maniac, Sitrinillah, ORS pack

I use a leave in... usually Shescentit Coco Cream, seal with argan oil from Sally's.

I generally manipulate my hair each night... rebraiding, moisturizing ends with seyani butter.

so sad to hear of the stressful moving moment.
it's a good thing you are out of that funk. good for you!

your reggie sounds good and the fact that you find your hair is NOW long enough to wrap around the bun means you are making great progress.

the only things i could see that might help are:
-can you try to manipulate your hair a bit less? with the donut, you might not need to rebraid your hair as much.
-there's still time for the summer growth spurt! what about cowashing?
(do you know if your shampoo's have SLS'es in them?)
-to speed up the summer growth spurt, have you tried a growth aide?
(M-T-G, MGO, MT, MN, BT, Cayenne Pepper, etc...)

yep, Soldierforhair, you've got a beautiful head of hair!!!

if we could draw a line, i bet your longest layer would touch it!!!

i dont know why i cant see the pic sfh? Any ways congrats on the growth!
I plan on relaxing on fri, im itching to relax actually, im 5 months post, lol I will post pics then.. hopefully i am closer to the APL goal:)

i dont know why i cant see the pic sfh? Any ways congrats on the growth!
I plan on relaxing on fri, im itching to relax actually, im 5 months post, lol I will post pics then.. hopefully i am closer to the APL goal:)

Congrats!!! I have 3 more weeks...I can't believe I'm getting this excited over a relaxer, lol

Thanks Chasturner! The relaxer is addictive, relaxer day makes me so happy, that its not even normal.. lol.. Im itching to just relax now, but im gonna hold off until Friday!

I know the feeling. I can't wait to straighten my hair in December. **wait thats 5 months from now** LOL

IKR! After my relaxer, I'll have another 4 months until people will get a glimpse of my hair and that will only be for Christmas and New Year's. I'll pass out flyers..."see it while you can. Decemeber 25th and 31st only" :lachen:

^^I totally agree with you ladies. :yep:

My hair is the longest that it has ever been (Yay for LHCF!) and I'm constantly getting requests from my friends and family for "the secret". They only want it when I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement after a fresh relaxer...not when my roots are fuzzy and my hair is pulled back into a bun during my stretches.

^^I totally agree with you ladies. :yep:

My hair is the longest that it has ever been (Yay for LHCF!) and I'm constantly getting requests from my friends and family for "the secret". They only want it when I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement after a fresh relaxer...not when my roots are fuzzy and my hair is pulled back into a bun during my stretches.

Yup, but when I tell people what I do to my hair, they end up looking at me like I'm crazy. Do you get that reaction??

That was a great update - thanks soldierFH!

Some girls saw my hair today when I was getting it rebraided "OMG! Your hair is so pretty" "Can I touch it....OMG its so soft" and others just standing there looking"

I used to say something really biting to women when they saw my hair and be surprised I "had hair," but now I just say thank you and overlook the rest.

I've never had a "hair goal" in my life - and now that I think about it, why in the world not! You ladies are marvelous - thank you for the inspiration.

I would give an updated pic but um....I guess I can wait until sept 30 somehow a few strands are touching APL. Idk when or where the growth came from but it happened all in July

Yup, but when I tell people what I do to my hair, they end up looking at me like I'm crazy. Do you get that reaction??

All.The.Time. But when they see the results they take notice and create mental shopping lists. I was discussing my hair with one of my friends recently and she wasn't trying to hear what I was saying. 14 days later she is transitioning, lol. She's going further than me but it is so nice to finally have an "in person" hair buddy. I've been urging her to join here for a while but she's just lurking and wont even give me her username...:lachen:

I would give an updated pic but um....I guess I can wait until sept 30 somehow a few strands are touching APL. Idk when or where the growth came from but it happened all in July

:clap: Way to go Ijanei! But girl, you know what? You make me:swearing: when you post these types of "updates"!:pyro:What are we going to do with you? :fistshake: LOL...just kidding. Can't wait for the Sept updates to start rolling through! Keep up the great work!

All.The.Time. But when they see the results they take notice and create mental shopping lists. I was discussing my hair with one of my friends recently and she wasn't trying to hear what I was saying. 14 days later she is transitioning, lol. She's going further than me but it is so nice to finally have an "in person" hair buddy. I've been urging her to join here for a while but she's just lurking and wont even give me her username...:lachen:

Yup! I could see that bc your hair is beautiful. I haven't had dramatic results yet, so people give me the "are you crazy look." I can't wait till I have full APL hair and they start taking notes. Haha! Maybe then I'll be stingy and stuck-up with my info. Jk!

Yup! I could see that bc your hair is beautiful. I haven't had dramatic results yet, so people give me the "are you crazy look." I can't wait till I have full APL hair and they start taking notes. Haha! Maybe then I'll be stingy and stuck-up with my info. Jk!

Awww thanks!

When I first started my HHJ last year (I was SL) and my family gave (and still do) me the side eye because I wet my hair more than once a week, use products like scurl, stretch my relaxers, etc. I would hear "your hair is going to fall out" every other sentence and now that I have a little progress showing, they are slowing adopting some of my practices. :rolleyes: Whatever. People will get with the healthy hair program someday.

Salsa, your results may not be "dramatic" by your definition, but you have had some results girl! When you started this challenge, your hair was above your tat, now it's below it! Proof that you're doing something right!!

:clap: Way to go Ijanei! But girl, you know what? You make me:swearing: when you post these types of "updates"!:pyro:What are we going to do with you? :fistshake: LOL...just kidding. Can't wait for the Sept updates to start rolling through! Keep up the great work!

I guess I could post it here :lachen:I know I always do that and never post a pic. Sorry! hopefully by the update in sept/oct I will be apl. The right side is thin and is growing in slower...any suggestions? I need thick hair, That's why I'm transitioning :sad: Dont judge me...it's only like 4 strands that are grazing apl but I'm happy still :lachen:

1zpif83.jpg

I guess I could post it here :lachen:I know I always do that and never post a pic. Sorry! hopefully by the update in sept/oct I will be apl. The right side is thin and is growing in slower...any suggestions? I need thick hair, That's why I'm transitioning :sad: Dont judge me...it's only like 4 strands that are grazing apl but I'm happy still :lachen:

I was just kidding!! I see more than 4 strands in the APL zone, Ijanei! You are moving right along :yay:and will definitely be there by the end on the challenge! Congrats!!!! :pulpdance:
Thicker hair, hmmmm. I have no idea. My hair is really fine and low density so no matter what I do, I will never have "thick" hair. The only things that have improved my thickness issue are stretching and limiting my heat usage. I am on a personal no direct heat challenge this year and doubt that I will go back to blow drying and flat ironing.

I was just kidding!! I see more than 4 strands in the APL zone, Ijanei! You are moving right along :yay:and will definitely be there by the end on the challenge! Congrats!!!! :pulpdance:
Thicker hair, hmmmm. I have no idea. My hair is really fine and low density so no matter what I do, I will never have "thick" hair. The only things that have improved my thickness issue are stretching and limiting my heat usage. I am on a personal no direct heat challenge this year and doubt that I will go back to blow drying and flat ironing.

Thanks and your hair is fine so you dont have to worry, at least urs is all even:lachen:your way past apl so challenge is done for u, but thanks for encouraging us here.:yep:

Thanks and your hair is fine so you dont have to worry, at least urs is all even:lachen:your way past apl so challenge is done for u, but thanks for encouraging us here.:yep:

Excuse me ma'am but I am still in this challenge because I have SL layers! LOL So I guess you can say that I am between challenges at this point. :lachen: I'm really not that far past APL and the majority of the length will be trimmed back to APL in Dec. :look:

1zpif83.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS IJANEI!!!!!
YOU MADE IT!!!!!!!
LOOKING GREAT, YOU ARE!!!!!

Salsarisma, please don't forget to count that FABULOUS TURNAROUND you've had with your NAPE!!!!:yep:
i know ladies past BSL that would like a nape as full as yours!!!:yep:

Chas, I agree with Ijanei, lol! your hair IS GORGEOUS!!!
and yes, well below APL, lol, although i understand you for wanting to stick around until the shorter layers catch up.
i'm going to be doing that, too because i have too many layers, and with my fine hair, it will take away from the potential thickness until all my layers are PAST APL.:rolleyes:
so i've still got a ways to go.....

CONGRATULATIONS IJANEI!!!!!
...with my fine hair, it will take away from the potential thickness until all my layers are PAST APL.:rolleyes:
so i've still got a ways to go.....

I hear you! I will have to do a major trim again because my ends are so thin due to these layers. It's so frustrating. I don't know what to do to grow out my sides. They were chin length a year ago and now they're SL. I guess I'm being too impatient.

Back