APL by Dec 2010!!!

checkin in:
so, this past Sun, i got an unexpected BKT. it initially was supposed to be a strand test, but ended up being the whole head. I wash it out today when i get off work.

other than that, it's grown since december, but once sunday come, i'm gonna be braided right back up underneath a wig. some may wonder well, why did i get the BKT, well, its a trial one to see whether or not my hair likes it, plus it gives me an option in case i don't want to wear a wig (i'm transitioning, so styles are limited).

I have a goal to reach and i want one full inch by Mar, so I am currently taking biotin, and silica, and keeping a low mani regi.

My hair is so much more moisturized when I wash and wear twist outs every 3 days instead of trying to co wash everyday so yea, daily co washing is out the door. Parts of my regimen are beginning to become set in stone, like using my protein leave-in on wash days only and combing on wash days only. And I may even cut out a lot of my PJ stash because so far my hair is doing just fine with shampoo, conditioners (DC, leave-ins, etc), and oil.

That's the same reason I love twistouts so much. It's a style that keeps my hair very moisturized. I have a 3 day wash cycle too.

What are you doing for growth? Right now Protective Styling
What are you not going to do?
What length are you now? I haven't done an official length check but probably grazing SL.

I will post pics of my hair as soon as I take down my yarn braids. I miss my hair so much, but these braids took too long to put in just to take them down and it hasn't been a month. They still look good too. Here are some pics.
003-4-1.jpg

014-3-1.jpg

014-3-1.jpg

005-4.jpg

Wish I had some better pics but i'm lazy. When I start styling them again I'll probably take more. Anyways I just moisturize with braid spray and on my scalp and edges is use JBCO. I try to clarify weekly with bentonite clay, and poo, and condition with anything I find.
SIMPLE. It's only been a few weeks and my braids are really loose. It's cool because it just makes them belnd better.

I left Silicon Mix in my hair too long. My hair was a tangly mess and I had clumps coming out in my hands. *sigh* Another set-back because of something I should have known better than to do.

I left Silicon Mix in my hair too long. My hair was a tangly mess and I had clumps coming out in my hands. *sigh* Another set-back because of something I should have known better than to do.

Sorry to hear about your setback. I have never used SM before. Is it a conditioner that you left on too long or a specialty item?

Sorry to hear about your setback. I have never used SM before. Is it a conditioner that you left on too long or a specialty item?

How long did you leave it in? Im sorry that happen.

Its a good conditioner and the directions say to leave it on for 5 minutes. I forgot that it has a moderate amount of protein in it. My hair is protein sensitive and I left it on for 30 minutes with heat! I was so busy trying to use up my stash that I used it as a DC when I shouldn't have.
I relaxed a few days later and and got a dusting to even up my ends. It's OK now. I just lost about 1/4 inch.

I straightened my hair today and put it in a bun. I think I'm going to start using a little more heat, maybe once a month. That if I dont get a sew-in.

I broke down and washed/DC my hair today....I am one of those who usually wait a while to wash(every 3 weeks)..but I felt the need to since I am moisturizing and sealing daily. Looks like I maybe washing at least every 2 weeks. I just braided it up in 4 large cornrows. I am going to try and keep it like that until my next wash day...will maybe wear a wig some.

I have just realized that I will be 12 weeks post in a few days! yay! This is when I usually do a touch up but Im thinking about doing some yarn again to keep my hands out my hair for like a month...

Still in an install and I am still doing the same routine. Will be removing it after 2 mo. on the 26th of this mo. Will do a length check and post pics.

Been researching old threads and in my thesis (lol) I have written that simplicity is the key to great lengths. In the process of scaling down my products, logically, won't get to the technical part til I get back to my home base. I refuse to throw out those products though...I may just box them up and leave them in the day room at my dorms.

on day 3 of applying essential oils i purchased. I will love to see how this stuff works since there was a study on applying such oils for growth. I keep my cornrows in for at least amonth I am pushing for 6 weeks. i am so thirsty i take braids out and rebraid since I want to touch my hair so bad :( LOL trying to retain!!

My hair is still in braids! I washed and redid a few and noticed growth (it's been about a month)
I just mixed up some mn mixture and will be using that as well as some biotin, which I've had great results for in the past (TARGET BRAND)
My hair in the back from under ear and down is collarbone length!

I have been bunning for the past week and have gotten tones of compliments on my hair, everybody is noticing how thick my hair has gotten. I really love my curly scrunchie.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG00109-20100118-1903.jpg
    IMG00109-20100118-1903.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 102
on day 3 of applying essential oils i purchased. I will love to see how this stuff works since there was a study on applying such oils for growth. I keep my cornrows in for at least amonth I am pushing for 6 weeks. i am so thirsty i take braids out and rebraid since I want to touch my hair so bad :( LOL trying to retain!!

What oils are you using?

I'm experimenting with coconut oil/wheat germ oils only with no other outside moisturizers. My hair feels really soft and healthy! I'm liking it already!

I made a mixture using grapeseed, jojoba, thyme, cedarwood, rosemary & lavendar. I use a moisturizer that has wheat germ in it i will also be adding it to my protein shakes.

What oils are you using?

I'm experimenting with coconut oil/wheat germ oils only with no other outside moisturizers. My hair feels really soft and healthy! I'm liking it already!

I noticed from my last two wash I had more hair on my comb not a lot, but more than usual.

So I was thinking maybe to wash every 2 weeks to reduce the amount of hair being lost from washing less manipulation.

I will change my washing periods as follows - Wash weekly up to 6 weeks after a fresh relaxer, then to start washing every two weeks until I relax again.
I know I will miss my weekly wash.

Been sticking to my braid outs and doing buns when I'm tired of that.

Surprisingly, I'm still able to do co-washes 2-3x week. As long as I wash at night, then pat my hair semi dry - my braids are usually okay to be undone in the morning.

If not, I wear one of my Urban Outfitters slouchy hats to let them finish drying - they've saved me a few times this fall/winter lol

Trying to commit to taking vitamins all this year. Right now I'm taking some GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair and back home I still have some One A Day Women's multivitamins left and a darn near full bottle of Balanced B-Complex vitamins lol. There aren't that many multis left in that bottle so when I get back I'm going to take one of those with my GNC everyday until they are gone and then take one B-Complex with the GNC daily for my vitamin regi....maybe, it's not set in stone, i'm just brainstorming lol. Oh crap, I have a friggin whole bottle of omega 3-6-9's to get rid of too! *sigh*

I'm wearing a half wig this week, I have my hair in about 8 chunky 2 strand twists underneath with the ends tucked in.

I need about 6 inches for my bottom layer to reach APL, so I'm thinking I can make it if I keep trimming to a minimum.

I met a girl at a wine event and she gave me a coupon for a free haircut at Paul Mitchell... I hate to give it away, but I've got to get to APL.

Today I'm wearing a twist out which I have been wearing since Saturday. I probably have another day or two left with it and I will wash and retwist on Thursday or Friday to wear for the next week.

checking in for the last few weeks and still hoping and praying I get there by Dec 2010.....

It may be a long shot but I am determined to try. Was reading something in a thread the other day about S.M.A.R.T goals. I guess you could say APL just falls on the boundary lines of smart goals so I will give it my bestest shot. I need to find a way of retaining 6 inches this year to have a shot. Wish me luck ladies.

I am taking my weave down in a week or two so can do another length check then....

Back