APL by Dec 2010!!!

APL is finally in my rear view mirror and I can't wait till I get there! I decided to try co-washing daily or every other day to keep moisture in my hair. Its working great so far but I think I need to incorporate some protein cause I'm seeing a little breakage. :nono:

Checking... I am 13 weeks post. I'm considering transitioning but I'm not for sure. I just know that I plan to stretch for 9 months. But all is going well with my hair. I should be APL by June or July.

Checking in....hey don't we have a photo op coming up soon on the 20th?

Anyway, I co-washed for a couple days because I felt like being a short hair diva lol but I'm back to my braid out and nightly rebraiding and I am excited to say that I can wear a real puff!! That's how I've been styling my braid out and I can even use my boar bristle brush again!!!! My ends don't feel like they need a trim but I do see a couple splits on my shed hairs but whatever I'm doing must be working because they aren't major splits like they used to be, but still worthy of a light dusting so I will take care of that before tonight's rebraiding session. Ummm, the 7th of this month was a milestone for me because on that day it was exactly 1 year since I last relaxed and dyed. Hopefully when my BC anniversary comes up I'll be able to rock a full SL flat iron job to show off my progress!

Checking in...I relaxed yesterday and got a much needed trim. I'm hoping to make it by June. Still bunning, cowashing, and massaging with JBCO.

Checking in...trying to hang in there. I think this might be against the rules, but I blow dried my hair last week in order to get a better assessment of where I am after a hair cutting disaster. My hair is growing back thank the Lord, but I would be much closer to APL at this point. The hair on the left side of my hair is only shoulder length!!!! ugh! While the hair on the right side and back is somewhere in between SL and APL...so frustrating...but I'm hanging in there:(

Heres a little update. I have been bunning for 99% of the time. I clipped my ends and did some search and destroying this week. This was one of the best things I could have done. My shedding stopped almost instantly.

hey ladies.. I dont think ill make it to APL in 2010.. Im 20 weeks post, have terrible breakage in my crown and thinking about a BC this summer.. sooo.. yeah

I still see a lot of progress in my non breakage areas! it will hurt to chop it off ina few months but I wont be able to rock it properly with those thin looking ends anyway so... Im going natural

I'm still determined to be grazing APL at the end of the year, but I don't think it will happen as a natural. When my hair is long I love wearing sleek buns and trying to force my natural hair to do that with hard, excessive brushing and damaging hair gels and spritz is what set me back before, and I want long hair so I can wear those tricky looking buns lol. I'm not making any changes until September because I want my hair to be in a completely healthy state before I start using chemicals again and I'm still on the fence on whether to use lye or no lye...so basically I actually have a reason to be on LHCF at all hours of the day now lol

I am happy to say that I have hit APL :grin: I think :look: I will take pics ASAP. :yep:

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :grin:
I'm excited to see pics!!

Tomorrow I'll be 10 weeks post. I'm shooting for 26 weeks. I'm going to start co-washing to see if that will help me deal with the new growth. I've tried co-washing before but didn't like it. But now it's do or die!! I must reach APL by the end of the year. So to combat the dryness and tangles I think co-washing may be the answer. I'm going to use V05 Moisture Milks (I think it's Passion Fruit). Wish me luck!!!

Good luck! Co-washing really helped me towards the end of my 7 month stretch. I really don't know what would have become of my hair had I not started doing it :nono:, and I also used the VO5 conditioners for co-washes.

Hi everyone. I wore a bun all week...I'm heading to 13 weeks in my 26 week stretch! Still deep conditioning once a week! APL, I'll see you soon!

Still braiding at night and wearing a puff the next day. I had to wash last night because my hair felt gross from globbing on smooth n shine gel trying to get the front to lay down and it STILL looked like crap, smh. Been researching texlaxing and I'm dead set on doing it in September as long as my hair is still in good shape and at SL.

I have got 9 months to make it to APL and I think I can do it.....

HAPPY HHG LADIES. Congrats to everyone who reached their goal thus far

Still wearing my Senegalese Twists but I'll probably take them out in a few weeks. I've been using a MT/MN mix for almost 2 weeks now. I'm not sure if I'm getting any extra growth right now because I have a lot of NG already. I'll probably make a sulfur mix as well (since I left my MTG mix in my hotel room when my truck was in the shop).

Congratulations to the Ladies who have reached APL. Keep up the good work Everyone!

I'm grazing apl!

I'm currently in week 29 of a 39 week stretch but when I did a quick length check at the beginning of March, I saw that my bottom layer is sitting right at apl :]]
The rest of my hair still has a bit of a ways to go, but I'm happy with even this small bit of progress.
I started my hhj in december and I was pretty skeptical about whether or not i would see results.
Now I've started to, and I'd just like to let y'all know and thank you for your support!
I'm so excited to reach full apl (or close to it); hopefully by the time I relax my hair at the end of may.

& congratulations to the ladies who have reached their goals :]]

Attachments

• grazing apl.jpg
    grazing apl.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 42
I am 14 weeks post and counting. I had to clarify tonight because it was a mess. I have reduced manipulation to only washing 1 time per week and detangling then. I dc with a de smoothie: motions (ironically I hate everything motions) and ion reconstructor. My hair feels good and I detangled with no problems.

Alright idk what's goin on but even my holy grail shampoos are acting weird. I JUST clarified too, like not even a week ago. Ugh, next wash day i'm gonna clarify and if the holy grails still act up I'm gonna try the baking soda and conditioner deal.

Just checking in, I dont know if i am getting any growth, but i am seeing a less breakage so i guess that is a good thing. I really want APL by one of my best friends wedding which is in june, and when i measured last night it looks like I need at least two more inches to be there. I was thinking about co washing every day instead of every 3 days. I dont know but I NEED to get to APL by june.

Well Im still taking my Natures Bounty Hair Skin and Nails vitamins everyday as well as my iron supplements. My hair and nails are noticeable thicker. I had kinky twist put in on Monday and cant wait for all the new growth. Got to retain. Im still pushing for APL by my bday at the end of June!

ETA: Currently 4 months post. not relaxing until 7 months post.

Well Im still taking my Natures Bounty Hair Skin and Nails vitamins everyday as well as my iron supplements. My hair and nails are noticeable thicker. I had kinky twist put in on Monday and cant wait for all the new growth. Got to retain. Im still pushing for APL by my bday at the end of June!

ETA: Currently 4 months post. not relaxing until 7 months post.

:yep: @ the bolded.
love stretching :]]

I gotta a question and maybe this was stated in the rules, but is this challenge for just making APL, full APL or both/doesn't matter just APL some how some way? I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'm not sure when to actually claim APL.

TIA!!

Back