2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO's students think I look like Beyonce. :lachen:

They get excited when they see us in the store together. The next day at school, they'll come up to him and go...."Ooooo! Mr. H! Your girlfriend is so pretty!" :lol: Makes my ego feel good....and he is damn lucky!

Last edited:

They get excited when they see us in the store together. The next day at school, they'll come up to him and go...."Ooooo! Mr. H! Your girlfriend is so pretty!" :lol: Makes my ego feel good....and he is damn lucky!

Lmao oh your poor so. (I teach high school) once they get notions in their little heads, they won't stop bringing it up. Some kids saw us at the mall, and they were all like ms rocky, your boyfriend is sooo cute! Lol.

He texted me he misses me last night. So cute.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Today is me and SO's year and a half. I wanted us to see Wicked but he doesn't get off until 10pm, so we're hanging out for a few hours then really celebrating it tomorrow.
We said "I love you" pretty early on (he said it first), and the past few months I've been debating our compatibility and what "love" actually means.
We have almost nothing in common except we are Virgos, we love books and writing, and we really care about each other. So I always wondered our compatibility.
But, he's a good guy. He makes me lazy when we hang out because he does everything for me, from making the bed to cooking to paying for everything. I don't feel used when I do things for him because I know it isn't like that.
He is really interested in my success because he knows I will be successful in whatever I set my mind to. He's very supportive.
And, when I'm asleep in his arms are imagining being in his arms (we don't live together yet), I have such simple dreams of us simply hanging out but I can feel the serotonin in my brain if that makes sense. I'm filled with such happiness and joy.
I was debating dumping him because we don't have much in common (he likes Spanish, I like Italian, he likes certain movies and songs, I like others, I'm very emotional and spiritual, he's very factual, he comes from a very informal family which means he's on 1st name basis with his parents and his mom is a "friend mom". I call adults Mr./Ms. even though I am one and I am very formal with my parents). But now I think having things in common matters less than who you are as a person and how you make each other feel.

Today is me and SO's year and a half. I wanted us to see Wicked but he doesn't get off until 10pm, so we're hanging out for a few hours then really celebrating it tomorrow.
We said "I love you" pretty early on (he said it first), and the past few months I've been debating our compatibility and what "love" actually means.
We have almost nothing in common except we are Virgos, we love books and writing, and we really care about each other. So I always wondered our compatibility.
But, he's a good guy. He makes me lazy when we hang out because he does everything for me, from making the bed to cooking to paying for everything. I don't feel used when I do things for him because I know it isn't like that.
He is really interested in my success because he knows I will be successful in whatever I set my mind to. He's very supportive.
And, when I'm asleep in his arms are imagining being in his arms (we don't live together yet), I have such simple dreams of us simply hanging out but I can feel the serotonin in my brain if that makes sense. I'm filled with such happiness and joy.
I was debating dumping him because we don't have much in common (he likes Spanish, I like Italian, he likes certain movies and songs, I like others, I'm very emotional and spiritual, he's very factual, he comes from a very informal family which means he's on 1st name basis with his parents and his mom is a "friend mom". I call adults Mr./Ms. even though I am one and I am very formal with my parents). But now I think having things in common matters less than who you are as a person and how you make each other feel.

Sorry to butt in but you don't have to have a million things in common with someone to be together...that doesn't necessarily make one compatible with someone else...it makes for good friends though...you all can always develop COMMON INTERESTS as your relationship continues to develop.

Plus you all can have fun trying out what each other likes and maybe even growing to enjoy those things as well.

And the fact that you are emotional and he is factual isn't that shocking...most women are more emotional than men by nature :drunk:

I say just enjoy your time together. Sounds like he is a great guy :yep:

Lmao oh your poor so. (I teach high school) once they get notions in their little heads, they won't stop bringing it up. Some kids saw us at the mall, and they were all like ms rocky, your boyfriend is sooo cute! Lol.

He texted me he misses me last night. So cute.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My SO teaches 7th and 8th grade english. Those hormones are raging! :lol: They can't believe their teacher has a girlfriend! OMG! hahhaa

Sorry to butt in but you don't have to have a million things in common with someone to be together...that doesn't necessarily make one compatible with someone else...it makes for good friends though...you all can always develop COMMON INTERESTS as your relationship continues to develop.

Plus you all can have fun trying out what each other likes and maybe even growing to enjoy those things as well.

And the fact that you are emotional and he is factual isn't that shocking...most women are more emotional than men by nature :drunk:

I say just enjoy your time together. Sounds like he is a great guy :yep:

Awe thanks!
And yeah through the course of our time together he's shown me his favorite movies and songs. I've never would of seen or heard them on my own and I actually love them now. So it's true that we're developing common interests.

Thank you! I know it sounded stupid but I'm a worrywart and was worried about our differences. Thanks so much lol

This is soo adorable lol

I want to cry :ohwell: .Definitely not what I needed the day before going back to anxiety-riddled school. I feel so alone :cry:

According to SO he is hreally stressed. I believe him because he's started smoking cigarettes...and he never use to before. Anyway, this has manifested in him not really wanting to talk to me as much as before, I.e. phone calls, texting...it's significantly decreased. He says whenever he's on the phone he feels lik he should be doing something(???) and last night he blatantly told me he didn't want to be on the phone with me. Even though he says it's stress, I feel like he has to be loosing interest or something. I just don't get what that has to do with communicating with me, especially since I'm away at school all the time and he only visits every few weeks or so.

Last edited:
About to turn 29 in two weeks! Still never had a boyfriend or a serious relationship. Hadn't been on a date since May 2011.

I will come back in a year to post: about to turn 30 in two weeks! Never had a boyfriend or a serious relationship. Hadn't been in a date since May 2011.

In 2016: About to turn 31 in two weeks! Never had a boyfriend or a serious relationship. Hadn't been on a date since May 2011.

In 2017: About to turn 32 in two weeks....and so on indefinitely.

Can't get or keep a man these days if you are not willing to put up with some disrespect and/or sleep with them a couple weeks into dating.

Last edited:
softblackcotton Have you heard of the book "Calling in the One"? There are a few threads about it. Apparently a lot if people have had success. I'm gonna buy it myself pretty soon, but you should check it out, if you're into the attracting love thing.

According to SO he is hreally stressed. I believe him because he's started smoking cigarettes...and he never use to before. Anyway, this has manifested in him not really wanting to talk to me as much as before, I.e. phone calls, texting...it's significantly decreased. He says whenever he's on the phone he feels lik he should be doing something(???) and last night he blatantly told me he didn't want to be on the phone with me. Even though he says it's stress, I feel like he has to be loosing interest or something. I just don't get what that has to do with communicating with me, especially since I'm away at school all the time and he only visits every few weeks or so. DarkJoy

Do you know the source of his "stress"? Is he being specific or vague? Smells kinda fishy kimpaur

About to turn 29 in two weeks! Still never had a boyfriend or a serious relationship. Hadn't been on a date since May 2011.

I will come back in a year to post: about to turn 30 in two weeks! Things are turning around for me. More men are approaching me. I've had a few really great dates.

In 2016: About to turn 31 in two weeks! Met a really nice guy who respects me and appreciates me not having sex right off the bat. He has agreed to wait until I am ready.

In 2017: About to turn 32 in two weeks....and he and I are so in love with each other. I think he's going to propose very soon.

Couldn't get or keep a man for a long time because I was not willing to put up with some disrespect and/or sleep with a man couple weeks into dating. But I was finally blessed to find a good man and he was blessed to find me. So happy I didn't give up.

Fixed that for you...

According to SO he is hreally stressed. I believe him because he's started smoking cigarettes...and he never use to before. Anyway, this has manifested in him not really wanting to talk to me as much as before, I.e. phone calls, texting...it's significantly decreased. He says whenever he's on the phone he feels lik he should be doing something(???) and last night he blatantly told me he didn't want to be on the phone with me. Even though he says it's stress, I feel like he has to be loosing interest or something. I just don't get what that has to do with communicating with me, especially since I'm away at school all the time and he only visits every few weeks or so. DarkJoy

This would make me feel some kind of way.........hmmmm

deleted...turns out his overachieving arse is really just stressed about life

Last edited:
I dont have time for this :lol: Im straight, no chaser. Dont mess with my money or my time. Both are too hard to come by. I think I have male characteristics cause Ill chuck the deuces to you in a heartbeat :peace:

I know for a fact that I don't deserve some of the things that people do or say to me. Sometimes I just laugh to keep from crying and showing too much emotion. I can't give them that satisfaction.

Me and this new guy are so smitten with each other. We are so in tune with each other's wants and needs. Part of me wants to jump in feet first and then the rational side reminds me that I move too fast often. I need to slow down and enjoy the ride. Regardless, i'm really excited to see where we end up! I like him and he likes me!

Lucie he's Haitian! Born and raised in PAP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back