Votes: 34 75.6%
  • I do and I really regret it...

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My experiences have been very positive.

The older men (40+) definitely do not fit the loser or lagging mold. They are all professionals, a couple high ranking military officers and established. Multiple properties, debt free, etc. They are either divorced with no children or never married with no children. The single never married ones are more or less guilty of thinking they had "time" and not heeding (sp?) the warnings in their previous relationships.

Then of course, once they got to a certain age their options did diminish a bit because they still want children. Women in their age group are either unwilling or incapable, so they naturally look for younger women.

Anways, I'm having a wonderful time and being treated very well. Including a lovely b-day trip to Vegas with a great suite at the venetian

I would consider if...he does not look like he is old enough to be my dad.:grin:

I am not being superficial or anything but one of my friends recently set me up with a guy who happened to have seen a photo of me at her house. When he saw my pic he was interested and wanted my number.

I said to her sure but can you send me a pic of him too so I at least know who I am talking to. Anyway she sent me the picture of him and the first thought that came into my head was my goodness he looks so old! So I told her that I was not interested in him as he looked way out of my age group (he looked about 50 or older to me) I am 33.

Anyway after having second thoughts I said to myself that it was silly to judge from a picture and so instead I called my friend back up and said to her that I wanted to meet him in person, after all she told me he was 35 so I thought that maybe it was just the photo that did not do him any justice.

So we met up last week and not only did he look even older than his picture, things about him did not add up. My friend told me he was 35 and when I asked him his age he said 40! I noticed that at no time at all on the date did he ask me my age and thirdly, he told me he had been working in security for 30 years which, if he is 40 would mean he started work at 10 years old (:drunk:) anyway so I questioned him on this the next day and he said 'oh I got that wrong I meant 20 years!'

Anyway when I was on the date with him I felt so embarassed, it was like sitting with my Grandad and I could not wait to leave. On top of that he lied about his age which just made it worse :nono:

I have been in a relationship with a man 10+ years older than me. He was not a loser and could have his pick of women. Our time together was great and I have no regrets whatsoever. Would I date an older man again? Probably...

My fiance is what you would call an older man...he's 8 years older than me, but he doesn't treat me like a kid. He's mature, hardworking and has all the experience you would expect an older man to have :look: However, I know men older than him who have no clue when it comes to maturity and dealing with women at all! :nono:

i messed around with a guy that is 15 yrs older than me. we are still good/ok friends, he does/did not treat me like a child and i understand that there is a LOT of things that I can learn from him.

My SO is six years older. Is that considered an "older" man?

He is good with the presents, most definitely! :D

I've dated a couple of older men, and the last one totally turned me off the idea, well for a while at least. He was 8 yrs older than I and he acted like my father sometimes. It was crazy because the overbearing attitude/general manliness that attracted me to him at first is what did us in. The last straw was when one day he wanted me to bring him something from his room. Football day, house full of people (mostly his friends), and I'm upstairs talking to his best friend (Who was dating my best friend and one of the best people I've ever met). Here's how it went down:

Ex: (yelling from downstairs) Meeeeks
Me: (in a playful laughing voice) whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Ex: Girl don't what me -- he was serious as a heart attack
his friends downstairs: (hysterical laughter) Well what she sposed to say
Ex: Yes, or huh or something
Me: (wtf look on my face)
Ex: Bring me my (whatever it was) off the dresser in my room

I was so embarrased, and being the type of person I am, I don't do confrontation. So I took it at the time, but later I told him never to do that to me again. I guess that was the straw that broke the camels back because it just slowly went downhill from there. I wasn't the same towards him after that.

So, will I do it again, not right now. I don't know about the future though. And older men appeal to me because of the fact that they normally don't want kids. I have one and don't want anymore.

Yeah, that whole exchange sounds like something that would've gone down between my dad and me . . .when I was about 9 years old :perplexed Glad you cut him loose.

My experiences have been very positive.

The older men (40+) definitely do not fit the loser or lagging mold. They are all professionals, a couple high ranking military officers and established. Multiple properties, debt free, etc. They are either divorced with no children or never married with no children. The single never married ones are more or less guilty of thinking they had "time" and not heeding (sp?) the warnings in their previous relationships.

Then of course, once they got to a certain age their options did diminish a bit because they still want children. Women in their age group are either unwilling or incapable, so they naturally look for younger women.

Anways, I'm having a wonderful time and being treated very well. Including a lovely b-day trip to Vegas with a great suite at the venetian

Me too. My life has turned around since I've started dating an older man. He's the same age as my older sister, so he's not that grown. This is the first time in all my dating and marriages, I did not have to pay for anything. Like you stated earlier, we stay in suites and move up to the front of the line and head table level.

India

My husband is 11 years older than I am. I'm 26.

Most of the guys I've dated in the past have been closer to my age, and there was definitely a difference in the maturity factor.

Back