APL by Dec 2010!!!

I got tired of my flat hair and decided to do the high ponytail method of cutting layers.

I ended up losing 1.5 inchs all the way around because I jacked it up so bad. :sad:

I hope I can still make APL by December. That's 2-3 months growth down the drain. :cry:

I got tired of my flat hair and decided to do the high ponytail method of cutting layers.

I ended up losing 1.5 inchs all the way around because I jacked it up so bad. :sad:

I hope I can still make APL by December. That's 2-3 months growth down the drain. :cry:

Sorry to hear that TopNotch :bighug:...those situations can be very discouraging but think positive. You could definitely get a super summer growth spurt and gain those lost inches plus a couple more! We still have about 7 more months to go...that is a lot of time to grow!!!

Checking in...slowly creeping my way to apl. I'm currently 2months and 1 week post relaxer I'm not sure if I'm going to relax or transition...

Sorry to hear that TopNotch :bighug:...those situations can be very discouraging but think positive. You could definitely get a super summer growth spurt and gain those lost inches plus a couple more! We still have about 7 more months to go...that is a lot of time to grow!!!

:kiss: Thank you for the encouragement!!

How's it going ladies? I'm just doing a protein treatment, will use my newly acquired Skala then rollerset.

Hey Cream Tee, which Skala products did you try? I have the Fruit Cocktail Mask, Avocado condish, Ceramides condish and Ceramide Leave-in. I have only used them on my dd's hair though(she's almost 2). So far, the Avocado condish is working well for her Type 3 curls.

I'm still in cornrows and really getting tired of them:-( I can't wait to getmy hair back! Plus, they are flakng worse this time than before. It's been one week and I've got flakes already!

Hey Cream Tee, which Skala products did you try? I have the Fruit Cocktail Mask, Avocado condish, Ceramides condish and Ceramide Leave-in. I have only used them on my dd's hair though(she's almost 2). So far, the Avocado condish is working well for her Type 3 curls.

I'm still in cornrows and really getting tired of them:-( I can't wait to getmy hair back! Plus, they are flakng worse this time than before. It's been one week and I've got flakes already!

Salsa, please tell me what's so great about Skala?! Why do you like it? I've heard some good things, but really, what's the deal?!!! :drunk:

I've only got the big tubs of the Shea Butter and Aloe Vera and the SB leave in. I mixed the two of these together and it left my hair very soft and silky. It really makes the NG really pop, which is fine, but I didn't put on my scarf today so I was walking around with very big hair! :blush: The conditioners are quite heavy in my view, they are perfect for dealing with NG when you are several months post relaxer but I wouldn't use it if I just had a fresh perm.

I think their products are excellent for naturals so I'll be using them in my children's hair also.

Sorry to hear about your hair - it's not long to go now - don't give in! :)

I've only got the big tubs of the Shea Butter and Aloe Vera and the SB leave in. I mixed the two of these together and it left my hair very soft and silky. It really makes the NG really pop, which is fine, but I didn't put on my scarf today so I was walking around with very big hair! :blush: The conditioners are quite heavy in my view, they are perfect for dealing with NG when you are several months post relaxer but I wouldn't use it if I just had a fresh perm.

I think their products are excellent for naturals so I'll be using them in my children's hair also.

Sorry to hear about your hair - it's not long to go now - don't give in! :)

I meant Aloe Vera, not Avocado! I'm going to try these with my pre poo mixture once I take these itchy scratchy braids out! I hope they work on my hair as well. This NG is something else!

Salsa, please tell me what's so great about Skala?! Why do you like it? I've heard some good things, but really, what's the deal?!!! :drunk:

Chasturner, I honestly can't say yet! I went and bought what I could because they were so cheap!! I used them on my dd's hair, and her girls were so shiny and bouncy afterwards. I co wash her hair with the Aloe Vera condish. She has big bouncy type 3-something curls.

Cream Tee says it tames new growth, so in two weeks I'll see if it can handle my jungle. The great thing is that if the products don't work, it's only $1 loss!! Lol!

Chasturner, I honestly can't say yet! I went and bought what I could because they were so cheap!! I used them on my dd's hair, and her girls were so shiny and bouncy afterwards. I co wash her hair with the Aloe Vera condish. She has big bouncy type 3-something curls.

Cream Tee says it tames new growth, so in two weeks I'll see if it can handle my jungle. The great thing is that if the products don't work, it's only $1 loss!! Lol!

Let me know if it works for the ng!! I may have to find some to aid in stretching my relaxers.

Let me know if it works for the ng!! I may have to find some to aid in stretching my relaxers.

I going to see how my hair feels tomorrow and report back, but my NG is beautifully soft right now. I'll be using this every week until I next have a touch up.

Hey Ladies - BrownBean checking in. I did a length check recently. What do you guys think, another 1' to APL?

picture.php

Just a little update...I have been bunning for the past week and will continue until I get my hair flat ironed next friday. I will post pictures of the results.

Just a little update...I have been bunning for the past week and will continue until I get my hair flat ironed next friday. I will post pictures of the results.

Brown, it looks like you are getting pretty close! How's the progress on your sides. Mine grow sooo slow that I don't think I'll ever be full APL :ohwell:

Can't wait to see the pics Dionne!!

Well when I took out my twists my bottom or back part has almost reached SL. I did not flat iron it(only lightly blow dried) so it may be a little longer. I am in twists again, for another 5 weeks. Then I will take a break and put some crochet braids in, that I am so excited about. I am starting to get a little tired of twists.

As far as my sides/same as you, they don't grow in as fast as the middle. I'm a U-Shaper as well. I'm going to flat iron it soon to get a better idea/length check.

Brown, it looks like you are getting pretty close! How's the progress on your sides. Mine grow sooo slow that I don't think I'll ever be full APL :ohwell:

Can't wait to see the pics Dionne!!

Hey Ladies - BrownBean checking in. I did a length check recently. What do you guys think, another 1' to APL?

picture.php
am sooo not a judge of length...it's juss to hard to tell...but it doesn't look like it will be too much longer...
HOWEVER I LOVE your hair in your pic..those curls are sooooooooooo CUTE!!!

Back