APL by Dec 2010!!!

Hi guys!
As I had mentioned before I was disappointed by my length after my split ends were "trimmed" off.
I need some motivation to keep going til Dec.
Pic included of current length hair is slightly damp from moisturizing last night and the waves are from braiding plaits that I sleep in, kept them in all day under my wig. Also attached is a close up pic.

Keep going, the length will come, just be consistent and you will be rewarded. :yep:

I forgot I was in this Challenge. For some reason I never subscribed.

I just did a set of twists this week for work and the majority of my crown is nearly to my shoulders. I'm going to post pics this weekend.

There are some beautiful heads of hair in this thread.

Yeah, like yours! I love your hair in your siggy pic...gorgeous :grin:

Keep going, the length will come, just be consistent and you will be rewarded. :yep:

Very good advice, I couldn't agree more.

OT: but where the heck is Salsa? :missing: She knows that we're waiting for progress pics and she has the nerve to take her time...:bat: Not cool. :naughty: LOL. Kidding!!!

Hi, Just checking in. I've actually stopped washing my hair myself so much as I was getting a whole lot of breakage for some reason. I've been keeping it pretty simple tho: Phyto texlax every 8 weeks and bi-monthly visits to the the dominican salon for blowouts. I only have them apply heat to my roots and not the full length of my hair tho. I've found that this has helped tremendously with managing the 3 types of texture I have (relaxed, tex, and ng). Since I started doing this, my breakage has reduced at least 80% and I've managed to retain a lot more length. I apply african braid spray to moisture and coconut oil to seal. I've posted a pic from april of this year to june (2 months of growth) and I'm pretty happy with my progress. I think my longest layer is just about APL, and I hope to have the majority of my hair at APL by the end of this challenge :) Everyone on here is such an inspiration...keep up the great work.

Attachments

• hair 4.23b.jpg
    hair 4.23b.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 19
  • hair june 10.jpg
    hair june 10.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hi, Just checking in. I've actually stopped washing my hair myself so much as I was getting a while lot of breakage for some reason. I've been keeping it pretty simple tho: Phyto texlax every 8 weeks and bi-weekly visits to the the dominican salon for blowouts. I only have them apply heat to my roots and not the full length of my hair tho. I've found that this has helped tremendously with managing the 3 types of texture I have (relaxed, tex, and ng). Since I started doing this, my breakage has reduced at least 80% and I've managed to retain a lot more length. I apply african braid spray to moisture and coconut oil to seal. I've posted a pic from april of this year to june (2 months of growth) and I'm pretty happy with my progress. I think my longest layer is just about APL, and I hope to have the majority of my hair at APL by the end of this challenge :) Everyone on here is such an inspiration...keep up the great work.

Your hair looks so healthy and it is so nice and thick. Great job!

I'd like to join! I've been watching from the sidelines and I'm loving all the progress. I've been natural all my life but have heat damage. I am trying to stay away from the heat until my hair is back in tip top condition.

What am I doing for growth?
Taking biotin, MSM, and B complex. DCing 2X/week. Bunning all day and everyday.

What are you not going to do?
I am not going to straighten my hair until I need a trim. Most likely not until September.

What length are you now?
Between shoulder and APL but one side is slower than the other.

Last edited:
hi ladies! i sometimes feel likes its not gonna get to apl! or that its not growing! id disapoints me but then i gotta wait and see with time

I'm not going to officially join this challenge as I'm not posting pics in the thread....but I'ma ride out until the end of the year God-willing and hopefully I'll be APL. I have approx. 5" to go and MAINTAIN.

oh...and FYI: I was reading a hair mag, and a derma. answered the question about taking prenatal vits and hair growth.

His answer: it may cause stomach discomfort due to the higher levels of iron

his suggestion: 5,000-10,000mcg of biotin.

Yeah, like yours! I love your hair in your siggy pic...gorgeous :grin:

Very good advice, I couldn't agree more.

OT: but where the heck is Salsa? :missing: She knows that we're waiting for progress pics and she has the nerve to take her time...:bat: Not cool. :naughty: LOL. Kidding!!!

:Sad I'm here ladies....not happy! I don't know what happened to my hair? Maybe cornrows were not a good idea. My ends were see through and noticeably thinner than the rest of my hair, so I got a cut. I can't post pics b/c I'm out of town, but I may have to drop out of this challenge...don't think it's going to happen by December, but I'll post my pics on Monday and let you ladies chime in.

:Sad I'm here ladies....not happy! I don't know what happened to my hair? Maybe cornrows were not a good idea. My ends were see through and noticeably thinner than the rest of my hair, so I got a cut. I can't post pics b/c I'm out of town, but I may have to drop out of this challenge...don't think it's going to happen by December, but I'll post my pics on Monday and let you ladies chime in.

Awww Salsa, sorry to hear that.:needhug: Definitely post pics; you never know how much you can gain by Dec. Even if you don't make your goal at the end of the year, when you do make it, your hair will be super healthy and your ends will be great!:hug3:

Oh no, I'm sorry hun. :bighug: You'll be back before you know it! :yep:

Wait Salsa, I see that your last relaxer was in December last year and you're due for a relaxer this month. If you have not yet relaxed then it could be that your ends simply looks thinner because of your thicker new growth hairs. When you relax, you'll see there will be difference. So before you cut or quit this challenge, do a thickenss check by relaxing or flat-ironing, whichever is best for you at this point and then go from there.

~kisses & Hugs~

Is anyone else around SL or CBL and in this challenge for Dec 2010? It seems like most challengers posting are aiming to reach APL in the summer.

Updating my pics, I'm still striving while mostly wearing braids and twists.

Attachments

• DSC02326.JPG
    DSC02326.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC02314.jpg
    DSC02314.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 20
Is anyone else around SL or CBL and in this challenge for Dec 2010? It seems like most challengers posting are aiming to reach APL in the summer.
It'll be a miracle if I attain APL by the end of summer. If I do at the end of the year then that is more credible. So I'm guessing I am just around shoulder length right now.

Wait Salsa, I see that your last relaxer was in December last year and you're due for a relaxer this month. If you have not yet relaxed then it could be that your ends simply looks thinner because of your thicker new growth hairs. When you relax, you'll see there will be difference. So before you cut or quit this challenge, do a thickenss check by relaxing or flat-ironing, whichever is best for you at this point and then go from there.

~kisses & Hugs~

Salsa relaxed Thursday but I do agree that she shouldn't drop the challenge.

Stopping in with a progress pic.

Looks like it's gonna take forever to get to APL. However, I'm keeping my hair braided up through the summer and relaxing in late Aug. or early Sept. We shall see.....

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 25
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 29
Stopping in with a progress pic.

Looks like it's gonna take forever to get to APL. However, I'm keeping my hair braided up through the summer and relaxing in late Aug. or early Sept. We shall see.....

Looks like we'll be relaxing around the same time. I have a touch up twin!!:yay::woot:

Going by the pictures on here, it'd be a miracle if I reach APL by Dec. I think about half of ya'll that are saying you're not at APL, are really there.

Happy Hair Growing!

Going by the pictures on here, it'd be a miracle if I reach APL by Dec. I think about half of ya'll that are saying you're not at APL, are really there.

Happy Hair Growing!

It won't necessarily be a miracle for you to reach it! How far along are you?

I think it depends on what the person is calling APL. For instance, in my siggy, my hair looks APLish but I have since trimmed off an inch plus I'm aiming for full :perplexed Also, some are claiming APL when they are just grazing, and others, like me, won't claim APL until they slightly pass it which will probably be Dec.

Back