Advantages and Disadvantages of Dating MUCH Older Men

Yay! At least if nothing else you also have another friend at the gym :yep:.

The gym is such a magical place to meet menz

@Etherealsmile, @lala89

I did it! :look:

I had to sike myself out. OMG...I'm still laughing at myself. We had a nice little conversation. I told him I did it because of peer pressure. LOL! I felt like the little college student with a crush on the cute, sexy professor. We held a little convo about work and working out. Alot of smiles and stuff. I just wanted to run away. :spinning:

i think he could tell i wanted to just tell him and run. LOL...well if anything I made a 43 year old man feel like he still got it. LMAO

:lachen::lachen: too funny! I'm glad you went for it! How does it feel? Do you think there was any interest from his side? I want deets young lady, that little morsel you provided is not enough:look::grin:

Great thread. Think I'm going to go out with more older cats. My last boyfriend was younger than me (only like 2 years) but he was kinda immature, still trying to figure out what he wants and who he is and it would change like every few months. Just way too much. Even his friends seem like youngins to me. They are really into whats going on in hip hop and twitter and stuff, and thats not really my scene.

Its weird, I look younger than I am (28), but in my mind, I'm an old head! lol. I think its bc I'm the baby in my family and used to being around older people. I like me some old school music (i like to go see Frankie Beverly and Maze and get my two step on!), some jazz, and just chillin and a having a good time. Everyone my age is still concerned about what brand of shoes you are wearing, popping bottles, and if they look cool or not. When I'm out in the older crowds, its just more laid back, folks just trying to have a good time.

I don't know about the MUCH older tho. I think a good range for me would be maybe about 7-8 years.

When I was in grad school (about 23) I dated this guy that was about 37. I didn't like that he was pushy and kinda thirsty acting. Like at the end of our date he bear hugged me and acted like he didn't want to let me go; like he hadn't felt a woman's touch since1989 or something. It was just gross and creepy.

When I was in grad school (about 23) I dated this guy that was about 37. I didn't like that he was pushy and kinda thirsty acting. Like at the end of our date he bear hugged me and acted like he didn't want to let me go; like he hadn't felt a woman's touch since1989 or something. It was just gross and creepy.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen: too funny! I'm glad you went for it! How does it feel? Do you think there was any interest from his side? I want deets young lady, that little morsel you provided is not enough:look::grin:

Hehehehe:lol:

I feel relieved like I got something off my chest. Now, on to my next victim. :lachen:Interest, yes...serious interest, doubtful. He kept talking about college. He probably thinks I just graduated or something (I do have a baby face). It was so funny. My friend was like give my your gym and go back there and say something. The first I went someone was talking to him so I chickened out and turned around. :lol: Second time, I was like "F it". Then I introduced myself, asked his name, and told him I was the one that inquired about him being married *:rolleyes:as I rolled my eyes*. :lol: I was geeking. Then he was like "Ohhhh...it was you. Your friend wouldnt tell me who it was." :drunk: I was like "yeah...well, I just wanted to say HI! So Hi!" I was about to walk away and he was like "You know you couldve asked me yourself?" :look: I say "No". He says "Because you're shy?" I say "Because women aren't supposed to approach men like that and this isnt somethinig I do if I dont know someone." He say "Well, then how will you know?" I *kanye shrug*:lachen:

We chat for about 8 minutes about what we do...he wouldnt tell me what he does and I understand he can't talk about it. I talk about what I do and what I want to do next which I figured he'd kinda know about since it involves getting a very high clearance level. Chat, Chat, Chat. I mentioned I wanna gain another 10 lbs...He say, "Why? You have a nice body already.":look::blush::lick::yep::lol:

I think to myself let me leave before I fornicate and disgrace my Jesus.:look: No serious. :lol: Anyway, I left feeling...like a big girl. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
^^1989 though?! :lachen: :lol:

Girl yes, I thought he was bout to bust one in the pkg lot:blush::nono:

He was trying to plan an entire weekend together and I was like, dude I just met you:ohwell: and I'm in school, I got work to do.

He kept going on and on about how he was in great shape/takes care of his body and how he does copierera (sp), almost like he wanted me to ask him to lift his shirt to prove it or something. And that he liked younger women bc women his age don't keep their bodies up.

One thing I will say about older cats tho, its NEVER an issue on who's going to pay. Now unless you got an old head kang, but thats another thread:look:

Too funny!:lol::lol::lol::lol: well i'm glad you got that off your chest! So........ about this next victim:lol::look::look: who is he?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I am going to have a ball this summer. I am going to have fun, meet new people, and I wanna get used to telling men NO. :yep: I've been in mostly long term relationships so saying yes I did alot. Now, its time to embrace no.

Next victim...stay tuned...

Last edited:
aww shoot:grin: they ain't ready for you! Let us know how it turns out! I can't wait to get back on the dating scene, like you i've always been in long term relationships. Grad school starts in August so I fully intend to flirt up a darn storm:lol:. I'm currently working on my fitness and I can't wait to get back on the scene after a long haitus:yep:

BeautifulFlower - Either way, way to go girl! That takes guts. Now you can say hi to him and give flirty and witty one liners...

I usually turn into a nerd when men talk to me...they stare at me too hard and it makes me blush...it's almost like they are examining every inch of my face to try to determine what our children would look like...

Last edited:
@BeautifulFlower - Either way, way to go girl! That takes guts. Now you can say hi to him and give flirty and witty one liners...

I usually turn into a nerd when men talk to me...they stare at me too hard and it makes me blush...it's almost like they are examining every inch of my face to try to determine what our children would look like...

:lol::lol::lol:@ bolded. They do stare, I always look away. Eye contact is very intimate for me. :look:

I don't know whether its guts or shear need for entertainment. :lol: It was fun though...I'm still laughing at myself. I am sure it made him feel nice that a young thang was checkin him out.

I was about to type something similar to this. I don't like how older men look at me...like I'm a rack of ribs...it creeps me out.

^^^This is how I feel the sex would be for some reason and it creeps me out. Like I'll be laying there all young and tender and he'll be ready to pounce on me like I'm a T-bone steak...creepy :lol:

Not attracted to older men at all, I'm actually more of cougar. I'll go 2+ years and 2- years. I generally like someone the same age as me so that we can experience life together, not a man that's guiding me all the way thru.

^^^This is how I feel the sex would be for some reason and it creeps me out. Like I'll be laying there all young and tender and he'll be ready to pounce on me like I'm a T-bone steak...creepy :lol:

Not attracted to older men at all, I'm actually more of cougar. I'll go 2+ years and 2- years. I generally like someone the same age as me so that we can experience life together, not a man that's guiding me all the way thru.

I always think it would be similar to that sex scene in Waiting to Exhale with the chubby dude, unless he were super hot.

Update:
@Etherealsmile, @lala89 , @EllePixie

So he asked me for my number and we're going to lunch. :look:

That is all!!!:yep::drunk::grin:

Yay!! I've been quietly stalking this thread and I knew he was interested in you, he was just reluctant to approach a young tenderoni. I don't think there was anything wrong with your approach, all you did was spark up conversation and show a little interest it was up to him to take the bait and seek out a date and he did!!

** happy dance***

Go ahead then girl! :)

Yay!! I've been quietly stalking this thread and I knew he was interested in you, he was just reluctant to approach a young tenderoni. I don't think there was anything wrong with your approach, all you did was spark up conversation and show a little interest it was up to him to take the bait and seek out a date and he did!!

** happy dance***

Go ahead then girl! :)

Heheheehe:lol:. Thanks. I am a little nervous but excited. This will be an experience for sure.

LOL okay I didn't want you to think I'm a creepo! If he's a cool guy it will be fine...I know what you mean though. I have no idea what I would talk about with someone that much older than me...there must be an article online that will help. :lol:

OMG...I know...I better start researching. He did call me last Wednesday night :look:. Boy, does he have a deep voice. :lick:

But it didnt last long. I think he was a little nervous:rolleyes: and I had to pack for a trip I took last week. But it was cool.

OMG...I know...I better start researching. He did call me last Wednesday night :look:. Boy, does he have a deep voice. :lick:

But it didnt last long. I think he was a little nervous:rolleyes: and I had to pack for a trip I took last week. But it was cool.

Mmm...deep voices... :lick: The only thing about lunch dates is that it's not as acceptable to have wine during them. :look:

Wine + Fine Man + Me = :nono: & my big mouth

I may come out the face and say "You know, if I was a heaux, I'd let you....right here....right now. But you old so can you even...ya know" :look:

Its spirits in dem winez

Just kidding :lachen:

Wine + Fine Man + Me = :nono: & my big mouth

I may come out the face and say "You know, if I was a heaux, I'd let you....right here....right now. But you old so can you even...ya know" :look:

Its spirits in dem winez

Just kidding :lachen:
:lachen::lachen::lachen: Girl I meant a glass or two not the entire bottle!!

I always think it would be similar to that sex scene in Waiting to Exhale with the chubby dude, unless he were super hot.

Exactly! Even if he were super hot he couldn't have that kid in the candy store look in his eyes. Total mood kill if he's standing there all >:lick::lick::lick::lick:<

I find men over 40 whom have never been married with no children to be single for a reason. They seem to be the worst at stringing women along. :nono: I'm guessing they are eternal searchers or serial daters.

Makes me want to say single and just keep a few lovers. :look:

I find men over 40 whom have never been married with no children to be single for a reason. They seem to be the worst at stringing women along. :nono: I'm guessing they are eternal searchers or serial daters.

Makes me want to say single and just keep a few lovers. :look:

Or, they could be late bloomers. A very small segment but they do exist.

Back