Votes: 7 6.5%
  • CELIBATE & SINGLE 5-6 YEARS?

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • CELIBATE & SINGLE MORE THAN 6 YEARS?

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

HI LADIES? HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN SINGLE FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS? WHAT DO YOU ATTRIBUTE TO THIS ROMANTIC PAUSE?:blush::blush::blush:

ARE YOU HAPPILY SINGLE?:bouncegre:bouncegre
OR READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP?:kisses::dinner:

HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING BACK OUT THERE?:driver:
OR JUST A HARD TIME FINDING "THE RIGHT MAN"???:alcoholic

ANYBODY AGING AND WORRIED ABOUT STARTING A FAMILY ..... ?:babyg:

Last edited:
I have been single for 20+ years, and am pass the worry of starting a family and aging lol, I am happy single but would love to be married. Hard to find someone to share their life who is not stuck on themselves.

I have been single for 20+ years, and am pass the worry of starting a family and aging lol, I am happy single but would love to be married. Hard to find someone to share their life who is not stuck on themselves.

I GUESS YOU HAVE A STORY TO TELL! You certainly weren't single 20yrs by default..... are you looking??? or just passionately waiting?

October 30th, 2010 will make it 4 years that I've been single... Yes ladies, my last relationship was that bad....

I wanted to take as much time as needed to focus on ME and not WE. Yeah, it was lonely at times, but I wouldn't trade any of it in for the intimacy I have with myself now.

Happily single for about 4 years. There are 2 reasons why: I am not the type of person that people are attracted to, and I am not willing to change. I like myself and the solitude.

I was single (and celibate) for 7 years before I met my SO. My bf at the time, passed away abruptly and for a while it was sadness and depression and then later on (maybe after 4-5 yrs) not finding the right person, not really dating

I was single (and celibate) for 7 years before I met my SO. My bf at the time, passed away abruptly and for a while it was sadness and depression and then later on (maybe after 4-5 yrs) not finding the right person, not really dating

i definitely understand that..... you sound as though you've find the one

Happily single for about 4 years. There are 2 reasons why: I am not the type of person that people are attracted to, and I am not willing to change. I like myself and the solitude.

why would you not be the type of person people are attracted to? are you in high school sis? b/c i see beautiful hair & a booty men die for!:blush: so come again. I've you are definitely a cutey pie.... so what kind of guys do you like???? it's not all about them:nono:

October 30th, 2010 will make it 4 years that I've been single... Yes ladies, my last relationship was that bad....

I wanted to take as much time as needed to focus on ME and not WE. Yeah, it was lonely at times, but I wouldn't trade any of it in for the intimacy I have with myself now.

girl....you ain't said nothing but a word!

Now most recently about a year. Before that single and celibate for 6 years. I wouldn't change it for anything. I grew so much and I KNOW what I want now. I'm thankful that God kept some things from me because I surely wasn't ready! I thought I was, but I wasn't.

i was single for 4 years before my current SO... and it was definitely because i wasn't meeting the right people for me... i dated during that time and some i dated for months, but those never developed into what i would call an exclusive relationship... i knew what kind of man i wanted and something in the people that i ran across during those 4 years told me that those men weren't it....

I've been single for 2 years... BUT I've been dating. Just not in a committed relationship... I've met nice guys who wanted to see other people, or treated me like a piece of meet, OR just wanted me to be someone I'm not... and did not respect my goals and wht I am passionate about. The last six months of my senior year in college, I was so frustrated with college men I just stopped looking and focused on myself... and my goals. After I did that I found someone who is very fitting of my personality/passions and complements who I am as an individual. We aren't officially a couple yet but I have a strong sense that it will eventually happen. I'm in no hurry though. I learned A LOT about myself during those 2 years. I am not the person my previous boyfriend wanted me to be. Now that I have a sense of who I truly am, I've been a lot happier. I'm glad I took that time to reevaluate everything. I think that's what a lot of people my age need to do. Especially those who've been in and out of relationships since highschool.

Last edited:
I've only been single 6 months but am planning a 2 year "me time" stretch after just coming out of a 5 year relationship. to me its simply a choice. there are always good men and will always be good men waiting around. i deserve my full complete attention at the moment. trying to focus on some things and i want my house, car, career and finances completely stable before i start another relationship.

why would you not be the type of person people are attracted to? are you in high school sis? b/c i see beautiful hair & a booty men die for!:blush: so come again. I've you are definitely a cutey pie.... so what kind of guys do you like???? it's not all about them:nono:

Oh, thanks for the compliments. I hope that did not come of as a poor me post, because I did not mean it that way. I am 25. When I say that I am not the type of person people are attracted to, I did not just mean looks. I am an oddball, and a lot of people think I am weird. Most people do not find me attractive enough for it to be called spunk, so there it is. But, I like myself, so that is all that matters. I do not have a def. type of guy I like, but I am drawn to the nice nerds, like myself.

Last edited:
HI LADIES? HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN SINGLE FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS? WHAT DO YOU ATTRIBUTE TO THIS ROMANTIC PAUSE?:blush::blush::blush:

ARE YOU HAPPILY SINGLE?:bouncegre:bouncegre
OR READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP?:kisses::dinner:

HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING BACK OUT THERE?:driver:
OR JUST A HARD TIME FINDING "THE RIGHT MAN"???:alcoholic

ANYBODY AGING AND WORRIED ABOUT STARTING A FAMILY ..... ?:babyg:

Honestly. Its a combination of the two. I'm half happily single and half ready to start a relationship. I'm working on myself. Ie Spiritually, financially,physically,emotionally,school/careerwise. I have things that will take a strong person to deal with through no fault of my own and I'm working on what I can. Not just for a man, but for me. But I do know when I meet the right person it will be comfortable and beautiful and amazing because we are both whole and not bringing unnecessary baggage to one another. :yep:

Oh, thanks for the compliments. I hope that did not come of as a poor me post, because I did not mean it that way. I am 25. When I say that I am not the type of person people are attracted to, I did not just mean looks. I am an oddball, and a lot of people think I am weird. Most people do not find me attractive enough for it to be called spunk, so there it is. But, I like myself, so that is all that matters. I do not have a def. type of guy I like, but I am drawn to the nice nerds, like myself.

gurl who wants to be common? i"m not looking to fit anybody's mold!

THere were many times I felt like giving up on men period and just serve God alone. GO grocery shopping alone, go on trips alone, and adopt a child alone. And I still am comfortable with myself. I love my alone time, and enjoy being by myself, shopping alone and eating out, being on my own scedule without having to be accountable to anyone else, yet marriage will be an adjustment. Yet life for me( being a basically social person) is more fun with two. I have been celibate all that time with God's help. I met so many men who were stuck on themselves and selfish. My pastor once quoted someone by saying, "If you're not happy as you are, you won't be happy as you hope to be." It took me a while to be TRUELY happy with myself. I feel like I can take single life or married life and still be happy. Im glad I learned to be happy and single. My advice would be to become the whole person you want to be. A confident beautiful Black woman!

Last edited:
Simple. I don't get approached, which means I don't get asked out, which means no dates, which means no relationship.

I chose the celibate (I'm actually abstinent) and single for 1-2 years option. I'll be single for 2 years exactly next month. That was my 2nd relationship and it only lasted 4 months. Before that, I was single for like 7 years.

I'm only 22, so I'm not worried about aging yet. I'm worried that this pattern will continue to my 30's and I'll be in the same position, not sure how to get men attracted to me.

For the most part, I'm okay with being single, just not okay with not having options.

But I try to let it get to me, and focus on enjoying my life whether I'm single or in a relationship.

Last edited:
you've never been in a relationship? It may be refreshing to have a clear focus on oneself & their goals

no interruption!

Too refreshing. :rolleyes:

Simple. I don't get approached, which means I don't get asked out, which means no dates, which means no relationship.

I chose the celibate (I'm actually abstinent) and single for 1-2 years option. I'll be single for 2 years exactly next month. That was my 2nd relationship and it only lasted 4 months. Before that, I was single for like 7 years.

I'm only 22, so I'm not worried about aging yet. I'm worried that this pattern will continue to my 30's and I'll be in the same position, not sure how to get men attracted to me.

For the most part, I'm okay with being single, just not okay with not having options.

But I try to let it get to me, and focus on enjoying my life whether I'm single or in a relationship.

That's me. I get a lot of guys looking at me from a far but they never say anything. I am working on my confidence most of all, which means growing my hair back to at least BSL and losing some more weight. I'm down 17 lbs and one dress size. I'd like to lose at least 20 more pounds and get down to a size 6.

Last edited:
About 5 years single and celibate. I'm doing really well and have no desire to have anyone complicate my life right now. As many of you already know, my bipolar has gotten worse in the last few years and it's been a struggle. I find romantic relationships tend to aggravate my condition, not help it. I also have started back to college to get the degree I had to put on hold. After I graduate, I hope to move abroad and don't want anyone in my life to try and hold me back.

Basically, I have no desire or need for someone in my life.

I was a while ago.

I never understood why some people would consider that a negative to be single for a couple of years.

When it starts getting into five or more (unless by choice), I can see the problem, but 2-3 without a boyfriend? What's the problem with that?

I've been single and celibate for about 4 years now. Prior to that, I was in a 10/11 year relationship and I needed time to find myself again, put things in perspective, live FREELY and a bunch of other stuff.

I haven't dated because I didn't want to be bothered with dealing with another person and everything it entails. I just needed to breathe. I didn't even want to get married or anything.

NOW, like the pass two months. I'm waiting and praying for a date. I go out (but is limited due to monetary problems, as of today). But I want to go out and be around people and men and date and just really enjoy myself.

I'm also ready to get married, so I'm picky about the type of men I want to be bothered with.

I was a while ago.

I never understood why some people would consider that a negative to be single for a couple of years.

When it starts getting into five or more (unless by choice), I can see the problem, but 2-3 without a boyfriend? What's the problem with that?

But if it's 2 years by force, I find it to be a problem. That's the beginning of being single by force for 5+ years.

About 5 years single and celibate. I'm doing really well and have no desire to have anyone complicate my life right now. As many of you already know, my bipolar has gotten worse in the last few years and it's been a struggle. I find romantic relationships tend to aggravate my condition, not help it. I also have started back to college to get the degree I had to put on hold. After I graduate, I hope to move abroad and don't want anyone in my life to try and hold me back.

Basically, I have no desire or need for someone in my life.

you sound very driven, god bless sis! taking stock of your life is a big BIG part of success! many blessings!!

Back