APL by Dec 2010!!!

Be sure to post pics of your twists.

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

Okay, so thanks to the support of the ladies in this thread, I did the Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor. And boy, I'm glad I didn't do the major treatment since my hair responded so well to the lighter protein. My hair feels much stronger. It will probably be right where I want it when I do the 2 min again next week. I left it on for 15-20 min. I decided to use Queen Helene's after rinsing because I had some tangles (not from the treatment). The next time I do the 2 min, I'll leave on for about 5 min maybe, rinse, and get straight into styling. Thanks again ladies!

Okay, so thanks to the support of the ladies in this thread, I did the Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor. And boy, I'm glad I didn't do the major treatment since my hair responded so well to the lighter protein. My hair feels much stronger. It will probably be right where I want it when I do the 2 min again next week. I left it on for 15-20 min. I decided to use Queen Helene's after rinsing because I had some tangles (not from the treatment). The next time I do the 2 min, I'll leave on for about 5 min maybe, rinse, and get straight into styling. Thanks again ladies!

I used this 2 days ago and really liked it too. I'm still not sure about if my hair likes or hates protein though :rolleyes:

Hi Ladies,
I'd like to join in. I would have been at least grazing APL, if I didn't have a major major set back. The tree braids I had in destroyed my ends. Right now, it looks like I am right above shoulder.

MINI ASSESSMENT:

What are you doing for growth :
I am using Mega-Tek/Boundless Tresses and JBCO w/coconut oil
Washing twice a week
Henna once every two weeks
DC at least once a week
Protective Styles all year

What are you not going to do:
I think I am done with braids for a while. I haven't have great success with them in 09
Bunning was good, but the bands were still chopping up my ends

What length are you now?

Right above Shoulder length
I am currently wearing Ebony...LOL she is going to take me to the next level.

Attachments

• DSCF1759.jpg
    DSCF1759.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 22
My hair is back to it's usual finicky self. I have been dc'ing, pc'ing, and keeping my hair moisturized and sealing daily. My hair still feels very dry, and the Afroveda isn't working right now. I bought a jar of ORS Carrot Oil. It's very expensive for a BSS moisturizer, but the ingredients are actually impressive.

I used up 2 sample packs before I bought it, and my hair felt very soft. I hope this works. I'm tired of "product floating," and I'm tired of online ordering. I think I will follow my sister's advice and just stick with the BSS. It's hard to keep a reggie down packed when I can't find products to fit the mold.

I also need to buy some shears and get rid of these SSKs I see. I saw a few that turned into split ends.

Two days with LOTS of breaks. Its the first time I ever did extensions so there was A LOT of trial and error in the beginning :lachen:. Now that I've done it, I think I could get it down to one day.

Kudos, girl! If it was me, it would take me two WEEKS... maybe more! :lachen:

Okay, so on Jan 3. I got a trim. I am going to do a protein treatment this week. Deep condition and probably wear a half wig.

If I don't make APL this year, I'm going to relax at the end of the year.

These are my starting pics (Jan 3. 2010)

Attachments

• DSC02135.JPG
    DSC02135.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC02136.JPG
    DSC02136.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm into a week and a half with my micros and everything except my nape is going well. Still trying to find the secret to solving that problem. :perplexed

Just took down sew-in (in for 3 wks)/ Detangled-Pre-Shampoo oil (Amla/EVCO)- Sit under dryer with Henna treatment (30 min)--rinse out and sew hair back in tomm. :) Whew! that was a mouthfull.

I had to make a new batch of diluted lottabody this week for a bantu knot out set and apparently I didn't dilute the solution as well as I have before and my hair came out not so satisfactory. I mean, the hair style itself is decent, but I know my hair's potential, I've seen better, I've done better and I'm not feelin' it. So the hair is going up and I'm baggying towards the end of the week. I'm washing and considering flat ironing on Saturday for my birthday on Sunday. I am considering a braid out too. Probably going with the braid out....

After fighting it for two months, I finally decided to protective style. I am going to change my weekly wash night to Thursdays. On Thursdays, I will wash, DC, and rollerset. I will wear my hair out until Sunday. Monday through Thursday my hair will be in a bun until I learn more protective styles. I'm thinking of trying flexi rod sets?

Last night I swapped from my 2% Mn mix with sulfur to using 4% straight. We'll see how that works. I think it might be better for me to use without all the extras since I am doing it for the anti-fungal benefits.

I have been rollersetting and wearing my half wigs consistently for the past few weeks. I plan to make a salon visit this weekend for a light dusting. I will not be doing any trims untils I past APL by half inch

Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie and would like to join in if I still can.
What are you doing for growth?

- Protective styles (mostly buns and twists)
- Diet and Exercise
- Multivitamin
- DC one time per week
-Protein treatments as needed

What are you not going to do?

- Direct heat
- Neglect my ends
- Straighten more than four times this year (my hair is natural)

What length are you in?

- Layered SL, shortest layer is about CL

I wore my hair flat ironed for the first time in a loooong time. I won't be flat ironing or using heat in my hair until my birthday in April. I will either poo/dc today or tomorrow.

I didn't take a starting picture of my hair(SL) but I did make a video...so I will just do a comparison video for this challenge

just checking in.
i decided to pamper my hair this weekend with an overnight prepoo, cowash, and moisturizing DC.
its now back in my usual bun for the rest of the week. boring i know...

i did purchase a length check shirt that should be in sometime this week. i will post pics when i get it.
HHG

Haven't checked in here in a while. Got a relaxer this weekend, so I have a starting pic, that I will post today or tomorrow. Based on my calculations, I expect to make APL by June.

Since I got the relaxer, I'll be wearing my hair down for a week or two, then it will be back to bunning.

********ROLL CALL UPDATE**********
ROLL CALL CLOSED​

Please feel free to join the challenge even though you are not on the rollcall. I am not able to keep up with all the requests which is why I stopped taking new ones last week. If I have already gotten a request from you, you will be added shortly and you do not need to send me further reminders :)

Regarding my own hair: I went and got a DC blowout this weekend. I may decide to take a break from relaxers during the pregnancy, so if so, I will need to maintain bimonthly flatironed hair instead of daily washing. And I didn't sleep in rollers this weekend which I think gives my hairline a great break. I'm gonna try it out for a few and see how it goes :up:

ETA: Looks like I'll need to sleep in some rollers tonight; hair not tight :ohwell:

Last edited:
I'm still twisting out daily. The oil is solidifying on my hair when I go outside but it's cool because as soon as I step indoors, it's like butter!!!

I think I'm going to keep rocking these twist-outs for two months then do a length check to see if I'm causing any damage by wearing it out so frequently. I'm thinking if I keep it moisturized like I need to it should be fine.

I wore buns almost the entire first year of my journey and I miss my hair.

Back