APL by Dec 2010!!!

I need to do the mini assessment thingy....

What are you doing for growth: Washing and DCing 2x week, mostly PSing (low manipulation too!), taking a multivitamin daily/eating healthy, increasing water intake

What are you not going to do: Use too much heat, do too much manipulation

What length are you now?: Just hit SL in March but my hair is layered too!

hi ladies!

so far so good!

the regular co washing, no heat and ps low manip hair styling is working and my hair is growing!

INDARICAN i totally understand how you feel.
i haven't used heat since nov.17th., 2009 and i miss it too.
BUT my hair has grown down past all lengths that it had ever been when i used to use heat.
i might even make my apl goal before the time i had set to do it.
this is why we must persevere.

once we start seeing the growth surpassing our objectives (and it will, if we continue), we will continue to see why we gave up heat and other bad for growth practices.

stick with it, your hair will thank you with great results!!!

Awww, Grow. You always say the nicest things. :yawn: You are so inspirational. I guess I have to step up my game now......

I'm pre-pooing under my heating cap right now. I'm gonna try Redken cleansing cream today and I'm a little nervous, because I don't want my hair to mat up. :ohwell:

I'll have to post my pic on the 2nd... that's the only time i'll have available to take out my braids, wash, etc to take a decent pic. :ohwell:

^^Posting on the 2nd too. I'll be 15 weeks post relaxer, so it won't be a true check, but hopefully I'll be able to see some progress.

Didn't do much to my hair today....still have my twists in but I suspect I'll be under a wig by the middle of next week or rocking a twistout b/c my twists get fuzzy with all the cowashing and massaging.

Someone had to do something to their hair today.....hewwwooo..... :p

Here's my quarterly progress pic. Should definitely make APL by (if not before) Dec.

Attachments

• HPIM1960.jpg
    HPIM1960.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I wasn't able to get home this weekend.:crying3: I was really looking forward to taking my twists out. Hopefully I can go home within the next few days. I still haven't decided if I'm going to Henna or do a protein treatment w/DC. I should be able to post an update pic soon.

What are you doing for growth?
1)Deep Condition twice a week
2) Wash hair once a week
3) Cowash once a week
4) Moisturize and Seal when needed
5) Exercise
6) Low Manipulation Styles
7)Relax every 12 weeks
8) Stick with the products that work
9) Trim every 24 weeks (every other relaxer)

What are you not going to do?
1) Change my regimen too much
2) Be a product junkie
3) Sleep with conditioner on wet hair, it makes my hair break like crazy, dry hair is fine.
4) Use too much heat
5) Touch my hair too much, I have hands in hair syndrome :nono:

What length are you now?
SL

Last edited:
I will be doing my length check today and I'm a little nervous. My hair growth seems to have slowed down a great deal. Not sure why as I've been wiggin it since December, DC'ing regularly and keeping it moisturized. Oh wait...could be stress. Mmm....

Anyhoo, will post pics this evening.

I've just seen this, been on hiatus!
I sit in front of a mirror and section my hair off and look at all the ends. My hair is long enough to
see the back now so I comb the hair like a stylist would to trim. I'm literally taking whatever split I see so I'm not giving my self a full trim. I'm sure when I go to the
salon they will want to hack off a full inch or more but its not going to happen. If yours are on shedded hair I wouldn't even worry about them. But
you can see a few on the rest of your hair then snip them off so they don't go any higher.
I 'm in braids right now and trying to stretch 6months so really and trully I should let the professionals sort out my ends after all that time but we shall see!

how exactly do you examine your ends well enough to notice split ends?
Today was my first time to see what a plit end looks like (IRL that is)
but it was on a shedded hair...they are so small you could barely see them. All this time I've been thinking that I've had a head full of split ends when really i just think I have so man uneven strands of hair..

What should i do? should i section off my hair and examine strand by strand?? that sound difficult?

Maybe its just hard for me since my strands are very uneven

Ok, so I've washed and wet pressed my hair. Not quite APL and still have quite a way to go on the sides, but I think I'll be there before December. Wouldn't that be a treat? :yep:

IMG00115-vi.jpg

almost-apl-3-28-2010.html

Wearing my half wig till July, I broke my goal of not using heat till summer earlier this month, so I'm gonna try to stick with no heat till my next trim.

Ladies, I feel like I need to drop out :(

I just cut about 2.5 inches off my hair. I'm having a battle with this color and I'm starting to hate my colored ends more and more. I did a protein treatment and cut it and my hair looks and feel better than ever. By the end of summer, I hope to have most of the color cut out. I'm just really embracing my natural color and doubt I'll use permanent color again.

Hey gals! Just coming thru w/ my first of two update pics... I'm posting pre-trim pics this evening and post-trim pics tomorrow.

Here's where I was at the start of the challenge:
1231.jpg

And here I am now:
hair329.jpg

I'm 2.5-3 inches from APL based on these pics, but we'll see where I am after my trim tomorrow!!

hola chicas!!

i haven't showed my face around here for a minute but i have been lurking regularly. i'm 1-1.5 inches from APL. i had a fall out with my ex hair stylist earlier this month about my trim that led to a cut. this was the second time in less than 6 months!! i ofically quit her. i would have been APL by now if it was not for that.

i treated my hair to a new conditioner and i'm in love!! my new staple moisturizing conditioner is aubrey organics white chamillea. i'm also increasing my protein by using Aphogee 2 min every other wash and Aphogee green tea leave in every wash.

i plan on wearing phony buns and roller sets until my next relaxer which will be another 7-8weeks.

keep up the good work ladies!!!

I've been sick as a dog this week, but I did straighten. The middle is kinda frizzy :ohwell: but this will have to due for now.

End of Dec 2009:

straight-back.jpg

End of March 2010:

APLChallenge-March302010.jpg

Went from just covering my neck, to my bottom/longest layer being well beyond it. **claps**

Should come back later to edit in my pony tail comparison.

Also, great progress ladies!!

I think I may have made it! Or at least I think I did!:perplexed What do you ladies think?

Sorry for my hair in the picture. I'm not using heat this year so I had to stretch it out with my hand.

Attachments

• PIC-0572.jpg
    PIC-0572.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 25
Ok ok ok ---I know picture time is soon but I still have my install in and plan on keeping it in till late May----so sorry no update pic yet. I still feel Im on the grow though. :)

What are you doing for growth

Washing weekly
Rockin "The Southern Tease" as my protective style:grin:
Keeping ends moisturized and wrapping hair up at night.
use of my daily mix w/ carrot and coconut oil on my scalp daily

What are you not going to do

-NO relaxers or heat (last relaxer for good was beg of march, only kept it on for 3minutes :lachen: at the last minute I had changed my mind)
-NO trimming is needed at this point.
-NO continuous playing in my hair as I normally tend to do :nono:
-Trying so hard not 2 color hair

What length are you now?
-SL

2ptxmra.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like I've got about 2-3 inches to go :woot: I want to trim in about a month but I'm worried about myself and the scissors, I've never been able to "trim" it usually results in a cut! We'll see

I know its pic update day but i'll have to post this weekend after I get a relaxer. So I will be back to post on saturday.

Hey mama, is it too late for me to join?
this is my first year doing any challenge lol and I'd like to hit APL at least by dec.

* What are you doing for growth
Co-washing, and full head baggying.
Relax every 2 months, protect hair with wig, and full head baggy at least 3/night
* What are you not going to do
shampoo more than once a month, avoid too much heat, no weaved braids.

* What length are you now?
I am at awkward lentgh.

start up pic MARCH 31st
IMG00315201003071736-vi.jpg

Hey mama, is it too late for me to join?
this is my first year doing any challenge lol and I'd like to hit APL at least by dec.

* What are you doing for growth
Co-washing, and full head baggying.
Relax every 2 months, protect hair with wig, and full head baggy at least 3/night
* What are you not going to do
shampoo more than once a month, avoid too much heat, no weaved braids.

* What length are you now?
I am at awkward lentgh.

start up pic MARCH 31st
IMG00315201003071736-vi.jpg

Hey bellebebe! Are you baggying under your wig? Could you share with me how you're baggying? The only time I baggy is when DC'ing, but it seems as if others are using it an additional way. I'd love to know. Thanks so much!

Back