APL by Dec 2010!!!

great progress Chaos!

i think your hair looks lovely, although i was only able to see one picture.
maybe it's my computer, but i wasn't able to see the july 4th. picture.
might you be able to post it again?
of what i saw, your hair is super healthy and shiny too! great work!

Grow what the heck are you doing over there? Eating superfood to go with those muscles.:spinning: You left me in the dust. I am still grazing SL. You are doing an awesome job, keep it up. You should be bsl in no time it seems. I fell off big time. Thanks for your pics, good motivation.
I went into to bss and there was a wsl wig for $10, well I had to have it.:yep: Boy it is loooong, I am only 5'3..

LOL!
hey MsSonya!
where have you been sugar?
i was off the boards for a while, too, but continuing my program ever the same.....i hope that even when we don't hear from you, that you are working it, girlfriend!

thank you for your sweet comments! i think it might be some of that whey protein from the egg shake challenge i'm doing.
i really believe those egg shakes boosted my growth, so i can vouch for it and say try it! after a while, you even forget you're drinking a raw egg, lol!

that wig sounds gawgeous!!!
i wish we could find some nice ones over here in milan, but the selection isn't as various.
while wearing it, you can put some dc in your hair, put that baggy on, and keep those ends full of moisture and that will get you past the hump!
since i don't have wigs, i did it with scarves and flower ornaments, and it really works!
let us help you honey and stay on the wagon with us sugar, you can do it!!!

Great progress everyone! Here's my pic...

DSCN0771.jpg

APL is STILL teasing me! My hair growth has really slowed down (probably because I stopped taking my vitamins and drinking water :ohwell:) But I'm back on track, trying to be grazing APL by Labor Day!

I gotta drop out ladies, I had to even out my hair cuz the right side was outrageously longer than the left so that put me back at full NL. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey to APL this year and I'll be on the sidelines cheering you guys on :)

I gotta drop out ladies, I had to even out my hair cuz the right side was outrageously longer than the left so that put me back at full NL. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey to APL this year and I'll be on the sidelines cheering you guys on :)

Sis it will be back before you know it.

I just DC'd and washed my hair yesterday…but I'm too scared to take a progress picture because I know there won't be any progress to see! Plus, I don't want to spend all the energy straightening my whole head. Maybe I'll just flat iron (what I hope is) the longest piece near my nape and take a picture.

I just DC'd and washed my hair yesterday…but I'm too scared to take a progress picture because I know there won't be any progress to see! Plus, I don't want to spend all the energy straightening my whole head. Maybe I'll just flat iron (what I hope is) the longest piece near my nape and take a picture.

Hey Zedster :wavey:I'm sure you have progress; we just become so used to seeing our own hair that we don't even notice when we've made progress.

I cowashed yesterday with tresseme, motions cpr and wet wrapped.
Family dollar has some hair skin and nails vitamins. :perplexed Anybody tried those?

Zedster, I know how you feel. But I agree with Chas. I know now that my hair has to get thicker and healthy before I will see any length. I didnt even notice before, but since I have been taking care of my hair I have noticed alot of bald thin spots all over my head. :blush:Those areas are filling in quite nicely now. And I can tell that my hair is getting thicker.

I am not having any breakage. I just relaxed after 26weeks, with ORS. My hair is very manageable. So even though I dont have the length yet, I keep reminding myself where I came from. Damaged, overprocessed.:wallbash:
So for me, I have made progress. Even my edges are starting to show some improvement. :yep:

Here is my progress. (I forgot to take pics in June).

January -
picture.php

March -
picture.php

July -
picture.php

I was going to do a 16 week stretch (to labor day), but I think I may relax in August instead (12 weeks) because the back half of my hair is not bone straight and I need to fix it, asap. Also, I had been slacking on my rollersets and the last picture is my first roller set in a long time. I'm going to try to keep this up (weekly).

^^There are different ways to do it: MS paint, powerpoint, pikistrips, etc. I like using piki strips...that's how I did the progression pic in my siggy. Just go to their website, sign up for free and get started. When you are done, save the comic to your computer and you will be able to attach it as a pic in a post here.

Hey girl...hope this isn't a retard question, but once you get the photo in powerpoint, how do you get the power point in a post here?

I may just do pinki strips.

I have been quietly following this challenge. When I decided to try it I wasn't sure if APL was a realistic goal..But, What do you guys think. I will not really be able to tell until August when I straighten. But I am stretching the longest peice of my hair...which to my surprise has grown a lot. I'm trying to reach APL by December 2010.

Attachments

• apl by dec 2010.jpg
    apl by dec 2010.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 10
  • apl2010.jpg
    apl2010.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 9
Hey girl...hope this isn't a retard question, but once you get the photo in powerpoint, how do you get the power point in a post here?

I may just do pinki strips.

Girl it's not a retard question! I have never done it, but I remember asking a member and she said that she created her comparison pic in powerpoint and converted it to some type of file that was compatible with uploading to LHCF. I could never figure it out so that's when I went to piki strips and it was a lot easier for the technologically challenged (me)!!

My update. Still hoping to graduate from this challenge by Labor Day.

picture.php

Here is my progress. (I forgot to take pics in June).

January -
picture.php

March -
picture.php

July -
picture.php

I was going to do a 16 week stretch (to labor day), but I think I may relax in August instead (12 weeks) because the back half of my hair is not bone straight and I need to fix it, asap. Also, I had been slacking on my rollersets and the last picture is my first roller set in a long time. I'm going to try to keep this up (weekly).

Topnotch, IntheMix08, you ladies have got some AWSOME PROGRESS!!!
thank you for posting your pictures and keeping us all inspired!!!:yep:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Girl it's not a retard question! I have never done it, but I remember asking a member and she said that she created her comparison pic in powerpoint and converted it to some type of file that was compatible with uploading to LHCF. I could never figure it out so that's when I went to piki strips and it was a lot easier for the technologically challenged (me)!!

Chasturner84, you are always so sweet helping everyone with so many things! i'm so glad you're here!:yep:

Chasturner84, grow, IntheMix08 yall just left me in the dust...it looks as though you guys are already there....guess ur on to the next challenge:perplexed

Chasturner84, grow, IntheMix08 yall just left me in the dust...it looks as though you guys are already there....guess ur on to the next challenge:perplexed

Naw son, lol. I'm still in this challenge and will be until we bring in 2011! I'm really trying to get full APL because my slow growing sides are SL-ish; I'm discouraged because deep down I know it won't happen by Dec. So Ijanei, I have not deserted you...we will enter the BSL challenge together!!! *Tunnel Vision*

PS-We may even be the same length at the end of this challenge because I'm getting a GOOD trim in Dec.

No, I'm still here. I've got a deep v shape going on. I'd like to trim it away at the end of the year and be full APL. So, we'll see how things go.

Finally checking in with length shots. It seems like everyone's doing really well and don't have long to go to reach APL!!
These pics were taken whilst airdrying, as I'm currently wearing cornrows under half-wigs as my protective style and a flat iron job would be wasted:

my20hair-vi.jpg

hair20shot-vi.jpg

I need 3.5inches to reach APL which hopefully I can achieve by December.

ETA: I had a mini setback during my exam period involving phony ponys hence the breakage in the middle- hopefully by the time I next relax it's easily resolvable

Last edited:
Hi ladies. I'm still hanging in there trying to stay motivated. December also marks my 1 year LHCF anniversary, so it would be great to be APL then. We'll see...

Hi ladies. I'm still hanging in there trying to stay motivated. December also marks my 1 year LHCF anniversary, so it would be great to be APL then. We'll see...

keep the faith, Salsarisma! we've still got a full 5 months plus!:yep:

and what you have ALREADY achieved with your nape is just AMAZING!!!

that's one of the most difficult areas for anyone's hair, and you've got it to growing wonderfully!

you are doing a great job, just keep it up and you will continue to see progress!

Back