2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a difference a year can make...2014 is starting off even better than last year! He's finally getting it :yep:

I freaking love my man! Two trips (Jamaica, Dominican Republic) in and it hasn't been a year yet. We celebrate the holidays together. Never been in another relationship as fulfilling as this one :)

Love my man, we are very happy but his kids that he seen in a weekend on/off basis is getting in my nerves! To the point I'm thinking if I really want to spend the rest of my life getting stress on that basis.

He got seriously mad at me. I think he's over it though :look:

Asked him a small question about fitness today and received a near 10-20 minute answer.:yawn:

This happens sometimes when I ask a polite question about the car. :yawn:

Yesterday he told me an old work story that he must have told me 10 times before. The long version..:yawn:

This is something I wasn't so patient with in my younger years. I don't find him boring generally, but occasionally he does a long speech and I lose the will to live. He doesn't know that though and that's the important thing lol.

He says I don't initiate and we haven't been intimate in too long blah blah blah and wondering if we're missing the spark...well how am I suppose to send signals when what he seems to prefer is watching a movie, playing with his motorcycle or doing different things around the house. How do I get IN when he seems so disconnected? He doesn't want to feel rejected but I don't either. How do I encourage him to be secure in initiating what he wants? Just ASK dumb dumb!!!!!!

He cracks me up lol.

I need to stop feeding him though. We cannot sit here and both get chubby :lol:
All these damn deserts I keep baking (I love baking in winter). Yesterday one of my guy friends tasted some peach cobbler I made and was like damn rocky91 must want a ring or something :lol: :look:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

He says I don't initiate and we haven't been intimate in too long blah blah blah and wondering if we're missing the spark...well how am I suppose to send signals when what he seems to prefer is watching a movie, playing with his motorcycle or doing different things around the house. How do I get IN when he seems so disconnected? He doesn't want to feel rejected but I don't either. How do I encourage him to be secure in initiating what he wants? Just ASK dumb dumb!!!!!!

LOL my SO said this to me too 2 months back. Wanted me to initiate more/grab his crayon more often:drunk:.

I've been doing it more often and I'm happy with the outcome:lol:.

If he wants you to initiate then he wants to have sex with you, don't worry bout rejection. Sounds like your SO wants you to start the party. Go fine4s, its ya birthday lol

8718145umkbo.gif

^^^ see...I have no problems initiating... Which is why he complains of being objectified. :look: I tried scaling it back so he feels less like a.piece of meat. Only a matter of time before he complains I don't initiate often. Can't win for losing..

He bought two crockpots and its just the biggest thing in our life right now. Lol. I love it. I remember dating guys and being turned off by how irresponsible and frivolous and just little boyish they were. This dude is sitting in his house at ten with a roast in the crockpot to take for lunch for the week. That's something my daddy would say "I want a roast." Lol. I just love it. There was chicken soup in the other crockpot when I left :look: who uses two crock pots at once? I love it.

He bought two crockpots and its just the biggest thing in our life right now. Lol. I love it. I remember dating guys and being turned off by how irresponsible and frivolous and just little boyish they were. This dude is sitting in his house at ten with a roast in the crockpot to take for lunch for the week. That's something my daddy would say "I want a roast." Lol. I just love it. There was chicken soup in the other crockpot when I left :look: who uses two crock pots at once? I love it.

My SO is the same way. He sure does love the crock pot!

dude we have the weirdest relationship ever. one minute i want to choke him the next i just want to hug him. i'm sick (because of him) and didn't want to be bothered. he came over last night and got on my very last nerve. so he left very early this morning. at least i thought he was gone until my door opens again later on and i hear him bringing sacks from the grocery store. i got up and saw that his hands were filthy like he had been working on a car. before i could even open my mouth and question him he says "im making meatloaf tonight, i bought so more firewood and i fixed the lights on your car."

boom!!! lol i could imagine him dropping a mic, and all i could do after that was offer him a cup of coffee. :lol:

I'm really feeling this dude. This is the first time that I've genuinely missed a guy's presence. This is very new and very strange and very scary :look: (I usually keep about 3 in rotation, just talking and dates, but he's so attentive that everyone else now pales in comparison). He's also a 6'4 230 hazel eyed Scorpio, and I really want to know if the hype is true :lick:

We can't even stay mad at each other. I know I'm biased, but my baby is the best. I'm never letting my good thing get away.

"Because I don't want to"... Oh somebody is getting snappy today, but little does he know... I will finish this. Watch how I go ghost for the rest of the week. I'm NOT the one to be getting snappy with.

I wonder what would have happened if we had actually dated in undergrad. Everything is just going so well and I like to think it is because we were friends before all of this.

I have been living with my SO for a little over a month. I am adjusting quite well considering this is a new area and job. The people are different and definitely the weather. I haven't seen this much snow in my life smh and according to my twin who grew up in Pittsburgh, what I'm seeing is nothing. I'm not use to single digit weather.

I had a great time meeting my baby's parents. They are calm and chill like me. I felt very comfortable. I asked to see baby pictures of my SO and his mom had two huge photo albums documenting from her pregnancy til he went off to college. I learned alot more about him and his family. It made me understand him even better. He was a different child...you could tell he went left when everyone went right and I see why he is the way he is. I see him doing great things...I see us doing great things in the community one day.

Our New Years was quiet. I slept in most of it. My twin worked most of it.

I am glad I took the chance of moving to be with my pooh boo. He is so kind and attentive. He wants nothing but the best for us. I appreciate Sundays bc that is our time together. We normally have a day long date. This past Sunday we were suppose to go to "church". It really is not church though. It's a place where we talk about spirituality, health and wellness, etc. We have gone before and enjoyed it. I really Iove speaking to the elders. They always drop knowledge. It was canceled this past Sunday bc of ice. But we were still able to speak to an elder that my SO has become friends with. I notice my SO are always drawn to elders and I am too. She was suppose to come with us to the service but she ended up talking with us a few hours. It was good and needed. My baby and I then went to the mall and finished the evening at Barnes and noble. We got more books and I got tarot cards.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have been living with my SO for a little over a month. I am adjusting quite well considering this is a new area and job. The people are different and definitely the weather. I haven't seen this much snow in my life smh and according to my twin who grew up in Pittsburgh, what I'm seeing is nothing. I'm not use to single digit weather.

I am glad I took the chance of moving to be with my pooh boo. He is so kind and attentive. He wants nothing but the best for us. I appreciate Sundays bc that is our time together. We normally have a day long date. This past Sunday we were suppose to go to "church". It really is not church though. It's a place where we talk about spirituality, health and wellness, etc. We have gone before and enjoyed it. I really Iove speaking to the elders. They always drop knowledge. It was canceled this past Sunday bc of ice. But we were still able to speak to an elder that my SO has become friends with. I notice my SO are always drawn to elders and I am too. She was suppose to come with us to the service but she ended up talking with us a few hours. It was good and needed. My baby and I then went to the mall and finished the evening at Barnes and noble. We got more books and I got tarot cards.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

If you don't mind sharing, what are some of the factors you considered before deciding to move in with your SO? I remember reading a few posts where you were debating whether to get your own apt or not. My SO has been suggesting we move in together and while for a long time I thought I'd want to wait until being engaged, I'm not so sure anymore. We've discussed the future and I feel like we both have the same idea of where our relationship is headed.

If you don't mind sharing, what are some of the factors you considered before deciding to move in with your SO? I remember reading a few posts where you were debating whether to get your own apt or not. My SO has been suggesting we move in together and while for a long time I thought I'd want to wait until being engaged, I'm not so sure anymore. We've discussed the future and I feel like we both have the same idea of where our relationship is headed.

I felt the same way I am use to my own space and wanted to be engaged. But then as time got closer I was more content with moving in with him even though I did have second thoughts about doing so. It scary trusting someone like that. But I know that he is the one. I think I was thinking about what others would think. I could actually afford to live on my own but once he said just save and pay off my debt I was like ok. This year is the beginning of us building our future. We want to save, pay off debt from college days, travel, and hopefully a trip to Africa. If we do that trip to Africa, that means we will get married there. That's our goal for this year, if not this year, definitely next year.

To be honest moving in was not the hardest part, it was officially making the decision to move up to where he was. Now that was tough. I moved for love but I moved for myself too. It was needed. I needed to be taken out of my comfort zone and I really outgrown the south. I am definitely adjusting but this move was beneficial.

FH and I are chugging along nicely and just prepping for the wedding. We will be laying low for the next 4 or 5 months since the second half of the year is going to very busy and very expensive.

We sat down last week and made a concrete list of short term and long term goals.

Never felt so God awful in my entire life. Imma kill that man for making me sick. Upper respiratory infection and its 2 degrees here in MD.

Last edited:
My SO is amazing...but still an *** sometimes. Starting to wonder if I should pull back...I just don't get how you don't get it?

I have a cousin I have never met. Maybe a 50th cousin at this point. Nice guy. BUT he goes down my list of friends/followers and just adds them. Dude chill! If my last name was common I could not care less BUT everyone knows he is related to me. Like he couldn't just search on his own for women to add. Sorry this is not SO-related. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back