Am I Doing Too Much Or No? Update- I Ran Into Interview Bae At An Event Today

So there is this man I've had my eye one for about a year now, he is a very successful business man and really making moves in my city and I've been trying to figure out a way to approach him other than just popping into his place of business or hoping I'll randomly see him out.

I'm working on my MBA and one of our upcoming projects includes interviewing an entrepreneur , and my first thought was him, in my mind it's a legit "IN" and I can have a real conversation and pick his brain for a prolonged period of time versus if I just go into his shop and try to finesse him with a pretty face and big booty.

I mentioned this idea to a friend of mine and she said "you're doing too much, you shouldn't be chasing him because it's a man's job to pursue us and God will open that door if it's meant to be and you could potentially be "awakening love before it's time" and women have been conditioned to chase when it's a man's job to find us....etc etc etc.

I guess I can see how it's a little over the top but I figure if nothing else I will get some good info for my project and from here on out I can create a rapport with him instead of just being a random girl in the crowd vying for his attention.

What do y'all think?

Perhaps God opened the door by giving you the assignment to be able to interview him *shrugs* just my two cents, and how I viewed it after reading your post.

You know what? This wasn't even about him. It was about you having fun and putting yourself out there, in the incredible and fun flow of life. You have added a new strategy to your life. Whatever happens with him, you learned a lot and will continue to implement this new strategy whenever you feel like it. Keep moving forward and keeping your eyes open for potential baes.

You know what? This wasn't even about him. It was about you having fun and putting yourself out there, in the incredible and fun flow of life. You have added a new strategy to your life. Whatever happens with him, you learned a lot and will continue to implement this new strategy whenever you feel like it. Keep moving forward and keeping your eyes open for potential baes.

You're so right! He is not the only man in the world and despite my "crush" on him I had to remind myself of that yesterday. I pulled a power move on him and it felt good to overcome my shyness and be bold and wield my feminine wiles the way that I did. I can definitely say that was a first for me because I'm usually the wait around and hope they notice me type, I definitely stepped my game up for the future.

Um, who are you? I am in charge of the Bridesmaid Division of Operation First Date, to Bae to DH and I do not have you on the list. *searches but cannot find your name* I am puzzled! Anyhoo....

We may be able to squeeze you in if the bride allows but we (the bridesmaids) will have to vote with OP rendering the final verdict. Also, the eighth possible bridesmaid will have to wear a pink potato sack. You still down? :oops: :p

C1F510B0-DD69-4929-96FE-18180DAB1301-30247-00001923C797B017_tmp.gif

What a fun thread! Remember to stay patient and let him chase you to the very end (or at least think he is) no matter what happens. You are the prize to be won and even when he's burning with desire you should never reveal your true intentions. Doing so will break the spell and likely result in a major power shift.

Ask me how I know.

Oooh, can I do a reading?

I promise I'll come with something dope, not "love is patient, love is kind..." :lol:

Actually, I do like the Corinthians scripture on what love is but we have to see what OP prefers.

Sure, *sees an opening*. Please make sure to memorize the passage. I hate hemming and hawong and finger readers. Sorry to all offended finger readers. :oops::lachen:

Y'all got me for real hollerin at work :rofl: :rofl:

I could definitely see that. You have such a beautiful presence and lovely speaking voice.

@UniquelyDivine send me a picture of any "Cousin Faith" you may have. I will not allow anyone thottin' and boppin' on your mayne! Nope! I will have her watched! :look:

Ohhh luckily I don't have any fast tail cousins, but I might have a random hater that will try to pop up in the dancery.

What a fun thread! Remember to stay patient and let him chase you to the very end (or at least think he is) no matter what happens. You are the prize to be won and even when he's burning with desire you should never reveal your true intentions. Doing so will break the spell and likely result in a major power shift.

Ask me how I know.

This is what I'm struggling with, I'm ready for him to ask me out already :callme: so I can continue to seduce him with my charm.
giphy.gif

This is sage wisdom though! And how do you know? :sekret: :look:

@UniquelyDivine In college I had this foine kappa after me. I was the hottest incoming freshman on campus and everybody was checkin. Yeah I said it. He was a senior, greek, supa popular. We actually already knew each other prior to me getting down there. He was my BF's brother's BF. We hung out, he got me into all the parties and the in crowd. He played friendly but he was on it. One day we were alone, the time was right, and I just started spilling everything about how much I liked him blah blah. He reciprocated and a sexual relationship ensued. But it never turned into anything more than friends with benefits as the dynamic had changed. I offered. I had given up my power. This is because I didn't let him initiate. Not just initiate but pursue, and pursue relentlessly to the very end. It is critical for an alpha male to be challenged and win. Of course I ended up butt hurt with my goodies gone like all the rest. And it all goes back to that I was not PATIENT. I got hot in the moment and acted prematurely.

You have positioned yourself. And if that's you in your avatar--- he'll be around.

Last edited:
@ChanelNo5 Thank you for sharing your experience but I want to add that you were both young and in college. I realize I'm stating the obvious but something about your post reminds me of myself and how I used to lament the loss of my college sweetheart. I made some mistakes and blamed myself for it ending for a long time but ultimately I accepted that we either weren't right for each other or it wasn't our time. Forgiving myself for those mistakes was everything. Not sure if that's what you're experiencing but just thought I'd share.

@UniquelyDivine In college I had this foine kappa after me. I was the hottest incoming freshman on campus and everybody was checkin. Yeah I said it. He was a senior, greek, supa popular. We actually already knew each other prior to me getting down there. He was my BF's brother's BF. We hung out, he got me into all the parties and the in crowd. He played friendly but he was on it. One day we were alone, the time was right, and I just started spilling everything about how much I liked him blah blah. He reciprocated and a sexual relationship ensued. But it never turned into anything more than friends with benefits as the dynamic had changed. I offered. I had given up my power. This is because I didn't let him initiate. Not just initiate but pursue, and pursue relentlessly to the very end. It is critical for an alpha male to be challenged and win. Of course I ended up butt hurt with my goodies gone like all the rest. And it all goes back to that I was not PATIENT. I got hot in the moment and acted prematurely.

You have positioned yourself. And if that's you in your avatar--- he'll be around.

Thanks for this! You are right, I need to chill & be patient. I've done what I set out to do and the ball is in his court now.

Back