2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be going with him to meet his dad, brother, and sister on Sunday. I'm kinda scared to meet them for the first time, especially since it would be over lunch.

Going to his work Christmas party tomorrow. I spent my evening trying on different outfits. I love love love how he looks at me when I get dressed up or switch up my look. He notices everything :-)

I'm so glad it's finally Friday. It's been a long and busy work week. I'm looking forward to spending some time with him and having a quiet and relaxing weekend.

We had a quiet weekend together. He's been here since Friday. He follows me every where and talks. A lot. I get no space.

Its Sunday morning. About to kick him out. :look:

Yes. I feel crowded and smothered.

It's finally Sunday!! He comes home tonight. I can't wait to see him. It's been such a busy weekend but it's felt like something was missing. I just want to hug him for an hour or two.

We had such a great weekend.
He finally met my ds properly. We spent Saturday at a pantomime then went for pizza then onto an arcade.
They get on really well and SO said he's a cool kid and looks excatly like his ds.
Today just SO and I went to a pub to watch the football.
Next week SO will meet my dd.
We also plan for me to meet his 2 kids.

We met over Thanksgiving break, so since that was family time and I wasn't expecting to meet a soul, we didn't go out on a date. I live in Atlanta and he lives in south GA. So, We've bonded and chatted each other up since that first week, from a distance. We met half way yesterday for our first date. He's smitten with me and adores me.

He came along when I wasn't looking. I was minding my own business. Well, actually, I never look. He just came along; out of nowhere. And I had JUST turned down like 3 guys the week before he approached me. I can't figure it out, but something wouldn't allow me to turn him down and I'm so glad I gave him a chance.

As much as I love him I am happy to have my own place. I still cherish my me time and make sure I still have it or I notice my mood changes.

I realize I live in this constant state of irritated.

Getting my car fixed. BF insists on picking me up from the dealer and taking me back when its done.

Why I find this annoying? Idk why....

He wants to help me with my broke Xmas tree (lol). Im irritated. My dishes. Irritated.

This ain't the first time. I get irritated with every bf like this. They trying to help and I be like wtf?

Dag. Where my therapist at? :look:

DarkJoy where is your therapist? :lol :

Let that man be a man. It is his job to solve things, create solutions.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

He helped me blow my hair out last night. LOL!

He insisted on helping me so my "arms wouldn't hurt". I thought it was so cute!

Yesterday was our 1yr anniversary!!! He surprised me with dinner at a very chic restaurant. We reflected on some of our highlights from the past year and what we desire for the future. Afterwards we took pictures and went back to my place for dessert. His anniversary gift to me was a cruise that we'll take during Valentine's Day weekend!

I love this man so much and I'm extremely excited about our future together.

Sent him an "I love you " message this morning. Mushy time is over....

*looks for something else to be irritated about* :rolleyes:

Yay he got an offer at a place he seems to really like and will most likely take. We can start looking for places soon. So exciting

SO will be leaving for two months for training in January so I am really trying to spend as much time with him as possible now. I am looking forward to spending the holidays together at my place with all the kids.

What did you all get your SO for Xmas?

So far I got him a NuWave...it's really for me since I hate using his slow oven at his house but it's food for his belly faster so it works out for the both of us :lol:

I think I've found a perfect idea for a gift for him. He used to ride horses as a kid (so posh) and says he misses it. He's suggested we go together because I've always wanted to learn, but we never made plans. I wonder if we could do this together? Get us a couple of lessons?

I feel like a bad planner when it comes to these things... this is where I feel that my thoughtfulness falls short. It's an area I'd really like to improve on. He's so good at organizing things for me... making the appropriate calls ahead of time, making sure my desires are met. I feel like I need to do more in return. It's almost like I'm afraid to act. Like I'm nervous the planning won't go well or he won't like what I've decided on.

I think I've found a perfect idea for a gift for him. He used to ride horses as a kid (so posh) and says he misses it. He's suggested we go together because I've always wanted to learn, but we never made plans. I wonder if we could do this together? Get us a couple of lessons? I feel like a bad planner when it comes to these things... this is where I feel that my thoughtfulness falls short. It's an area I'd really like to improve on. He's so good at organizing things for me... making the appropriate calls ahead of time, making sure my desires are met. I feel like I need to do more in return. It's almost like I'm afraid to act. Like I'm nervous the planning won't go well or he won't like what I've decided on.

That sounds like a really great gift idea.

He cooked dinner tonight. This is the second time he's cooked for me. He made a cauliflower and leek soup. It was pretty damn good. After dinner he watched most of today's episode of General Hospital with me on Hulu (with very little mocking at that). He fell asleep during the last 15 minutes.

As for Christmas I think the perfect gift for him would be an axe. He's always talking about chopping wood. However, I think that might be out of our inexpensive gift range. I'm still thinking about cologne, but I'd like to be a bit more personal in my gift giving.

SO is picking me up from Amtrak then we're going to a Christmas party. I want to dress alike so I told him what to wear and I plan to wear this red dress I got two years ago that I never wore. I hope it fits. I'm really excited about tonight!

Thank you! I wish I could surprise him on the ride there, but I can't drive stick. So either I tell him we are going there exactly, or I hire a taximan for the day.

I did something similar once with my husband.. Can you just put the address in the navigation and not tell him where you are going? Of course he'll have to be told to dress properly though, but it can still be somewhat of a surprise.

Last edited:
He keeps telling me he wants to meet my parents. My parents are practically begging to meet him. But for some reason I just can't bring myself to initiate it...

Just realized we're doing 3 separate Christmases with his family....mom side, dad side and just the core family. I'll be meeting all the crazy cousins that I was shielded from last year....awesome.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back