APL by Dec 2010!!!

Hang in there Salsarisma! That ng does have evil ways of fooling us but once relaxer time rolls around, you'll have the last laugh...lol...I jealous that you can go for 26 weeks...I refuse to attempt anything in excess of 18 :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement Chasturner...I'm hanging in there!! I plan to stretch for 26 weeks one more time, but after that, I'm back to every 16 weeks. I sooo hope to be APL by December.

Btw, your hair looks great...I'm jealous of that!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement Chasturner...I'm hanging in there!! I plan to stretch for 26 weeks one more time, but after that, I'm back to every 16 weeks. I sooo hope to be APL by December.

Btw, your hair looks great...I'm jealous of that!!!!!

Awww thanks for the compliment. I'm hoping that both of us will be claiming APL loud and proud by Dec!

Using my Sulu max gro to get more growth. Hopefully I'll get good results. I am about 2.5 inches from APL and it seems as if I'll never get there.

I took my weave down about two weeks ago and decided to deal with my natural hair, giving the weaves and braids a break for now.

I may start Biotin today as well. Every inch counts.

anybody have any "in-between time" pics. I love pics and need to stay motivated since i cant see what my hair is doing as it will be in cornrows for another 7 weeks. it's been 5 weeks already..

So I want to join this challenge. I'm going to cut my hair to full SL at the end of June to help with my transition. I've been going back and forth about cutting for months now but I figure posting in here will push me further towards the cutting side. So yah, I'll come back in June with pics....and I guess I expect to be APL by the end of October

I got my hair shampooed, blow-dried, and flat-ironed today :grin:

The heat was quite high (Monique, my stylist, used a Croc flatiron and tons of heat protectant), but the outcome was amazing. She trimmed 1 inch off, so I'm not reaching APL anymore, but 2 months from now, I'll be there again. I'll be getting a weave in 1 or 2 weeks, so back to protective styles I go!

She is an avid Bumble & Bumble user, and my hair seems to love the products. She said my hair and ends were in really good shape too :yep:

I don't take great pictures, but here they are:

050712-vi.jpg

050711-vi.jpg

I plan on getting it flat ironed again in December for my 3 year natural anniversary :grin: Later!

Your hair is lovely so thick

You took the words out of my mouth Cream Tee!!! Chasturner, you ARE already APL!!!! Claim it!!!

Cream, how is stretching coming along?

Hey girl

It's soooo frustrating. My hair feels so short. :nono: I know it's the NG but damn when I look at the pics.... :perplexed

I know these are curly pics so it's hard to see the length, I don't really straighten much so very few straight pics. However when I stretch it makes me feel slightly better.

I can't wait until I relax!!!

How are things going with you. :)

^^^Your hair is so thick and full. I'm going to die from hair envy on here!!! Your stretched picture looks really really close. I predict that you will hit APL when you relax. Me...I'm feelng just like you. I took out my first cornrow install and my hair was barely below my neck. Now I'm paranoid~~~~I did get cornrows again and I plan to wear these for three weeks...hair out for two and relax June 16th.

The Silk Elements was the bomb!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you for that recommendation girl! I did have some matting and tangling after I clarified, but I expected that. I don't think I lost a lot of hair considering it had been braided for almost 4 weeks. My hair was super soft and moisturized...and it smells great too.

We're on the home stretch now!!!

^^^Your hair is so thick and full. I'm going to die from hair envy on here!!! Your stretched picture looks really really close. I predict that you will hit APL when you relax. Me...I'm feelng just like you. I took out my first cornrow install and my hair was barely below my neck. Now I'm paranoid~~~~I did get cornrows again and I plan to wear these for three weeks...hair out for two and relax June 16th.

The Silk Elements was the bomb!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you for that recommendation girl! I did have some matting and tangling after I clarified, but I expected that. I don't think I lost a lot of hair considering it had been braided for almost 4 weeks. My hair was super soft and moisturized...and it smells great too.

We're on the home stretch now!!!

Thanks girl. Ooohh I knew that you would love the Silk Elements, it give so much slip, which is what we need given the jungle of NG! They are discontinuing it here so I had just buy a few tubs to stock up.

As for APL, nah we seem to be at exactly the same point looking at your siggy pic, I think we will reach APL together next month! :grin:

Oh and how dilo you get your hair to lay so flat!!! Did you rollerset???

I rollerset, then I reached for the debil flat iron - just did my roots though. :grin:

Hey ladies,
Just dropping in with an update. Took my braids out. Have about 6 1/2 mths of new growth.

Last edited:
I'm going to be in the same boat myself actually because I'm due a trim. I think I will do as Chasturner is doing and grow my hair past APL then trim to take me back to APL, should be able to do this by September or so I think... :scratchch

Ummm....oookkkk(rolls eyes!) if you say so! Lol!!

I'm going to be in the same boat myself actually because I'm due a trim. I think I will do as Chasturner is doing and grow my hair past APL then trim to take me back to APL, should be able to do this by September or so I think... :scratchch

See there Salsarisma, there is logic behind it! :rolleyes: Cream Tee, how much do you need to trim? I just started self trimming and have this cool U-V hybrid shape going on but one side is a little longer than the other. I'm definitely stepping up my moisture game this summer and hopefully I can get at least 1.5 inches by the time of my next relaxer in August. I'll probably take off about 2 inches and maybe I will be right at or an inch or so past APL in Dec. :pray:

See there Salsarisma, there is logic behind it! :rolleyes: Cream Tee, how much do you need to trim? I just started self trimming and have this cool U-V hybrid shape going on but one side is a little longer than the other. I'm definitely stepping up my moisture game this summer and hopefully I can get at least 1.5 inches by the time of my next relaxer in August. I'll probably take off about 2 inches and maybe I will be right at or an inch or so past APL in Dec. :pray:

I think 1 to 1.5 inches should be sufficient. :yep: My ends are in quite shape, I don't seem to have many splits at all, but it's been an age since I trimmed so I'll just get rid of any thin ends because I do have some.

That is so cool about the self trimming, I want to try that - how do you do it, what technique do you use?

I am sure getting tired of wearing my wigs now and I do need to try hard to get to APL this year (hoping against hope of course) so a change in protective styling should help get me out of this funk.

I am sure getting tired of wearing my wigs now and I do need to try hard to get to APL this year (hoping against hope of course) so a change in protective styling should help get me out of this funk.

Aggie, I feel like I'm bunning my life away..lol I only enjoy my hair on weekends (actually, just Sundays for church) and as soon as I get home my hair goes back into that dreadful bun. I know how you feel.

Im discovering I'm still playing around in my hair to much trying to think of different protective styles. My hair needs protection from my hands, It's like it's habit. I'm not to far away from APL but the way I'm headed, I will be back at NL smh

Im discovering I'm still playing around in my hair to much trying to think of different protective styles. My hair needs protection from my hands, It's like it's habit. I'm not to far away from APL but the way I'm headed, I will be back at NL smh

Yep, that's just like me. I always have to keep my hair covered, even when I'm at home (I cover outside) because my hands cannot behave themselves. :perplexed

Ok, have debated myself long enough...would like to officially join this challenge.
MINI ASSESSMENT:

What are you doing for growth?
PS, Healthy ends, juicin, MT and stretches.
What are you not going to do?
Put as little heat as possible and stay consistent.
What length are you now?
SL (maybe a bit past~lol, the picture shows)

Guessing I have about 3 or 4 inches to APL would yah'll say?!?!?

Attachments

• backfront04302010aplgoal.jpg
    backfront04302010aplgoal.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I'm barely touching SL (naturally, not sure if straightened) so I am deciding to live out this APL by December 2010 dream vicariously through many of you lovely haired ladies. :blush:

Ok, have debated myself long enough...would like to officially join this challenge.
MINI ASSESSMENT:

What are you doing for growth?
PS, Healthy ends, juicin, MT and stretches.
What are you not going to do?
Put as little heat as possible and stay consistent.
What length are you now?
SL (maybe a bit past~lol, the picture shows)

Guessing I have about 3 or 4 inches to APL would yah'll say?!?!?

I'd say that you have a good 3.5 inches to go. You can do it! HHG

I'm barely touching SL (naturally, not sure if straightened) so I am deciding to live out this APL by December 2010 dream vicariously through many of you lovely haired ladies. :blush:

Join us! U'd be surprised how much hair you can grow by Dec!

Back