APL by Dec 2010!!!

I got a relaxer about 2 weeks ago after stretching for 16 weeks and my hair grew ALOT! My hair hasn't been this long since maybe 8th or 9th grade and I'm really excited. Right now, I'm sitting pretty right between SL and APL so I think I'm going to make it by December, yay!

UPDATES! my newly relaxed hair.
IMG00808201006252148-vi.jpg

IMG00811201006252152-vi.jpg

2222-vi.jpg

comparison-vi.jpg

I cannot wait to relax. While the new growth is addictively soft, it makes my hair feel so freaking short!my ponytails and buns are puny :(

I actually made APL in March I still havent added a pic to this topic, I will try to get one up later this week.

^^^
Great progress! Bellebebe, same for you as well!

Platinum, I'm tall too (5'10"), so I understand the long neck thing and I love your spirit....DONT GIVE UP (should be the motto of this thread)!

Hey ladies. Here is my oh so late update. After 6 months of stretching, I ended up getting my hair cut. The ends just looked so dang scraggly! I guess I should have started my HHJ with a fresh cut instead of trying to hang on to all that damage. So I'm basically at the same length as before. I don't think I'm going to make APL by Dec 31, but I'm going to stay in the challenge anyway. Here is my starting picture:
[
Nov09.jpg

and where I am now:
101_0154.jpg

The only good thing that came out of this stretch is my nape. I started with NO hair whatsoever in the nape area, and this is what it looks like after 6 months of TLC:
<
101_0143.jpg

So, I'm soo discouraged, but not throwing in the towel yet!!

Last edited:
^^ girl you will make it. You still have a few months yet...ur nap is looking good so dont be discouraged and actually to me it looks like u did have some growth so be patient. Girl, look at NJOY I mean she went from a lil below shoulder length in jan to basically almost or she is waaaaay past apl it looks like to me, I'm not sure of her current length but she did that in like 4-5 months. I was like damn, wth:look:? but yea dont give up:spinning:

Thanks Ijanei, I'm just so frustrated with not posting all the pictures that I wanted.:wallbash: I don't know what the problem is. Anyway, I've sent the photos to my home email and they are on my phone. O well...I have 6 months to figure it out.:spinning:

Attachments

• 21008691208_ORIG.jpg
    21008691208_ORIG.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hey Salsa,:hiya2: nice to have you back! I wouldn't worry too much about making APL because if you don't make it, you'll at least be grazing. From your pics, you don't look like you're that far away; I'm glad you didn't drop out of the challenge. When I read your initial post after your relaxer, I was thinking that you hair was like grazing shoulder or something!!! Hang in there.

I need to put down the heat stylers. I bought some jumbo curling irons and I've used them twice recently :nono: the curls you can achieve are just so gorgeous. However it's a slippery slope, and I'm not prepared to take any risks and find myself depending on them. So I'll be putting them down for a while and stick to my trusted flexi rods and steam rollers.

I need to put down the heat stylers. I bought some jumbo curling irons and I've used them twice recently :nono: the curls you can achieve are just so gorgeous. However it's a slippery slope, and I'm not prepared to take any risks and find myself depending on them. So I'll be putting them down for a while and stick to my trusted flexi rods and steam rollers.

STEP AWAY FROM THE CURLING IRONS!:brucelee:lol If you're looking for big gorgeous curls, get some larger flexi rods!!! I'm on a personal 1 year no direct heat challenge to see how my hair behaves. I packed my curlers, flat iron, and blow dryer in a box and put it in the attic last year...so when I'm having one of those I need heat moments, I realize that I really don't want to go in the attic and seach for the box so I choose a healthier option.

Cream, heat is like alcohol, use in moderation!

Am I the only one who forgot that we are to post a progress pic on particular dates? (I know that we can post pics any other time, I'm just talking about "official" dates). June 30 (Wed) is the next one...

Am I the only one who forgot that we are to post a progress pic on particular dates? (I know that we can post pics any other time, I'm just talking about "official" dates). June 30 (Wed) is the next one...

And Wed, June 30th is my Birthday :grin:. I haven't seen my hair straighten in over a year. I plan to flat iron, but I'm also hair lazy so don't hold me to that plz.

Salsa you will make it, and if you don't you should be very very near it. Try not to be too discouraged. :)
:yawn: Thanks Cream Tee. I'm holding on. I'm also kind of over it now, if you know what I mean. If I make it, great, if I don't, then there's always next year. I'm enjoying seeing all these ladies meet their goals and the beautiful heads of hair:lick: Oh, and your hair is lovely!!!

Salsa, you are closer than you think. You should actually make it before Dec. You go girl!
Really, you think so afrochique?? I'm wondering if I should trim any more of my ends off. Some of them still look kinda thin...I don't know, but I hope you are right!

^^ girl you will make it. You still have a few months yet...ur nap is looking good so dont be discouraged and actually to me it looks like u did have some growth so be patient. Girl, look at NJOY I mean she went from a lil below shoulder length in jan to basically almost or she is waaaaay past apl it looks like to me, I'm not sure of her current length but she did that in like 4-5 months. I was like damn, wth:look:? but yea dont give up:spinning:

Ijanel, I get all excited when I hear about ladies like NJOY, but my hair grows sooo slow...like snail like! I'm hoping for a summer spurt or something. And yes, my nape has came a long way. I am very proud of that. I'm hanging in there. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hey Salsa,:hiya2: nice to have you back! I wouldn't worry too much about making APL because if you don't make it, you'll at least be grazing. From your pics, you don't look like you're that far away; I'm glad you didn't drop out of the challenge. When I read your initial post after your relaxer, I was thinking that you hair was like grazing shoulder or something!!! Hang in there.

LOL! Chasturner, you know my hair seemed so short and thin right after the relaxer. After about 4 to 5 days it loosened up and I could see that it wasn't that short. I'm hanging in there. Your hair is looking great girl!

no Salsa, I'm so sorry

Awww Salsa, sorry to hear that.:needhug: Definitely post pics; you never know how much you can gain by Dec. Even if you don't make your goal at the end of the year, when you do make it, your hair will be super healthy and your ends will be great!:hug3:

Salsa, I will hide out with you. I too am not sure if I will make it in Dec but there is always 2011!
Hugs!

Oh no, I'm sorry hun. :bighug: You'll be back before you know it! :yep:

Awww salsa don't drop out! You might still be able to make it...!

Wait Salsa, I see that your last relaxer was in December last year and you're due for a relaxer this month. If you have not yet relaxed then it could be that your ends simply looks thinner because of your thicker new growth hairs. When you relax, you'll see there will be difference. So before you cut or quit this challenge, do a thickenss check by relaxing or flat-ironing, whichever is best for you at this point and then go from there.

~kisses & Hugs~

I just wanted to say thank you ladies for encouraging me!!! I was so depressed after my relaxer that I couldn't bear to get on here and post, but I really appreciate all of you!!! :circle::grouphug3:

Salsa, 2moro we are to post progress pics. Although you just posted your relaxer update pics, you should do a side by side comparison pic. I agree with Ijanei and the others: you are closer to APL than you think and it is still within reach for you.

^^excuse my ignorance, but how do you do the side by side comparison picture? I just figured out the multiquote today. Lol! I'm so lame.

^^There are different ways to do it: MS paint, powerpoint, pikistrips, etc. I like using piki strips...that's how I did the progression pic in my siggy. Just go to their website, sign up for free and get started. When you are done, save the comic to your computer and you will be able to attach it as a pic in a post here.

^haaa dont feel lame, I didnt even try the multi-quote thing yet :lachen:
but Im not sure how everybody else does here comparison shots, so please tell ladies :grin:
I have a program on my computer that lets me put side by side pics so that's how i do mine... or go to picnik to do it

Just adding photos...now that I know how :perplexed I can keep a once every 2 month photo diary. So next post will be end of Aug. Happy growing everyone, and take care of those ends!

Attachments

• 21008691208_ORIG.jpg
    21008691208_ORIG.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 21015004526_ORIG.jpg
    21015004526_ORIG.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 21015053769_ORIG.jpg
    21015053769_ORIG.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 14
Back