APL by Dec 2010!!!

I hear you! I will have to do a major trim again because my ends are so thin due to these layers. It's so frustrating. I don't know what to do to grow out my sides. They were chin length a year ago and now they're SL. I guess I'm being too impatient.

sweetie pie, hey, guess what?
if you've been trying to grow out your sides and they were at chin length when you started and now you see them at SL, hey that means that they ARE growing out doll, LOL!:yep:

that's alot of progress! AND you've retained it all, as well!!!:grin:
so, good for you!!!:spinning: what you're doing is WORKING!!!:grin:

with these thin ends, i think we have to accept that it'll look that way (which is still alot better than my hair used to look before i came here, lol!), until we're ready to cut.

i don't like that fact, but i know that until i'm ready to cut (which for me, i don't think will be a second before i get to WL, MBL tops), my layers will stay, and my ends won't look as full.

but the voicce of reason asks me: with all of these bunning, hyh, no heat, etc....challenges you're in, why be so concerned with the ends since they're not supposed to be out, anyways"? :rolleyes:

we've got to keep our eye on the prize!:grin:

I wound up relaxing this past weekend. My update is in my siggy.:yep:

great job, Sasha8685!!!:grin:

super healthy looking and neat!:yep:

i just LOVE to see a fresh perm!
it's like i get to live vicariously for a bit!
(good thing too, because i've got 6 more weeks before perming....:perplexed)

sweetie pie, hey, guess what?
if you've been trying to grow out your sides and they were at chin length when you started and now you see them at SL, hey that means that they ARE growing out doll, LOL!:yep:

Just not fast enough!!! My whole frontal section grows slow. :ohwell:

with these thin ends, i think we have to accept that it'll look that way (which is still alot better than my hair used to look before i came here, lol!), until we're ready to cut. i don't like that fact, but i know that until i'm ready to cut (which for me, i don't think will be a second before i get to WL, MBL tops), my layers will stay, and my ends won't look as full.

but the voicce of reason asks me: with all of these bunning, hyh, no heat, etc....challenges you're in, why be so concerned with the ends since they're not supposed to be out, anyways"? :rolleyes:

You know, you just may have something here. I don't wear my hair completely straight anyway so I may be able to get aways with just dusting until I reach my MBL goal...hmmm My ends wouldn't even matter because they will always be hidden and protected in some way.

we've got to keep our eye on the prize!:grin:

Once again grow, you came through. You always keep us focused! :grin: I'm gearing up for my relaxer and dusting on the 21st! :pulpdance:"Eye on the prize"

Once again grow, you came through. You always keep us focused! :grin: I'm gearing up for my relaxer and dusting on the 21st! :pulpdance:"Eye on the prize"

oooh, i'm so excited! we got another relaxer coming up!!!:lick: yah!:grin:

yes, that is gonna be marvelous! (pics???:grin:)

i'm glad the idea of leaving the ends alone for a while can be helpful to you sugar! i always tend to politely forget that i don't need to be concerned with my ends because i need to hide them, lol! i have to really work to remember that it's not important how they look until they're inching towards my backside, hehehe!

btw, i used to think my front grew fast, but now, it's the slowest growing part of my whole head:perplexed, so i know how it is hun!

speaking of pics, that s curl idea you do has me wanting to take pics of it like this because putting that on dry is simply marvelous! thanks again!

totally different from the just out of the shower hair! how you came up with that, i have no idea, i just know that it makes me getting my hair into a bun really difficult, lol!

my hair will come up with any excuse to try and stay out! especially when that s curl makes it look so neat and orderly!

i'll live vicariously through your perm and pics though! counting down the days......!!!

speaking of pics, that s curl idea you do has me wanting to take pics of it like this because putting that on dry is simply marvelous! thanks again!

totally different from the just out of the shower hair! how you came up with that, i have no idea, i just know that it makes me getting my hair into a bun really difficult, lol!

my hair will come up with any excuse to try and stay out! especially when that s curl makes it look so neat and orderly!

i'll live vicariously through your perm and pics though! counting down the days......!!!

S curl was HORRIBLE on my wet hair so I just decided to try it on dry hair before I tossed it. I'm glad it works for you!!!!

You have no idea how ready I am to see my freshly relaxed hair...even if it is only going to be out for a week :look:

S curl was HORRIBLE on my wet hair so I just decided to try it on dry hair before I tossed it. I'm glad it works for you!!!!

You have no idea how ready I am to see my freshly relaxed hair...even if it is only going to be out for a week :look:

yes, i believe it's the glycerine that makes it too heavy, at times, although i know it's good for our hair.
how many spritzes of it do you put on your dry hair?
i'm sure this helps alot with retention, so i really want to learn how to use it well!

:lachen:oh, and yes, i know you must be ready for that perm darling! i remember your "hair blues" with the styling block. i'm so glad you got past that and are now on to the victory with your perm!:yep:

i literally cannot wait to see your beautiful pictures!:grin:
(you always take really good pictures, too!)

So I was suppose to be transitioning and that did not work out well, I end up texlaxing the back of my hair last weekend with Silk Elements shea butter lye mild for the first time and I love it. I was about 16wks post but I was getting so much breakage and I was not ready for the transition. I did not do the front because I have centrifugal alopecia and my dermatologist advised me to not relax that area for a while. I am now wearing buns and using scurl daily so I can try and get the 1.5 I need to make APL.

how many spritzes of it do you put on your dry hair?
i literally cannot wait to see your beautiful pictures!:grin:
(you always take really good pictures, too!) Thanks!

I have no idea how many spritzes I put on my hair, lol. I just spray until "it feels right." I start with my ends and saturate them and just move up the length of my hair in sections. If I had to guess, I'd say that I spray 1-2 times on the ends and 2-3 times on the entire length. My hair is usually damp when I'm done and then I put it in a bun. If I'm using wave nouveau, I take a section of hair at a time and apply the product like lotion and flexi rod it.

So I was suppose to be transitioning and that did not work out well...try and get the 1.5 I need to make APL.

Sorry to hear about your transition. :sad: 1.5"? You have plently of time to get that!!! Keep up the great work :yep:

Awww thanks!

When I first started my HHJ last year (I was SL) and my family gave (and still do) me the side eye because I wet my hair more than once a week, use products like scurl, stretch my relaxers, etc. I would hear "your hair is going to fall out" every other sentence and now that I have a little progress showing, they are slowing adopting some of my practices. :rolleyes: Whatever. People will get with the healthy hair program someday.

Salsa, your results may not be "dramatic" by your definition, but you have had some results girl! When you started this challenge, your hair was above your tat, now it's below it! Proof that you're doing something right!!

Yes, you are right. My hair was above my tattoo! And Grow, my nape has come a long way. I just get discouraged sometimes bc I thought I would be farther along by now. I'm still sticking to my regimen and banging my hair though. From what I've been seeing on here, it takes about two years to go from damaged to full healthy hair. All of the two year updates seem to be dramatic!

Yes, you are right. My hair was above my tattoo! And Grow, my nape has come a long way. I just get discouraged sometimes bc I thought I would be farther along by now. I'm still sticking to my regimen and banging my hair though. From what I've been seeing on here, it takes about two years to go from damaged to full healthy hair. All of the two year updates seem to be dramatic!

you are absolutely right! in two years, i'm sure we'll all be laughing at these old pictures with our long, flowing hair!

that's the prize we have to keep our eye on, because all of this hard work WILL pay off.

it's normal to get discouraged at times. we're human and i don't know anyone who doesn't like a bit of instant gratification, but what we're gaining here is much more than something instant.

we're gaining a new way of life, as opposed to the not so good hair care practices of the past and we'll have our lifetimes to enjoy and practice these new hair prospering habits!:yep: (and the results, too!)

hhj&hhg ladies!

you are absolutely right! in two years, i'm sure we'll all be laughing at these old pictures with our long, flowing hair!

Thanks for the encouragement grow, you've done it again! I read the bolded statement above and just shook my head. I always look back at old pics of my hair and I can't believe how far I've come. My NL color damaged bob was NOT cute in 2008, but you couldn't tell me that, haha!

I think it would be cool if everyone posted an old pic of their hair and where we are now...

that's the prize we have to keep our eye on, because all of this hard work WILL pay off.

it's normal to get discouraged at times. we're human and i don't know anyone who doesn't like a bit of instant gratification, but what we're gaining here is much more than something instant.

we're gaining a new way of life, as opposed to the not so good hair care practices of the past and we'll have our lifetimes to enjoy and practice these new hair prospering habits!:yep: (and the results, too!)

hhj&hhg ladies!

I agree with you Grow! It is about a new way of life. I will definitely take great care of my hair for the rest of my life. And I'm already taking wonderful care of my DD's hair at 2 years old...so she will too!

Thanks for the encouragement grow, you've done it again! I read the bolded statement above and just shook my head. I always look back at old pics of my hair and I can't believe how far I've come. My NL color damaged bob was NOT cute in 2008, but you couldn't tell me that, haha!

I think it would be cool if everyone posted an old pic of their hair and where we are now...

Chasturner, that is a great idea! Maybe we should do that at the end of the challenge? Like the last week is updates and flash back photos. It would be a "fun" way to end the challenge.

I agree with you Grow! It is about a new way of life. I will definitely take great care of my hair for the rest of my life. And I'm already taking wonderful care of my DD's hair at 2 years old...so she will too!

Chasturner, that is a great idea! Maybe we should do that at the end of the challenge? Like the last week is updates and flash back photos. It would be a "fun" way to end the challenge.

I totally agree! That will be such a great way to end this challenge and confirmation that it is time to conquer BSL in 2011 :lachen:Let's do it!

Hi girls!
I wasn't able to post an update since I was in braids but I now have a pic and I am very excited!!
Can anyone please tell me how many more inches I need to make APL? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• hair journey 276.jpg
    hair journey 276.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 27
I wish I could post a pic but right now my camera's busted....I'm about 2 inches to APL!!!! I'm excited but I really am feeling the hair anorexia bad. I just need a little more thickness. :)

I wish I could post a pic but right now my camera's busted....I'm about 2 inches to APL!!!! I'm excited but I really am feeling the hair anorexia bad. I just need a little more thickness. :)
I would recommend trying some black castor oil with some essential oils and used as a scalp massage oil to help with thickness. Look on www.buzzle.com for castor oil benefits on hair for more info. I found other some encouraging articles on hair care on that site too.

I relaxed on saturday and I am slowly but surely getting there. I got about 3.5 inches. I think I can do it!

I might have an inch or less to go before I hit APL and I'm 6 weeks post. l'll relax for Labor Day weekend to see if I can hit my target.

I'm so excited!! This has been a long time coming for me. I'm wiping the tears away as I type. I've wanted long hair for so long and I can't believe I'm finally making my first goal after 2 years of trying. My hard work is really paying off.

I might have an inch or less to go before I hit APL and I'm 6 weeks post. l'll relax for Labor Day weekend to see if I can hit my target.

I'm so excited!! This has been a long time coming for me. I'm wiping the tears away as I type. I've wanted long hair for so long and I can't believe I'm finally making my first goal after 2 years of trying. My hard work is really paying off.

Aww that's great to hear top! I can't wait until you post pics! What did you change in your reggie that you think aided in your recent growth? Or have you been getting rid of damaged hair for the last 2 years?

This post almost made me cry! I know exactly how you feel. You WILL hit your goal. I'm praying for you!

Back