APL by Dec 2010!!!

Just a little update. I have been moisterizing/sealing daily and faithfully taking my vitamins. I have been wearing protective styles for the for past 4 days and will continue this until my wash day and start all over again.

I found some splits so have been on a s&d tonight I moisturised sealed and I'm in a bun.

how exactly do you examine your ends well enough to notice split ends?
Today was my first time to see what a plit end looks like (IRL that is)
but it was on a shedded hair...they are so small you could barely see them. All this time I've been thinking that I've had a head full of split ends when really i just think I have so man uneven strands of hair..

What should i do? should i section off my hair and examine strand by strand?? that sound difficult?

Maybe its just hard for me since my strands are very uneven

but it was on a shedded hair...they are so small you could barely see them. All this time I've been thinking that I've had a head full of split ends when really i just think I have so man uneven strands of hair..

What should i do? should i section off my hair and examine strand by strand?? that sound difficult?

What I do when I S&D is get under bright light and section off my hair. I examine the strands in eah sectionand when I see splits, I snip the hair above the split. I'm not trimming all the strands just splits when I see them. Splits usually look like tree branches to me...lol...or a fork in the road.
Uneven hair doesn't have to be split. It could be just that: uneven. So inspect your strands carefully.

Hi washed my hair tonight.

1. prepoo - ORS Mayonnaise & Alma Oil, sat for 1.5 hr,
2. shampoo with Aveda Dry Remedy,
3. DC’d with MT Creamy Conditioner, Aveda Dry Remedy (ADR) and a little of Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner- under cap 1.5 hr, (was talking to a friend forgot to go under the steam cap) - oh well body heat had to do.
4. Porosity Control and
5. ACV Rinse.

I moisturized with a little ADR Conditioner, ORS Olive Oil Leave-in & NTM, Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-in Conditioner, (out of Kertain), Chi Silk Infusion, EQyss Detangler Shine, Omega Oil and Argon Oil.

Steps above took me @ 4 hrs - including showering time. I started @ 6:30pm.

Then detangled and air drying. My hair should be dry by mid-night.
Put into a pony tail and silk scarf wrap.

Extra step I did tonight was prepooing. I do that once is a while. In December I added Argon Oil after washing my hair only. It makes my hair feel light and looks good - LOVE IT!. I found that if I added more Argon Oil during the week after moisturizing it made it dry – my hair didn’t like it. So once a week only.

I only shampoo once or twice a month depending how my hair feels like. So I would do steps 2 -5 - air dry, but 2 I would do co-wash instead with ADR or Sauve Conditioner. I use MT as my protein, sometimes Aphogee 2 min, I have a Sebastian Protein Treatment, but no set schedule. I ran out of Aphogee 2 min and needs replacing.

Any suggestions on my regimen? I gladly appreciate any suggestions to help me get to APL.

Last edited:
Still wearing Senegales Twists for now but I think I'm going to take them down in a few weeks. Cowashing with Suave Humectant and DCing almost everyday, baggying at night. I found a bottle of Megatek in my PJ graveyard and thinking about trying that again.

Last night was my hair night.
  1. Pre-poo with Umberto Pre shampoo treatment and EVCO
  2. Shampoo with Trader Joe's Tea Tree shampoo. This was wonderful and the peppermint made my scalp tingle.
  3. Applied Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and washed out after five minutes
  4. DC under dryer for 30 minutes with UBH Conditioner
  5. Quick condish wash for slip with Tressemme Moisture Rich
  6. Tied down with silk scarf and air dried overnight

This week I decided to wear protective styles to keep my SL tresses off of my clothing! I am planning to bun Monday - Thursday (for as long as I can stand it!) and wear my hair out (meaning roller sets/flexi rods) from Friday-Sunday. So far, I'm liking the bun more than I thought I would.

Hola.

I've been "greasing" my scalp w/ MN for a week now and wearing a french roll as a protective style.I can feel myself obsessing about making it to APL this year. All I can think about is hair and in my free time I'm re-searching how to make my hair healthier and gain that inch a month. That doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing but I'm switching my reggie and products so much that I'm not giving my hair enough time to respond to see what actually works.:sad:All good things come in time right?

That's what I do. I grab a section, examine, then snip off splits. Some of it isn't long enough for me to pull forward so I don't worry about it. I only cut splits I can see.

Yesterday was hair day:

1. Shampoo with Fantasia Tea Tree
2. 2 Minute Aphogee
3. DC with Coconut Oil/Shea Butter/Coconut Milk/Olive Oil mix
4. Double strand twist using pure Aloe Gel and Coconut oil (the first time I've used this combo and twists came out so shiny and beautiful)

Newbie here so if anything is wrong with my reggie please let me know!

went to gnc and bought a 2 months supply of ultra nourish hair vitamins...good lord those things are huge! i started today and if i see good results i'll keep up with them til i reach my ultimate goal of WL.

I think I read somewhere someone using both or maybe I just incorporated both. Is this an over kill?

I use both too...I even keep the ACV rinse in the fridge overnight before using it, so that it's a cold final rinse at the same time. Gotta close them cuticles nice and tight. :look:
I don't think it's overkill, since I DC with heat and use warm water to rinse out shampoo and conditioners.

I think I read somewhere someone using both or maybe I just incorporated both. Is this an over kill?

Oh, ok. I never heard of anyone using both before. And, I had been using ACV rinses, then I decided to buy PC, so I threw away my batch of ACV rinse (water bottle size), guess, I could have used it. Just seemed like it would be a lot.

went to gnc and bought a 2 months supply of ultra nourish hair vitamins...good lord those things are huge! i started today and if i see good results i'll keep up with them til i reach my ultimate goal of WL.

i'm going to stop by gnc to get me some vitamins. I going to try the Be beautiful someone mentioned in another thread.. They said they were small and i likes that!! :) i just cant take big pills at all:nono: I would have to use a pill crusher and thats annoying.

goodluck on your vitamins. I cant wait to get mines!

Here's my starting pic. Wish me luck!!

148pic.jpg

I use both too...I even keep the ACV rinse in the fridge overnight before using it, so that it's a cold final rinse at the same time. Gotta close them cuticles nice and tight. :look:
I don't think it's overkill, since I DC with heat and use warm water to rinse out shampoo and conditioners.

I might refrigerate the ACV rinse, just wondering if I can handle the coldness.

Just an update. I've been bunning since last weekend and my current bun will take me until this Saturday. Boy, I'm so excited at the THOUGHT of being able to touch my hair for wash day!

Checking in. I'm five weeks post here. Had my roots blown out for length check purposes so I can know where I stand :grin: Sorry the pic is super dark.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 30
My hair is so much more moisturized when I wash and wear twist outs every 3 days instead of trying to co wash everyday so yea, daily co washing is out the door. Parts of my regimen are beginning to become set in stone, like using my protein leave-in on wash days only and combing on wash days only. And I may even cut out a lot of my PJ stash because so far my hair is doing just fine with shampoo, conditioners (DC, leave-ins, etc), and oil.

I haven't done much to my hair lately, I'm wearing a puff right now. I'm planning on washing/deep conditioning this weekend.

I might wear a bun next week or a wig.

Back