APL by Dec 2010!!!

Hey bellebebe! Are you baggying under your wig? Could you share with me how you're baggying? The only time I baggy is when DC'ing, but it seems as if others are using it an additional way. I'd love to know. Thanks so much!

I usually do a full head baggy every night. Since I'm too lazy to wash my hair when I get up, I just keep the plastic cap on and I put the wig cap over it and wig it. Style my wig, and go. No one knows unless I tell them:grin:. It's quite simple.

I usually do a full head baggy every night. Since I'm too lazy to wash my hair when I get up, I just keep the plastic cap on and I put the wig cap over it and wig it. Style my wig, and go. No one knows unless I tell them:grin:. It's quite simple.

I never thought to baggy UNDER the wig cap. Oh Em Gee! I'm sooo doing this from now on. I'm letting my hair breathe right now, but you better believe I'm going back to my wigs next week. And I will definitely be baggying. Thank you!

I never thought to baggy UNDER the wig cap. Oh Em Gee! I'm sooo doing this from now on. I'm letting my hair breathe right now, but you better believe I'm going back to my wigs next week. And I will definitely be baggying. Thank you!

Gone wit ya bad self lol:grin:

My update!

This is from about two weeks ago, as my hair is in kinky twists right now; my hair was up in a bun all day, explaining the weird looking ends.

28cm2cj.jpg

I'll have to post my starting pic on Tuesday, that's the earliest I could get in for a flat ironing because of the Easter Weekend. :perplexed

it looks like everybody's making good progress! Yay!! Inthemix08, it looks like you're touching APL from what I can see, in a couple of months, I'm sure you'll be there w/o a doubt!

it looks like everybody's making good progress! Yay!! Inthemix08, it looks like you're touching APL from what I can see, in a couple of months, I'm sure you'll be there w/o a doubt!

Thanks, I'm hoping by my June relaxer that I can claim it. But we'll see how things go.

Your hair looks great by the way. Lovely shine!

Think I may have to drop out of this challenged.

I had to do a MAJOR trim :grin: Its alll good though. I got nice crisp healthy ends, they need to GO! :blush: We'll seeee

Here is my update, not much change. My hair was fresh out the shower so the strands are sticking together in the middle which is why it looks like that.

Attachments

• hair0331.jpg
    hair0331.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 27
Checking in -- I'm going to get a weave tonight --- I'm soooo scared, but by the time I take it out, I expect I'll be APL -- June or so. I did a length check last night, and I'm ALMOST there. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

HHG to you ladies!

Here's my current progress. I hate how thin my hair looks in the pictures even though it's far from that in real life. Dang product buildup. I need to clarify stat!

I made good growth progress though so I'm happy. Remember I started with earlength hair in June '09.

Attachments

• Image068.jpg
    Image068.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Image072.jpg
    Image072.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Image047.jpg
    Image047.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 33
I'll have my updates later in the month. I won't be relaxing until I'm 16 weeks post. That will be April 20th but I won't relax until April 23rd or 24th. I kinda want to see if I can make it to 26 weeks but I'm afraid that I'll be pushing it. I'm already losing patience with detangling and with the bun. If I go any further I may be tempted to cut it all off in frustration!!! Sigh........APL hurry up because I'm tired of this!!!!

Checking in...Think since it's gonna be so nice out this weekend, instead of wearing my hair pinned up, I'm gonna just wear a nice silky wrap. I wont put 2 much heat in though.

If it is God's will, I should be on target to make it by December :woot:. I will post pics as soon as I get them loaded to the computer. Good Luck to us all!!!!:wave:

I'm sooo late for this, but I kind of want to pay attention to this, because I hope to maybe be APL by the end of the year. :perplexed

I'm going to answer the questions, even. Heh. :blush:

What are you doing for growth I have been DCing once a weekly, cowashing every other day, wet bunning, even taking daily biotin pills lol, etc.
What are you not going to do Relaxers, flat irons, blow dryers (though I use a heat cap when I DC?), go longer than a 3-4 days without washing my hair, etc.
What length are you now? I actually don't know. My hair is changing like it never has before (in my experience), because I am going without relaxers for the first time since I started getting them at age 5. I used to have my hair straight with just frizz on the roots, but now it's half curled/frizzed for a good chunk of the length (a.ka. new growth I guess), and then a lot of the underlying hairs are still straight. Going off of the few full straight hairs left I'm at shoulder length again (which is growth from their length in January), however, my curled/frizzed hairs are much shorter, a little longer than chin length. I suspect that, logically, if they were straightened they'd be a longer length? I imagine maybe a little above shoulder if they were straight. Whivh is A LOT of growth from where I was by the end of last year (seriously, the whole back half of my hair was gone due to breakage :nono: ). So ya, my chemical hairs are SL and the frizzed/curled ones are somewhere between CL and SL. I don't know what you'd call that.

I hope we all reach this APL goal! :grin:

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I've taken my progress pics already yesterday, i will post them as soon as i come back from church!! till then, keep on posting..

Hi ladies!! I just wanted to post my progress pictures. My signature picture is my starting point in November of 2009. I have been roller setting once a week and bunning 3-5 days a week. In this picture, I am 15 weeks post relaxer, and I'm on a personal no heat challenge until I relax in May at 26 weeks post. Sooo....I had to pull some strands out for an approximate length check.

Apr32010.jpg

ETA:Ugh! I changed my signature picture!! I'll try to get the old one back up

Last edited:
3 month progress w/ trim..

4.jpg
dec-jan

DSCN0333.jpg

apr 2nd 2010..

did a self trim.. it was needed and cut off 3/4 inches. that's it till december.. no more trims for me unless its ultimately necessary. this transition is getting pretty tough.. lol..
**APL is like the bottom of the second pic.. i gotta retain every millimeter. when i measured, it was 3.75 inches..

Wow @Amazing, ur hair is coming along fine and @Salsarisma's ur right there at apl, i think in about another month or 2, u have it

Wow @Amazing, ur hair is coming along fine and @Salsarisma's ur right there at apl, i think in about another month or 2, u have it

Awww! Thanks....You got me so excited now. I didn't even think APL was possible before December. And since I'm 15 weeks post relaxer, my hair "seems" shorter than SL!! So I was shocked when I pulled a curl out. I still won't fully believe it until I relax in May. 11 more weeks to go.

Here are my 3mth prgress pics. I am still using halfwigs for a protective style. I only wear my hair out maybe 1wk out of the month. I think APL on me is #4 my goal is to get there by June2010 my 2yr HHJ anniversary

Starting pic Jan2010
25i55wp.jpg

taken April 2nd 2010
n3kuon.jpg

I have not checked in since the beginning, but I have had some major progress! I'm so excited.

When I first joined this challenge:

100_3174.JPG

Where I'm at as of today:

100_3524.JPG

I cannot believe how fast my hair has grown:spinning:. It's been less than 6 months! All I've done differently is kept my hair in protective styles more often and been more consistent with my routine. I blogged about my length check today, so you can check that out to see more pics and detail.

Back