APL by Dec 2010!!!

okay ladies I took these pics yesterday. I really want to make APL by June which is my 2yr HHJ. I am not sure how many inches I have maybe 2 inches my measuring seems to be always off. I did not take pics with my measure shirt this time because sometimes it tricks me thinking I am closer to APL. :lachen:

what do you think?

2vmvp52.jpg

I think your hair looks great! Your ends are in good shape.

I don't think APL in one month is feasible though bc it looks like you have about two inches to go....but healthy hair is the key. You'll be there in no time.

thanks ladies yeah i figured June was too short so august i should be there which is fine because i have came a long way from above earlength. my main focus is thickening up my hair and maintaining a healthy state.

Ay...pray for me people - I've decided to get my hair flat-ironed on Friday so that I can trim my own ends (with my Splitender and also to get those untouched ones with my good ol' fashioned scissors). I will update with a newer siggy pic. I won't forget :rolleyes:

Sending a prayer out your way!!!! Let us know how the split ender works for you. I'm thinking of investing in one.

Well I jsut reached shoulder length again this year and now I'm wanting to aim for APL. I want to reach APL by April next year but I want to hang with you ladies for support until the end of this challenge if you don't mind.

WELCOME ABOARD AGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE LIKE A HAIR IDOL FOR ME SO TO BE SHARING THIS APL JOURNEY WITH YOU IS A TOTAL HONOR!!!:yep:

(your fotki is saved to my hard drive!):grin:

Now THIS is really exciting!!!!!!:bighug:

we are some lucky ladies to have someone of your lhcf/hair experience, joy and care with us here!:yep:

Congrats naturalpride on reaching APL. Awww man! You know I would be heading for MBL by now if I didn't change up my end goals so much. Now that I am natural, I think I will stick with my current regimen for a loooong while and get there this time around.

But I am so happy for you naturalpride. You grow girl.

I had a serious setback today. :[[

Yesterday i sealed my ends with evoo after washing/conditioning.
I went to bed after twisting my hair in a couple twists.
So, today i bought a new flat iron and decided to test it out.

Can you see where this is going?

i fried the ends of my hair.
Done, like burnt.
So i cut them off, but my hair is now one huge jagged mess, and nowhere near apl.
i lost two inches of length in most places, and three inches in others. :(

Long story short, apl is not happening by the end of this month.
I'll post some pictures when I get over it haha.

I wanna join! If it's too late then I'd def like to follow you all along the journey. My hair now is SL when stretched/straightened and I really think that I can make APL by the end of the year.

ladies I must confess, i have falling to the heat. I just went to the salon yesterday and got a wash and set and a trim. But it was needed. My ends were incredibly damaged, i mean they were fried. So Im right belpw shoulder length once again. I think im going to keep up the hairstyle only because its so much easier to deal with and I seem to retain hair better when it is straight. So here I go back on the journey.

^^^I'm trying to resist the call of the heat! Last month I flat ironed 2 times... usually I flat iron 1x every two months... 2x a month isn't that bad I guess but heat is an addiction for me....!!

I relaxed last night and Im a good 2 inches or so till APL, I have faith I'll make it by December. All Im praying for now is evenness

I got my hair shampooed, blow-dried, and flat-ironed today :grin:

The heat was quite high (Monique, my stylist, used a Croc flatiron and tons of heat protectant), but the outcome was amazing. She trimmed 1 inch off, so I'm not reaching APL anymore, but 2 months from now, I'll be there again. I'll be getting a weave in 1 or 2 weeks, so back to protective styles I go!

She is an avid Bumble & Bumble user, and my hair seems to love the products. She said my hair and ends were in really good shape too :yep:

I don't take great pictures, but here they are:

050712-vi.jpg

050711-vi.jpg

I plan on getting it flat ironed again in December for my 3 year natural anniversary :grin: Later!

Last edited:

The heat was quite high (she used a Croc flatiron and tons of heat protectant), but the outcome was amazing. My stylist trimmed 1 inch off, so I'm not reaching APL anymore, but 2 months from now, I'll be there again. I'll be getting a weave in 1 or 2 weeks, so back to protective styles I go!

She is an avid Bumble & Bumble user, and my hair seems to love the products. She said my hair and ends were in really good shape too :yep:

050712-vi.jpg

050711-vi.jpg

I plan on getting it flat ironed again in December for my 3 year natural anniversary :grin: Later!

I LOOOOVE how thick your hair is! No see-through ends at all. There is nothing more drool-worthy to me than someone with thick, healthy ends (especially because I have thin hair!) Your hair is lovely. :)

:blush:

Wow...thank you :grin: I thought my hair was going to be all kinds of jacked up. When you're natural, you just never know what your hair is going to look like after a flat-ironing session.

I haven't had a trim since last August :look: only search and destroys)

I am lucky to have found my stylist. She is natural and wears her hair in protective styles all the time. She does my weave installs and is constantly complimenting my hair through the whole process. Every client needs a stylist like her!

:blush:

Wow...thank you :grin: I thought my hair was going to be all kinds of jacked up. When you're natural, you just never know what your hair is going to look like after a flat-ironing session.

I haven't had a trim since last August :look: only search and destroys)

I am lucky to have found my stylist. She is natural and wears her hair in protective styles all the time. She does my weave installs and is constantly complimenting my hair through the whole process. Every client needs a stylist like her!

As soon as you said that, I looked right up to find your location! It seems that everyone has a great stylist or does their own hair that looks wonderful and professional in areas NOT near me! :wallbash:
Lol. Someone in the DMV needs to hook me up!

As soon as you said that, I looked right up to find your location! It seems that everyone has a great stylist or does their own hair that looks wonderful and professional in areas NOT near me! :wallbash:
Lol. Someone in the DMV needs to hook me up!

My hair guru moved to Memphis from Los Angeles - on purpose(:look: I know...I asked her if she got lost on her way to Atlanta :lachen:) She has travelled back there at least twice in the past year that I have known her to learn more weaving techniques and about doing Brazilian keratin treatments.

My hair is been in braids for almost three weeks. I've been having a dandruff issue but sulfur 8 has been helping nicely. I'm about 12 weeks post relaxer right now so I cannot wait to see what progress I've made when I remove the braids sometime in June.

I finally took down my install from February...thank heavens! I really miss my hair..my sis says it is now a little past my shoulders but when I finish detangling and conditioning I will take a pic to see. Super Excited! After that back to some spring/summer braids! :)

I have been slacking in my regime for the last few months and it is showing in my progress. I am picking things up again - especially the scalp massages. I am keeping hope alive. My hair is currently a little past shoulders stretched.

I know it isn't a pic submission date (I'm not technically apart of the challenge anyway since I joined late) but it is the halfway mark of my transition today (8.5 months), and I decided to flat iron.
I am getting closer to APL. I think I should be able to claim it soon! I am about an inch and a half away I think (I am about 11.5"), but I will probably trim my hair to the exact 11" mark to make it a bit more even, so I am hoping to claim APL by September!

Attachments

• Document4.jpg
    Document4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 32
just posting a pic of my hair straightened. hope to be apl by dec. *crossing fingers*

Attachments

• hair may 2010.jpg
    hair may 2010.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 25
I think I need to take a better pic of my hair stretched out to see exactly how far from APL I really am. Hmmm, I may do that next weekend.

I am 21 weeks post this week....Yay...five more to go! I took out my cornrows after 3 1/2 weeks last night and did a clarifying wash, Aphogee 2 minute, and SE Megasilk Moisture Treatment with heat for 20 minutes. I'm getting cornrows againtoday for three more weeks. I must admit, all this new growth is quite discouraging!!! My hair is barely SL right now and I'm paranoid. ~~~I keep chanting "Its the ng fooling you...It's the ng fooling you"~~~ but omg! I want to relax to make sure so bad! Good thing I'm getting cornrows again!!

The heat was quite high (Monique, my stylist, used a Croc flatiron and tons of heat protectant), but the outcome was amazing. She trimmed 1 inch off, so I'm not reaching APL anymore, but 2 months from now, I'll be there again. I'll be getting a weave in 1 or 2 weeks, so back to protective styles I go!

Your ends are to die for!

I am 21 weeks post this week....Yay...five more to go! I took out my cornrows after 3 1/2 weeks last night and did a clarifying wash, Aphogee 2 minute, and SE Megasilk Moisture Treatment with heat for 20 minutes. I'm getting cornrows againtoday for three more weeks. I must admit, all this new growth is quite discouraging!!! My hair is barely SL right now and I'm paranoid. ~~~I keep chanting "Its the ng fooling you...It's the ng fooling you"~~~ but omg! I want to relax to make sure so bad! Good thing I'm getting cornrows again!!

Hang in there Salsarisma! That ng does have evil ways of fooling us but once relaxer time rolls around, you'll have the last laugh...lol...I jealous that you can go for 26 weeks...I refuse to attempt anything in excess of 18 :rolleyes:

Back