Advantages and Disadvantages of Dating MUCH Older Men

@lala89 , @nichollecaren, @Etherealsmile

You'll really know how to put on the peer pressure...

I saw him yesterday. Yummy, he walked out the locker room with his huge tall frame and that sexy suit! Oh my Oh my I love a man in a suit! I punk'd out because I was in between a set.

Monday...ill get it done.

He really sounds delicious!:lick::lick::lol: I hope you bring it home on Monday...we're watching you:look::look:

Edit BTW whatever happened to the clark kent look alike you went on a date with? Nosy minds want to know:look:

This thread is motivating me to get my butt back to being a gym regular. There's this older guy who I stalk....................I mean admire :look: that I call "gym guy" :lick:

This thread is motivating me to get my butt back to being a gym regular. There's this older guy who I stalk....................I mean admire :look: that I call "gym guy" :lick:

same here:lol: except I have a few of them...yes a few here at work that are so damn fione they make me want to weep *fans self*:lol::lol:

The guy I'm talking about is an ADONIS but he has the name of a true kang :nono:. A soul burns whenever my mind thinks about his birth name, so much so that even after learning his name I still call him by his alias:ohwell:

He really sounds delicious!:lick::lick::lol: I hope you bring it home on Monday...we're watching you:look::look:

Edit BTW whatever happened to the clark kent look alike you went on a date with? Nosy minds want to know:look:

Ohhhh....Mr. Young Tom Welling...we had a blast but nothing special since. The distance is a bit much so we're just kissing co-workers.:lachen:

And I realize that I really prefer older man...the oldest I've gone is 8 years. They are more settled, more focused, more confident and sure. I need that. I can't hang with someone that is just as green as me. :look:

Yes, its summer time so the mens are in the gym....there is nothing sexier than an older man that takes care of his body. :yep:

:lol @ so fione wanna cry.

And you have the perfect nickname for him ADONIS....that's what I'll call him.

I agree about older men. My qualms just happen to be about my current particular old man. My mom and dad are 13 years apart and my aunt and uncle are 23 years apart..attraction to older men runs in the family! :yep:

I agree about older men. My qualms just happen to be about my current particular old man. My mom and dad are 13 years apart and my aunt and uncle are 23 years apart..attraction to older men runs in the family! :yep:

23 years :blush: thats alot...but I can dig it

yeah :poke: @mwedzi

...call him back. You can always have a young man on the side for your other... :Blush2: needs.

Haha. We still keep in touch. I just talked to him a couple days ago, by chance. We're still cool. But ultimately, he's just too old for me. And yeah, the needs bit :look: . Also, though he said he would want to marry me (I said I didn't want to), I somehow doubt that he would. Like he may have just been saying that because he knew he wouldn't have to because I didn't want to marry him. And I'm at the point in my life where that's what I'm looking towards. He may be a bachelor all his life, I think. I'm happy with who I'm currently dating. :yep: It was a tempting idea, though. I could have lived in comfort not having to work if I didn't want to, not struggling, either. Ah well . . .

my spouse is 8 yrs older than me. im 26 he's 34, we got married when i was 18. i didn't think it was an extreme difference for a while til he turned 30 and started moving at the pace of a slug:lol:. never wants to play any sports or bike or walk more than 10 minutes without resting. my sister is 18 now and i think omg i would never marry someone that young! still watchin cartoons all day, video games, and always tryin to be in "in-style" or different.:rolleyes:

i would say older guys are less fussy/argumentative, interested in family-life not game playing but more controlling.

ITA with this post. Dh is 10 years older and its the same thing.

For me personally I have always been attracted to older men 8-15 years older:look:. In the past, I never had an issue with them. Even men at 30 to me aren't really ready for marriage.

But I do agree with the sentiment that a man a 40+ is single for a reason.

:giggle: I know it can work. :giggle: I just wouldn't want to be in a marriage and have to have someone else. And we see you aren't with your older guy anymore, either, eh?

No, no longer with that guy, that was years ago. And definitely wasn't thinking about marriage with him. He was too old, 20+ year age difference. In fact, that was partly why he broke it off with me. Like you, I was having fun, enjoying being with someone who was so unlike anyone I'd ever been with before. He was starting to want more, knew the younger guy was in the picture, and didn't want to deal with that.

My DH is 13 years my senior. Sometimes, rarely, even that can present a minor clash between us, but overall, we are even. We view life with pretty much the same lenses. For marriage to work, that's important.

My grandparents are exactly 30 years apart.

I did a couple times. What I didn't like was that they tried to control me or treat me as a kid. You have to beware of that. Maybe when you're past your 3rd or 4th decade of life? When you're 20-something, they don't see you as mature enough in your own right and attempt to make you a trophy.

I was about to type something similar to this. I don't like how older men look at me...like I'm a rack of ribs...it creeps me out. Also, I don't have much in common with them, I still play video games. :look:

31 and prefer older men but it's getting to be too much. The last guy I dated was 42. Recently went on a date with a guy who was 49 but that's way to old for something serious

Disadvantages:
Possibly divorced
Possibly has children
Many black men suffer from high cholesterol and hypertension which means that they may be on medication.
Medication = increased chance of impotence.
Set in there ways
May not want to have children
Since I look so young the age gap is VERY noticeable which can be uncomfortable sometimes when in public.

Advantages:
The men I've dating have been very chivalrous
Established
Knows what they want out of life
More mature than younger men
Distinguished
Sexier (IMO)
Great in bed :blush: If not impotent :drunk:

I'll include more when they come to mind.

Reading your post is like reading the side effects of medication. :lachen:

:bricks:Ok...don't stone me :duck:
I punk out terribly...:wallbash:

I saw and I was like ok ok ok.... I give up:giveup:

I didn't know what to say....

I mean this guy is intimidating look. At least 6'3, maybe 240 of pure muscle (not bulky but he has a serious physique), brown, nice nice tight rounda$$ , look like he would murder me in the ya know....

As soon as he stepped on the weight floor, a bunch of guys surrounded him for conversation like he was the big man on campus. I felt like I was crushing on the star football player back in high school.

And me all 5'3, 110, petite self...like he might punch me in the face. :look::lachen:

But its ok:look: My friend (manager of the gym) is setting me up today to introduce us tomorrow.

I am sorry but I just can not do the cold approach on a guy. Its just not in me. Women are not cut out for that kind of assertiveness, are we? :look:

Last edited:
:bricks:Ok...don't stone me :duck:
I punk out terribly...:wallbash:

I saw and I was like ok ok ok.... I give up:giveup:

I didn't know what to say....

I mean this guy is intimidating look. At least 6'3, maybe 240 of pure muscle (not bulky but he has a serious physique), brown, nice nice tight a$$, look like he would murder me in the ya know....

And me all 5'3, 110, petite self...like he might punch me in the face. :look::lachen:

But its ok:look: My friend (manager of the gym) is setting me up today to introduce us tomorrow.

I am sorry but I just can not do the cold approach on a guy. Its just not in me. Women are not cut out for that kind of assertiveness, are we? :look:
No stones here. I disagree that you should make the first move. He is a grown man after all, and from most of the posts in this thread, men his age don't beat about the bush or mess with your mind when it comes to showing what they want. He's already talked to the manager, let him take it further by talking to you. If he's as old as you described him to be I doubt if the woman making the move on him is acceptable to that generation like it is to ours (20s to early 30s).

No stones here. I disagree that you should make the first move. He is a grown man after all, and from most of the posts in this thread, men his age don't beat about the bush or mess with your mind when it comes to showing what they want. He's already talked to the manager, let him take it further by talking to you. If he's as old as you described him to be I doubt if the woman making the move on him is acceptable to that generation like it is to ours (20s to early 30s).

Yeah I figured it would come off a little "hot" by approaching him. He doesn't know it's me yet but tomorrow he will. Lord, I gotta look extra cute.

Update: I just found out he's 43. That's 18 years. I don't think I can do anything more than 10 years. Sigh...oh well

@Etherealsmile, @lala89 , EllePixie

I did it! :look:

I had to sike myself out. OMG...I'm still laughing at myself. We had a nice little conversation. I told him I did it because of peer pressure. LOL! I felt like the little college student with a crush on the cute, sexy professor. We held a little convo about work and working out. Alot of smiles and stuff. I just wanted to run away. :spinning:

i think he could tell i wanted to just tell him and run. LOL...well if anything I made a 43 year old man feel like he still got it. LMAO

Last edited:
Back