APL by Dec 2010!!!

I visited my boyfriend for a week and now that I'm back I'm taking the whole day to pamper my hair. It was definitely neglected. However, he was running around the whole week talking about "APL"...he got a glimpse of the site.

As soon as I got back in town I ran to Sally's and a BSS and picked up a Denman, shears, and the Aphogee 2-step, but I think I'm gonna hold off on the 2-step and just throw some coconut oil into my conditioner to see what I get.

haha, love it. :grin:

After my cowash yesterday I put my hair in 4 braids to dry and today I wore a braidout messy bun, it cute! This will be the style until Tuesday.

Super excited about this challenge!!!...

What are you doing for growth

Wash 1x/week w/ Giovani or AO
Cowash 2x/week w/ conditioner (EVOO from time to time)
Megatek 2-3x/week
Direct heat 2x/month
Scalp massages weekly
Moisture and Seal daily
Protein treatments 2x/ month
Oil Scalp w/ castor oil and/or sweet almond oil
Relax every 8-10 weeks w/ Phytorelaxer (@ the salon)
Leave in conditioner daily
Roller Sets/Air drying
Wigs (as necessary to protect)
Bunning and protective styles

What are you not going to do

No flat irons or excessive heat
No trims/cuts (dusting every few months)
NOT GIVING UP!!!

What length are you now?

Collarbone

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
What are you doing for growth?
Transitioning Challenge
DC more often
Protective styling

What are you not going to do?
sleep without my satin bonnet
direct heat more than once a month

What length are you now?
SL

Newbie here wanting to join the APL Challenge!! :grin:

Shampoo once a week. Cowash every 3-4 days. Deep condition once a week. Reconstructor once a month. Moisturize daily. No more than 3 trims a year. Air dry and wear protective styles.

No direct heat unless for length checks and special occasions. No more Dominican hair salons!!

What length are you now?
Shoulder length

Did my weekly wash - night before - applied peppermint oil to my scalp, today cowash, dc, pc, acv, moisturize/sealed and air dried.

MINI ASSESSMENT:
Weave Challenge
- Having a full head sew-in weave 4 months at a time
- Moisturizing and DCing every month
Don't focus so much on my growth :grin:

Manipulate my hair

What length are you now?
SL

Starting picture
111920093.jpg

so...I was thinking about not relaxing at all this year...I dont know yet. right now its just a thought...

I'm going to be doing my hair in kinky twist. I Will be starting on them tonight maybe..

MINI ASSESSMENT:
Weave Challenge
- Having a full head sew-in weave 4 months at a time
- Moisturizing and DCing every month
Don't focus so much on my growth :grin:

Manipulate my hair

What length are you now?
SL

Starting picture
111920093.jpg

Wow! was just looking at your pics in your fokti from 08.. you made wonderful progress since then!

I gave myself a much needed trim the other day. I had a ton of single strand knots and splits. I tried to do a rollerset tonight, Big Fail! But I had my so taken a length shot in my t-shirt. I didnt trim as much as I thought I did.

ec3bb44c1512.jpg

I just received a new silk scarf in the mail the other day. My temples were suffering a little and I think that was due to the satin cap I wear at night and the non-satin rim rubbing against my temples. So I will start wearing the silk scarf around the edges underneath my satin bonnet. And I was thinking that I'll use the scarf to hide my hair and baggy in a bun most of the time, if not all of the time, until March or June depending on how it works out for me. I want very low manipulation and a simpler routine this year.

I haven't decided yet if I am decreasing the time in between relaxers or sticking with the 6 month stretch regimen after my touch up later this week or the next. We'll see.

MINI ASSESSMENT:
* What are you doing for growth:
I am going to deep condition weekly. Also, keep my ends moisturized and sealed to keep them from knotting into each other which has hindered quite a bit of my lenght.

* What are you not going to do:
Not going to wear my hair in puffs during the winter. It dried my hair out most of the fall.

* What length are you now? My hair is between 6-7 inches.

Hello Ladies! I just joined LHCF and I am excited because this is my first challenge. I have been growing out my relaxer since May '08 and I am now all natural.

Mini Assessment:

I will protective style my hair through full sew-ins. I am doing weekly DC, co-washing, moisturizing and sealing using hair cream and natural oils. I am in the process of picking my staple products and I will stick with them throughout 2010. I am taking my vitamins which are Source of Life Liquid and Nioxin daily. Also, I will work out 3-5 times a week.

I will not flat iron my hair except for on check in dates and I will not trim my ends more than twice this year. I will not sleep w/o a scarf or try too many new products.

What length are you now?
I'm in between SL and APL. I'm about 2 inches above APL.

Challenges: APL 2010, BSL 2010
Hair Type: 4B Natural
Join Date (12/31/09) - 2" above APL
Short Term Goal - APL by 4/31/10
Mid Term Goal - BSL by 12/31/10
Long Term Goal - MBL by 6/31/10

Last edited:
I cant remember if I joined this challenge. If not, is it too late?
December 2010 was my goal for APL anyway. I'm not too far from it, but I want to have full, healthy APL by then.

• What are you doing for growth? 8-10 week stretches, weekly dc, baby my ends and take care of my scalp
  • What are you not going to do? I will not flat iron my own hair.
  • What length are you now? About 2 1/2 inches from APL

I will be doing a dry DC today using Nexxus Humectress (its only a small amount left), CON purple, squirt of ApHogee 2 min, and coconut oil.

Then I will wash with Aphogee Damage Poo and then do a cowash with Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner to soften my hair up a little.

Every time I try to search for my last post, I can't find it to update.

This is my straight starting pic/comparison. Sept, Nov, and Dec, 2009. I actually grew an inch from Nov to December. Notice my chin line is now covered by my hair. Also...the curl in the back goes to where the straightened part did in November. I did measure fully straight but don't have a pic of that. You can see added fullness, though. Still excited! MT is a good product for me when I am using it...

cj

Comparison.jpg

Every time I try to search for my last post, I can't find it to update.

This is my straight starting pic/comparison. Sept, Nov, and Dec, 2009. I actually grew an inch from Nov to December. Notice my chin line is now covered by my hair. Also...the curl in the back goes to where the straightened part did in November. I did measure fully straight but don't have a pic of that. You can see added fullness, though. Still excited! MT is a good product for me when I am using it...

cj

Comparison.jpg

WOW! GREAT PROGRESS. Is this all from using MT?

WOW! GREAT PROGRESS. Is this all from using MT?

Thanks so much. I would not say this is ALL from MT, but MT is a serious contributor to any growth I had in the back and on the sides in 2009...mostly from November to December because I wanted to see if there was really anything to what I thought I saw back in 2008 when I first joined LHCF. It also helps that I stay in twists.

I am a VERY slow grower, if you look at where my "bang" has come from March to December. I haven't really used it in the front of my head at all....

Have you ever used MT?

cj

I hope its not too late for me to join...What are you doing for growth?I'm protective styling with bunning and deep conditioning every week or every other week.What I'm not going to do?Is use too much heat...What length are you now?Between SL & APL..

I'm joining!!!

I am SL.

I will be:
taking GNC Ultranourish hair
hiding my hair via braids or weaves 9 months of the year
DC with every wash
scalp massages
eating better and exercises
dust myself once this year

I will not be
relaxing
using excessive heat
neglecting my hair
going to stylists for trims
cutting

Thanks so much. I would not say this is ALL from MT, but MT is a serious contributor to any growth I had in the back and on the sides in 2009...mostly from November to December because I wanted to see if there was really anything to what I thought I saw back in 2008 when I first joined LHCF. It also helps that I stay in twists.

I am a VERY slow grower, if you look at where my "bang" has come from March to December. I haven't really used it in the front of my head at all....

Have you ever used MT?

cj

no i havent used it.. I've heard a bit about it on here. Thats Mega Tek right? Where do you buy it and is it pricey? doesit serve exactly for hair growth?

I use MN and I think it is awesome!!!

I would like to join if it is not too late....

What are you doing for growth -
Washing my hair 3-4 days a week alternating between a moisturizing dc and protein dc
Rollersetting
Taking vitamins
Stretching relaxer 10-12 weeks max (unless something is going on) - continue to self relax

What are you not going to do

Heavy oil treatments
Go the beauty shop for relaxers

What length are you now?

SL - (just cut hair in December)

Thinking I've overmoisturized. Some hair broke off while finger combing, and my hair kept stretching during a strand test...thinking it is time to do a protein treatment. Bout to do a search on best methods for doing the Aphogee 2-step (which I'm planning on doing tomorrow). Nothing major, but glad I figured out what's going on quick.

Thinking I've overmoisturized. Some hair broke off while finger combing, and my hair kept stretching during a strand test...thinking it is time to do a protein treatment. Bout to do a search on best methods for doing the Aphogee 2-step (which I'm planning on doing tomorrow). Nothing major, but glad I figured out what's going on quick.

Are you sure the 2 step isnt TOO STRONG for whats going? I would suggest doing a mild protein (aphogee 2min) before... maybe a little bit is all you need.

but thats only my opinion.. I would be scared to go in protein overload! :blush:

Back