APL by Dec 2010!!!

I have DC'ed over the weekend and made sure my scalp is clean ---looking to change my protective style to crochet braids. :)

checking in for the last few weeks and still hoping and praying I get there by Dec 2010.....

It may be a long shot but I am determined to try. Was reading something in a thread the other day about S.M.A.R.T goals. I guess you could say APL just falls on the boundary lines of smart goals so I will give it my bestest shot. I need to find a way of retaining 6 inches this year to have a shot. Wish me luck ladies.

I am taking my weave down in a week or two so can do another length check then....

6" is doable! :yep: Isn't that the average growth in a year? Plus even if you don't get to APL, you'll probably be pretty darn close!

Good luck!

Just checking in. I'm bunnng every week Monday through Thursdays. I'm convinced that I need to keep my SL ends off my clothing and on my head. I'm about 3 inches away from APL now.

I used avocados in my hair for the first time and I gotta say I loooooooooved it!!!!:drunk::love2: I'm very much looking foward to the next time!!:yep:

For others who use avocados How often do you use them???

Just checking in. I'm about to co wash and bun until I shampoo this weekend. I have about 3 inches to APL. Consistently taking my multi vitamin and my ultra nourish hair supplement.

Ok at the moment I am doing a dry DC using coconut oil, honey, CON purple, and 2 min ApHogee.
I guess I will wash it with ApHogee poo, do my tea rinse, and soften it up again with my Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner, oh yea and my FSP for the final rinse.

Hey All.

Just checkin in. Actually, I'm also loading my starting picture which was taken about 3 to 4 weeks ago. I washed today and I think I am really close to my goal. Unfort. (as you can see with this wack picture) I don't have a great camera. I'm hoping that by the next time that I blow out my hair (within the next two months) I'll have a better camera.

By the way, I just used the Joico KPAK Line for the first tiime. I soooo love it :drunk:. My hair feels SOOO strong. Actaully it's been feeling stronger since I introduced protein treatments to every wash (either aphoghee 2 min or egg) and my other new love Roux Porosity. These additions made HUGE improvements in my hair. I'm looking for continued results with the introduction of Joico. I plan to use the line exclusively.

HHG!

Attachments

• S4020981.jpg
    S4020981.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 34
In the morning before work I use cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream,olive creme, carrot creme, sometimes a leave in conditioner i love fructis, and proclaim crystal ice smooth styling pomade and castor oil on the ends of my hair my black scrunchie then my curly scrunchie. At night I use some more shea butter, elasta qp mango butter moisturizer, and luster's renutrient replenishing creme that contains( avocado, olive oil, coconut oil and vitamin). top off again with castro oil on my ends rebun scrunchie is lose and tie my hair with my satin scraf. and start all over again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-sorry posted twice.

Last edited:
Hey All.

Just checkin in. Actually, I'm also loading my starting picture which was taken about 3 to 4 weeks ago. I washed today and I think I am really close to my goal. Unfort. (as you can see with this wack picture) I don't have a great camera. I'm hoping that by the next time that I blow out my hair (within the next two months) I'll have a better camera.

By the way, I just used the Joico KPAK Line for the first tiime. I soooo love it :drunk:. My hair feels SOOO strong. Actaully it's been feeling stronger since I introduced protein treatments to every wash (either aphoghee 2 min or egg) and my other new love Roux Porosity. These additions made HUGE improvements in my hair. I'm looking for continued results with the introduction of Joico. I plan to use the line exclusively. HHG!

I think you will make APL by June and probably BSL by the end of the year......

I've decided to switch up my protective styling with twistouts for the next few weeks. I was getting bored with just twists and since my hair has been really soft and moisturized I think it can stand to be worn out. I'm going to need a trim soon I've been finding some splits and a few more SSK. I'll be able to do a length check then. I'll probably do this next month sometime. I'm going to henna again this weekend.

Today I took my braids out that were air dried from my wash day on Saturday. I oil moisterized, sealed, and bunned hair up. I will keep it like this till Saturday at least.

i'm a little below shoulder now, but hoping to get to apl soon!

have stopped using heat.

will try this co-washing technique.

doing daily scalp massages while watching tv. (lol)

re-evaluating a healthy regimine of good products.

juicing fresh veggetables and/or fruits daily (drinking about 3-4 glasses).

taking vitamin supplements.

applying castor oil&amla oil on the damaged areas.

mixing essential oils in my oils for scalp massages.

stretching perms as long as possible.

wrapping at night then putting plastic sap over satin scarf.

using tea rinses (also acv) as final rinses.

using protein (aphogee keratin&tea), moisturizing regularly.

using amla, brahmi, neem&shikikai powders (not so much lately, but more in the future!)

yep, i'm trying to totally revamp my program of action, alright!

Last edited:
I used avocados in my hair for the first time and I gotta say I loooooooooved it!!!!:drunk::love2: I'm very much looking foward to the next time!!:yep:

For others who use avocados How often do you use them???

:grin::yep: IA avocados are nice and moisturizing (and delicious too:lick:). I usually do it twice a month. I add mayo too mine. Yep, I am planning to do a treatment Sat. ( I leave it on overnight) and I cant wait....:rolleyes:

I'm still in my Senegalese Twists because I'm still on the road. Cowashing and DC'ing almost everyday. I'm baggying every night with Sta Sof Fro and Surge 14. I really hope I can make APL this year.:look:

Just checkng in. I wore a bun all week...keepng my hair off my clothes. I D/Ced with UBH conditioner with heat for 30 minutes and roller set my hair. I'm about to take the rollers out and wrap my hair up for the night. I'm wearing my hair out until Sunday. Plan to co wash and bun up again Sunday through Thursday!

I'm about 5 weeks post and the new growth is breaking out. 11 more weeks to my next touch up. Happy growing ladies!

just checking in.....

i relaxed my hair last thursday and did my first wash yesterday.
it was a co-wash.
but i felt a bit of kinky at my roots.....
could my hair already be growing out?
yikes!
i mean, i gotta be happy if it's growing but i'm thinking....how on earth will i do my first 3 month relaxer stretch if it starts growing already?
how to get to apl with perm stretches and WITHOUT breakage.....hmmmmm
any ideas ladies?
thanks!!!

I;m wearing a half wig till July, my next length check, and deep conditioning 1-2 times a week.

I tried out Shescenit coco cream leave-in and I love it, its a keeper

are any of you taking vitamins specifically for hair health/growth? i've been taking GNC ultra nourish-hair since Jan. 12th but when i get back to my home base i wanna start taking my balanced b-complex as well but i refuse to take any more than 3 tablets a day, hair care should not be that complicated. basically what i'm asking is what are your tried and true vits for hair and how many are you poping a day?

^^^I take Nature's Bounty HSN vitamins everyday... I take 1/3 of the recommended dosage (I couldn't take the break-outs from the biotin!) So... one pill a day for the past month and a half.

^^^I suppose to be taking some, I promise I am going to get rid of them things soon.

I am bunning for a few days, will update yall later.

are any of you taking vitamins specifically for hair health/growth? i've been taking GNC ultra nourish-hair since Jan. 12th but when i get back to my home base i wanna start taking my balanced b-complex as well but i refuse to take any more than 3 tablets a day, hair care should not be that complicated. basically what i'm asking is what are your tried and true vits for hair and how many are you poping a day?

I just take my one a day multivitiamin from Whole Foods. It contains biotin. I can be a little sensitive to too many different things so thats enough for me.
I broke down today and applied direct heat to my hair even though I said I wouldn't. I blow dried lightly on warm and flat ironed my roots so that I can bun for the rest of the week. My hair is natural and air drying all the time has been giving me lots of tangles and knots. I still feel a little guilty about it though.

Back