2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good April fools joke to the parents if we're not moved in by April: mom, dad we're getting married! .....

April fool's!

We're just moving in together

:lachen:

Nahhh we'll most likely be all moved in by April. I do wonder how my parents are going to take it. I haven't disappointed them in a long time. I think it's about time lmaoo

I did something similar once with my husband.. Can you just put the address in the navigation and not tell him where you are going? If course he'll have to be told to dress properly though, but it can still be somewhat of a surprise.

Will do:) will coordinate this when I land. Might be for early Jan but have another gift (art) that I think he will like a lot in the meantime.

Ugh! Why can't he be consistent? I swear the littlest things have been just ticking me off lately. Maybe I need to do some self reflection.

My SO left for Portland on Tuesday evening. I'll join him next Tuesday and we will both stay there until after New Years.

Last year, I was there for NYE week. To be invited for Xmas is super special.

Looking forward to this trip... :)

My SO left for Portland on Tuesday evening. I'll join him next Tuesday and we will both stay there until after New Years. Last year, I was there for NYE week. To be invited for Xmas is super special. Looking forward to this trip... :)

Yay! I'm so glad things are going well for you two. Enjoy Christmas with his family!!

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

We're spending tonight apart and I'm going stir crazy. I can't believe I'm already so used to having him around. This feels different than when we can't be together because one of us is traveling. I know it's good to have separate time but it feels especially lonely tonight. I should've made plans with friends or worked out or something. Sitting alone while my man is only a 20 minute drive away feels like torture. In the morning I will 100% deny being this needy and pathetic.

He booked me a 2-hour spa visit this morning that was absolutely DIVINE!!! Gosh I was super happy there :)

There was a sauna and 1.5 hour massage, and then I rested on my own Swahili bed with drapes all around it. It was beautiful and awesome. I think he knows that sometimes I cut corners on taking care of myself, so he made the appointment and dropped me off this morning (I got in late last night). This is just what I needed.

I'm stuck on the gift giving can you ladies help? I don't want to over do it.
I'm at month 8 or so....

I finally decided...you'll see below.
Crisis over lol

Last edited:
I'm stuck on the gift giving can you ladies help? I don't want to over do it.
I'm at month 8 or so....

Clothes:
I have tons of clothes and need to narrow it down. I want to give him at least one sweater because he mentioned sweaters a couple of months ago before his bday. I like him in the color black so I have one black sweater. I also got a brown sweater because he has a shirt that needs to be toned down with a brown sweater. Got a pretty green sweater for $20 from the Timberland outllet. Got it mostly for the price. Got tons of chinos from J.Crew but have no idea which color he doesn't have. Everything from J.C. was $209 and it was a LOT. Got a bunch of clothes from Eddie Bauer too which came out to more. I'm not giving him all.

shoes: I have 4 pairs on hold now. I will give him one pair of boots although I was looking for boots with fur lining inside. Didn't find any at the store. He likes to wear those sneaker/shoes and I found one for like $30. I will def. give him a boot cuz he needs one....

Accessories: He doesn't have a cell phone case and that thing falls, he's done.

He mentioned ski underwear some time ago. Them things are expensive like $50 for the bottom warmer and about the same for the long sleeve top.

House slippers: We went to the Gap outlet and he picked up some slippers. I asked him to put the slippers back so he already knows he's getting that from me. I actually forgot but I guess I have to get them now.

So, what would you do. None of these gifts are exciting to me but....

Wow, you've already got alot. Why do you need to get more? All of that sounds like a new waldrobe.

I'm stuck on the gift giving can you ladies help? I don't want to over do it. I'm at month 8 or so.... Clothes: I have tons of clothes and need to narrow it down. I want to give him at least one sweater because he mentioned sweaters a couple of months ago before his bday. I like him in the color black so I have one black sweater. I also got a brown sweater because he has a shirt that needs to be toned down with a brown sweater. Got a pretty green sweater for $20 from the Timberland outllet. Got it mostly for the price. Got tons of chinos from J.Crew but have no idea which color he doesn't have. Everything from J.C. was $209 and it was a LOT. Got a bunch of clothes from Eddie Bauer too which came out to more. I'm not giving him all. shoes: I have 4 pairs on hold now. I will give him one pair of boots although I was looking for boots with fur lining inside. Didn't find any at the store. He likes to wear those sneaker/shoes and I found one for like $30. I will def. give him a boot cuz he needs one.... Accessories: He doesn't have a cell phone case and that thing falls, he's done. He mentioned ski underwear some time ago. Them things are expensive like $50 for the bottom warmer and about the same for the long sleeve top. House slippers: We went to the Gap outlet and he picked up some slippers. I asked him to put the slippers back so he already knows he's getting that from me. I actually forgot but I guess I have to get them now. So, what would you do. None of these gifts are exciting to me but....

You are doing too much. :lol: good grief! A quarter of that would be plenty.

I'm stuck on the gift giving can you ladies help? I don't want to over do it. I'm at month 8 or so.... Clothes: I have tons of clothes and need to narrow it down. I want to give him at least one sweater because he mentioned sweaters a couple of months ago before his bday. I like him in the color black so I have one black sweater. I also got a brown sweater because he has a shirt that needs to be toned down with a brown sweater. Got a pretty green sweater for $20 from the Timberland outllet. Got it mostly for the price. Got tons of chinos from J.Crew but have no idea which color he doesn't have. Everything from J.C. was $209 and it was a LOT. Got a bunch of clothes from Eddie Bauer too which came out to more. I'm not giving him all. shoes: I have 4 pairs on hold now. I will give him one pair of boots although I was looking for boots with fur lining inside. Didn't find any at the store. He likes to wear those sneaker/shoes and I found one for like $30. I will def. give him a boot cuz he needs one.... Accessories: He doesn't have a cell phone case and that thing falls, he's done. He mentioned ski underwear some time ago. Them things are expensive like $50 for the bottom warmer and about the same for the long sleeve top. House slippers: We went to the Gap outlet and he picked up some slippers. I asked him to put the slippers back so he already knows he's getting that from me. I actually forgot but I guess I have to get them now. So, what would you do. None of these gifts are exciting to me but....

:lol: you remind me so much of myself! I too am struggling with the amount of stuff I'm getting him. Me and my ex used to go all out for each other on Christmas but I am trying to limit myself with the new SO. I love giving gifts too but I would recommend narrowing it down to the things that he has asked for specifically then adding 2 surprise items from what you've already purchased.

Oh lawd I'm asking y'all to pick! Lol
What do I give? I'm returning what I don't give.

I expect all of y'all who chimed in to say it was too much, to actually chose. Tks! :D

:lol: you remind me so much of myself! I too am struggling with the amount of stuff I'm getting him. Me and my ex used to go all out for each other on Christmas but I am trying to limit myself with the new SO. I love giving gifts too but I would recommend narrowing it down to the things that he has asked for specifically then adding 2 surprise items from what you've already purchased.

OK, I got it. Narrowed it down to boots and the ski underwear. The case is boring and the sweater was mainly for my benefit. I'm the worst at making decisions.

Onto this family member whom I never get stuff for but she's coming to my nana's for the first time EVER. What do I give a woman who has everything?
Send her a honey baked ham lol

Last edited:
We're on one of our weekend getaways right now, being completely lame like we are lol. We spent most of the day looking up apartments and made a list. Next Friday we're going to look at them all. We're very excited!

Went shopping today and went out to dinner and cozy on the love seat in front of the television. It's so cold out tonight. Having an awesome weekend and hope you all are too.

Got drunk at his neighborhood holiday party last night. Had a moment with his dad. His family is so great it makes my heart hurt.

You are a verrrrryyyy generous GF to care for his kids (plus yours!) for 2 whole months. Eeesh! Hope you have a good circle of support...

I guess I'm a b--ch, cuz I aint never been that nice :sad::look:

I thought I could do it but I can't. As time drew near and I guess the girls got more comfortable I realized how much of a handful the 16 year old really is. The 14 year old is no problem and actually a help but the 16 year old is immature and spoiled and requires a lot of constant attention. It's way too much with my 5 year old. I had to break down and tell him I am sorry but I can't. Now I feel bad :-/

The whole time we've been together we've only had maybe three arguments. I've never gotten along with someone so well and he had the nerve to say that we need to argue more. What does that even mean???

The whole time we've been together we've only had maybe three arguments. I've never gotten along with someone so well and he had the nerve to say that we need to argue more. What does that even mean???

Maybe he's been biting his tongue on some stuff?

I don't like to argue, but sometimes it's good to have 'discussions'

I'd want to know what he would like to discuss. This could be innocent... or it could be worrisome. Either way, sounds like more communication is needed.

I thought I could do it but I can't. As time drew near and I guess the girls got more comfortable I realized how much of a handful the 16 year old really is. The 14 year old is no problem and actually a help but the 16 year old is immature and spoiled and requires a lot of constant attention. It's way too much with my 5 year old. I had to break down and tell him I am sorry but I can't. Now I feel bad :-/

What was his reaction? Does he have an alternative babysitter?

I completely understand and think you were generous to offer in the first place.

What was his reaction? Does he have an alternative babysitter?

I completely understand and think you were generous to offer in the first place.

He said he understood and would figure something out. We all talked and it's all good now

Last edited:
He just told me to shut the door and brought in my gifts. He asked did I want one today and I said no. I rather wait to Christmas. I'm super excited. It's in the other room but he knows I won't sneak and look

He just couldn't wait to give me my Christmas gift. LOL! I got my new TV last night! WOOP! Now to go out and get his gift on my lunch break :lachen::lachen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back