2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody come pick my jaw up off the floor. AHeadOfCoils.

People have been killed for less. He is lucky you handled it as you did. I hope y'all can come to some resolution.

I feel absolutely no remorse. :lol: I commented on how nice and clear the new window is and he trying his hardest not to have a smart comment. Watch me Windex that mess in the morning and say how awesome the sunlight beams through it.

There is going to be a special hot place for me to go to. :nono: I'm usually really nice, but I'm treating him like a ninja on the street until I decide if/where we're moving.

I'm back with my high school sweetheart. It's been 20 years since we been together. We always stayed cool, but since we both was in relationships we never overstepped our boundaries. I always knew he was my great love, but I never imagined we would get back together.
Everything is going great and even though we both have have some past drama, we make sure to keep our lines of communication open. It's long distance right now, but I'm moving to his town next month. (I'm not moving for him, but I already planned to move before we started dating. Being with him just help me decide what location I wanted to move to.)
I'm nervous about meeting his child and ex, but excited about our future together.

AHeadOfCoils I missed what you said but it sounds like a bunch of drama from what I could see. Do what's best for u and don't let any man take you through any unnecessary changes. Let the people close to you know what's going on.

I missed it too. Girl, you've got to leave posts on for a good 12-24hrs to cater for different time zones!!

Last edited:
Seriously though, there are some things I gotta mull over. Things he said that give me pause. Things I'm very sure a man would go ghost on a woman if the sitch were reversed. Also starting to see his true self emerge and not the front he put on during the honeymoon stage.

See, this is exactly why I don't fall head over heels anymore. It makes you blind. I am glad I can see and be rational.

Seriously though, there are some things I gotta mull over. Things he said that give me pause. Things I'm very sure a man would go ghost on a woman if the sitch were reversed. Also starting to see his true self emerge and not the front he put on during the honeymoon stage.

See, this is exactly why I don't fall head over heels anymore. It makes you blind. I am glad I can see and be rational.

Uh oh Coffee don't muck it up!

DarkJoy just hang on and keep observing.
Is he just getting too comfy in the relationship maybe? Not making the same amount of effort because he feels the pursuit is over?
This relationship malarky is hard work....

We are so incredibly smitten with each other! I love it when he calls me "my baby, my babe, my girl". We spent a total of 9 hours on the phone Wednesday, 4 hours Thursday and 2 hours last night. Things are looking good.

Feeling hopeful for 2014. Met someone online on Tuesday, funny we live in same town and work for same company but just met online. After the first contact we have been texting and on the phone for hours everyday. It's like we've known each other for years. Going on our first date Saturday. Looking forward to it, thinking about what to wear already! The kicker is that we are both from NYC! Looks promising but I'm still curious

Uhhhh. Help! I ain't really had a man sleepover tbh. Besides the exhusbsnd... this is dudes second overnight

Tips on gently waking him up and getting his arse outta here pronto? I wanna hit the bss :lol: and start my twists maybe....and walk the poor dog. :look: quick!

Uhhhh. Help! I ain't really had a man sleepover tbh. Besides the exhusbsnd... this is dudes second overnight

Tips on gently waking him up and getting his arse outta here pronto? I wanna hit the bss :lol: and start my twists maybe....and walk the poor dog. :look: quick!

It's always best to say you have plans in the morning, the night before.
I told Latin that I had to get up early to go help a friend with something that we had pre-planned. Yeah right.

Mmmm Just tell him the next time he stays you'll cook breakfast but you have errands to run this morning.

Lol, cut up a half of a piece of fruit, give to him on a plate (only half cuz whole takes too long to eat). Start getting your own self ready. Give him a kiss and say you'd love to do this all day but you have worlds to conquer. Hand him his shoe.

Getting yourself dressed is a good idea....like you are ready to go out.

Geez this relationship business is whole lot of work!!!

Haha! Y'all are funny. You are right Bublin. I shoulda said something last night... but this fool sleeps HARD. I've been up 3 hours. Here's what I've done trying to get this fool up

Washed dishes loudly
Clean kitchen loudly
Put dishes away LOUDLY
Open curtains on his face. Sun is beaming on him! He no curr...
Tidy the room
Let the dog play around him..it ain't a quiet dog
Turn on the tv in the room
turn on furnace which sounds like a lawnmower
Open door to outside and get the room COLD. nothin

Its like... should I set off a nuke next? He sleeps HARD. He hasn't even rolled over!!!

Eta I already showered and washed my hair and am dressed
Oh and fried up breakfast too. Not even the smelll of bacon and coffee got himup

^^^^^that man ain't sleeping....he's staying for good....rooted......lol.
You're going to have to wake him and say, 'breakfast is ready hun and after we eat I have to pop out'.

Ha! Thank you kaykari and Bublin. It took the dog to jump on him to get him up. Then his friend called. And you were right Bubs! He said he wasn't fully sleep. Fool was being stubborn. Damn. Lol. Off to the bss! Finally!

Ok I need suggestion on what to wear on a first date. Haven't been on one of those in many many years and have no idea what to wear. I'm better at dressing in the summer but not looking cute in the winter. We decided since we met online to do a meet and greet kinda get together at applebee's. What should I wear????

The other day SO asked me what my ring size was...I was so mad at myself for not knowing :wallbash:. Anyway yesterday while we were at the mall he pulled me into this jewelry store. As we are looking at the rings the store clerk comes over and tells us that they are about to close. While we're walking out I nonchalantly ask her if they do ring sizing, she says yes but they are about to close and points at the guy pulling down the security gates. I guess I must of gave her a "I'm not leaving this freaking store until you size my finger" look...cause she quickly pulled the sizer out and measured me as the gates were coming down....lol. :look:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back