APL by Dec 2010!!!

Late check in!

Here are my (un)progress pics (roughly flat ironed, so it's not bone-straight):

Feb 2010

July 2010

My collar is a tiny bit higher up in the second pic, so it looks the same length. Whelp, considering that I trimmed it about a month ago, I guess the inch or so of growth is better than nothing. I'm fooling myself if I think I can get to APL ever, though, let alone by December.

Still, it's nice to watch the rest of you go through your progress. I'm rooting for you all!

Ditto the 2-3 inches. It's going to be a close call for me (granted I don't trim or have any setbacks). I am excited that one week after my relaxer, I felt new growth!! That's unheard of for me. So maybe all the supplements coupled with a summer spurt are helping! I hope so!

I feel you!! I think I'll be just scrapping APL come Dec., but that'll be good enough for me. Realistically I'll definitely be at/a little past APL by the end of Jan. Hopefully....

Congrats on your new growth!!

hey ladies! my friend says im obsessed with getting apl......but i wanna get there like soooo bad! first of all im happy for passing SL after years!!!!!!!!!! :-) so getting to apl i'll be like....WOUAHHHHHHHHHHHH .i really cant wait,sometimes it feels like FOREVER. but ladies seeing it closer...end of the challenge is in only 5 months!!!! thats can go by so fast.! well i hope. Im starting to think ok, no more length checking until then but everytime my hair down i just check! and get depressed feeling like nothing is happening

Ok I couldn't resist. I had to straighten a piece (my nape) to see how much further I gotta go. I need 2 more inches to just make APL and 3 more to be definitely APL (which is what I thought). I think I'll make the 5 inch mark by Jan. I'm so close I can taste it!! :lick:

Attachments

• HPIM2084.jpg
    HPIM2084.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 34
  • HPIM2086.jpg
    HPIM2086.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 31
Checking in...I just relaxed my virgin hair on 7/17 so I'm so excited to actually see how long my hair is. I think this is the longest my hair has been in my adult/teenage life. I'm right at shoulder lenth in the back so I'm hoping I can nurse my hair back to health and reach APL by Dec. I am wearing a high drawstring ponytail for now but after this style I plan on wearing rollersets and wraps and only using heat twice a month and keeping up with my vitamin intake. I attached a pic showing the shrinkage my natural hair had and what my wet relaxed hair looks like...these are laptop pics and I forgot to take a pic from the back but oh well.

Happy growing....

Attachments

• Picture0023.jpg
    Picture0023.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture0024.jpg
    Picture0024.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture0025.jpg
    Picture0025.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 29
I hope to be almost APL end of dec, though march was my target for full APL. However im in coz Im not coz God willing 2011 I will be on the BSL challenge.

I feel you!! I think I'll be just scrapping APL come Dec., but that'll be good enough for me. Realistically I'll definitely be at/a little past APL by the end of Jan. Hopefully....

Congrats on your new growth!!

Thanks girl. I saw your straightened pictures and you are so close. I think you will be there by 12/31. I know that I won't make it this year, but that's ok. It is fun seeing the progress everyone is making and I can't wait to be there too!!

Um I got a boost out of nowhere :grin:
:clapping: Way to go!!! But you know that you should post pics before/when making these types of comments! :fistshake: Shame on you!:spank:

...I know that I won't make it this year, but that's ok...
I hope that you end up eating these words!

I'll spearhead the BSL 2012 thread!!!:grin:
:eh:Ummm we have 5 more months in this year. Whether you're at APL or not in Dec (you should be there or super close), shouldn't you be in the BSL 2011 challenge? Why in the world would you spearhead the BSL 2012 thread?...you should be MBL-ing it by then. :scratchch

oopsie...I will do that next time I str8n my hair but I'm on a no heat challenge:look:

Girl I am in that challenge too...how's it going for you? Are you constantly pulling on your hair to see if you're APL?...I am. I'm sure that I'll have the breakage to prove it when I relax next month :ohwell:

It's my 11-month mark into my transition so I did a length check and see that I am 1.5" from APL. It's a bittersweet thing for me because if I hadn't done a 2" mini-chop last month, I would have been past APL by now.... :wallbash:
BUUUUT I want health over length, so I can't complain. My goal is to be APL by Halloween (which means I need to find a costume that will allow me to wear my hair down. :grin:)

Attachments

• July 22 - 1.5 from APL.jpg
    July 22 - 1.5 from APL.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 10
It's my 11-month mark into my transition so I did a length check and see that I am 1.5" from APL. It's a bittersweet thing for me because if I hadn't done a 2" mini-chop last month, I would have been past APL by now.... :wallbash:
BUUUUT I want health over length, so I can't complain. My goal is to be APL by Halloween (which means I need to find a costume that will allow me to wear my hair down. :grin:)

How much relaxed hair do you have left?

Thanks girl. I saw your straightened pictures and you are so close. I think you will be there by 12/31. I know that I won't make it this year, but that's ok. It is fun seeing the progress everyone is making and I can't wait to be there too!!

hey girl! why do you think you won't get there by dec? its your pic on your siggi right?well i say YOU CAN GET THERE!

i am excited but to not be upst im starting to say, ok maybe you won't make it....even though a part of me says "you can" i think im almost same length as you. im just not straightening so i do'nt really know

Girl I am in that challenge too...how's it going for you? Are you constantly pulling on your hair to see if you're APL?...I am. I'm sure that I'll have the breakage to prove it when I relax next month :ohwell:

EVERY SINGLE DAY...I try so hard not to do it but I am so eager, I'm excited about this hair growth. I should have found this board years ago...sigh*

How is it working for you? Have you used any of ur passes yet? I am considering using the last one today :nono: I tried to hold out because I know I will have to remain free for the next 2 months...hopefully I find a style that will work w/out heat today before work

Hey ladies, hope you're all well. I'm still doing my thang, I'm currently 5 weeks post relaxer and will touch up at around 16/17 weeks.

I've been taking some Phytospecific Cap Energy and my new growth is noticeably more dense. Previously I never took my supplements every day, but now I'm taking it like clock work. I've also just started using Bee Mine Growth serum and will use it every other day. I'm determined to get these inches I need to take me to APL and beyond this year.

EVERY SINGLE DAY...I try so hard not to do it but I am so eager, I'm excited about this hair growth. I should have found this board years ago...sigh*

How is it working for you? Have you used any of ur passes yet? I am considering using the last one today :nono: I tried to hold out because I know I will have to remain free for the next 2 months...hopefully I find a style that will work w/out heat today before work

I haven't used any of my passes...but will be using one in August when I relax. I usually have my hair set with big, grey rollers and sit under a dryer. That will be the only heat pass that I will use.

I will be bunning and no direct heat until Dec 31st so hopefully this will help me on my reveal to APL. I am also trying to hold off relaxing until then too which will bring me to only 2 touch ups this year which is what I am aiming for!

I haven't used any of my passes...but will be using one in August when I relax. I usually have my hair set with big, grey rollers and sit under a dryer. That will be the only heat pass that I will use.

hey wait, sitting under the dryer counts as a heat pass?!

i thought that was considered "indirect heat"....:ohwell:

Um I got a boost out of nowhere :grin:

CONGRATULATIONS IJANEI!!!!
ya see?! i remember when you were sad thinking your hair wouldn't grow and now look.....you got a boost too! i'm soooo happy for you!!!!!!:yep:

to what do you attribute this boost?
and when can we see some pictures?:grin:

hey wait, sitting under the dryer counts as a heat pass?!

i thought that was considered "indirect heat"....:ohwell:

Co-sign on that one! I haven't used the dryer much but I have been using the heck out of my steamer. Oh well... I'll drop out of the challenge before I stop using my steamer once a week.

please dont tell me the dryer is concidered as direct heat= not good for the hair! pleasssse.

is it possible to rollerset with a steamer? it won't really do those waves/curls well will it? or they might just fall directly aftert aking out the rollers???

CONGRATULATIONS IJANEI!!!!
ya see?! i remember when you were sad thinking your hair wouldn't grow and now look.....you got a boost too! i'm soooo happy for you!!!!!!:yep:

to what do you attribute this boost?
and when can we see some pictures?:grin:

Thanks and yes I did think that it was stuck :nono: You also made WONDERFUL progress. I think my boost came from my vitamins, protein drinks, MN and that's about it honestly now I added megatek to the mix, oh Ive been trynna' limit my heat. Pics will come around sometime in August or beginning of September. I am braided up and preparing for my install this weekend. I hope I finish this time. This will be my 3rd attempt to install a sew-in :wallbash:

I dont get how that works for some ppl. How do you get straight hair from the rollers and a dryer :sad:? I really want to know so I can stop flat ironing. It seems like it wouldnt get ur roots str8 and would look fuzzy. Can we see pics plzzzzzzzzz?

Back