2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Sorry to hear you encountered a noisy, conceited neighbor right after moving; Shimmie I'm glad you stood firm and that it's all good now. @ the bolded ... Amein to that!

:bighug:

Thank you for your precious message. Really..... :yep: Thank you Renewed1.

If weed was being smoked I truly would have caught a case. :lol: He'd be a toasted weed for sure. :fistshake:

Precious Lady... thanks again. I'm much better today and it's been very quiet upstairs as well. I also prayed for him; that surrenders his heart to Jesus, all the way.

God is so good. He is the beginning & end of all things. My love for my lord grows daily as I increase my relationship with him. I've preached his word most of my life but have run from complete obedience as I'm a leader & a woman who preaches his word to non-believers & those in need.
Thank you lord for giving me a gift of prophecy and discernment. I'll no longer run as I know it's a gift to help those in need.

God is so good. He is the beginning & end of all things. My love for my lord grows daily as I increase my relationship with him. I've preached his word most of my life but have run from complete obedience as I'm a leader & a woman who preaches his word to non-believers & those in need.
Thank you lord for giving me a gift of prophecy and discernment. I'll no longer run as I know it's a gift to help those in need.
Love this post....BOOM!!!

God bless you, woman of God!

“O LORD, the God of our fathers, are You not God in the heavens? And are You not ruler over all the kingdoms of the nations? Power and might are in Your hand so that no one can stand against You.”
2 Chronicles 20:6

When you feel overwhelmed because of the forces that are coming against you, remember what Jehoshaphat did (2 Chronicles 20:6-12). He focused on God, His sovereignty, His power; then he made his request according to the promises of God.

This was written for your encouragement. It’s an example you can follow today. Don't forget - God is Ruler Over All!
By: Kay Arthur

I've been reading this book about positive thinking from a spiritual perspective. Its really been a blessing to me. It has quotes from the bible and other helpful tidbits to change your thinking. It really does work. I've noticed a deepening of faith in God.

I've been writing in my diary and posting quotes from the bible that relate to my experience. Its really helpful to ruminate on them. I hope to get closer and closer to god as time goes on.

I'm doing a fast from wrong thinking for 30 days.

Stand up for what's right and be the light of the world and the salt of the earth. Stop living in compromise and bowing to sin. Put your foot down and let the world know "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!"
Don't be afraid to rock the boat. Otherwise, the wind and rain will come and turn your boat upside down. At least if a storm comes because of your stand in Christ, you know that Jesus is in the boat with you.:yep:

Each decision you make has short term results, but it also shapes your future. Your today is the result of all the decisions you've made to this point, and your tomorrow is the sum of the decisions you make today. So, never make permanent decisions based on temporary circumstances because you have to manage the fruit of the decision for the rest of your life.

We could learn a lot from trees about how to weather a storm. When the pressure comes, a tree forces its roots deeper into the ground so it can stand firm and not blow over. Notice, it doesn't uproot itself and move to a less threatening location. It stands firm against the harsh winds, and so can you. There is a purpose behind your pain, and if you'll let it root you deeper in the Lord instead of driving you away, you'll come out of your storm stronger, more mature, firm and immovable. Storms make us steadfast.

God always has your very best interest at heart. Always. He has a plan that's going to bless you and all those around you, regardless of how bad things may look right now. Don't be fooled by what you see. Your circumstances will not change God's plans for you, but God's plans will change your circumstances. God isn't finished yet. Your circumstances are a work in progress.

Be encouraged!
:love2:

TODAY, CHOOSE ... to walk away from petty arguments, to walk away from repeated mistakes, and to walk away from careless words. – CHOOSE peace. CHOOSE wisdom. CHOOSE progress. ~~CALLED Magazine

Instead of mourning and sadness over what has been, our heavenly Father gives us joy about what can be and what will be.
- Paula White

Meditate daily on what God promised, not what the devil shows you or even people who constantly talk about what the devil is doing. Things we meditate on day and night become a reality. Constantly thinking and expressing thoughts of fear will bring them into existence (Mark 11:22).

Watch who you associate with because fear and negative thinking is contagious. People that are constantly talking negatively about their or other people's marriages, finances, children etc. are very dangerous to our spiritual health. Listening to their rhetoric will infect us with fear and will produce worry and anxiety in those same areas of our life. Avoid close relationships with people like that just like you’d avoid the plague! It will hinder your faith-walk with God.:yep:

Some people are determined to drag people down because they have never gotten off the ground. But you have a choice to follow them or make real progress in life. Ok, progress:

“Everytime you feed the flesh, you strenghten it. This is good if you are trying to build a good habit, but detrimental if you are trying to stop a bad habit. The way to "kill the flesh" is to starve it; to stop feeding it.”
― Joyce Meyer

Matt 5:9

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Blessed (enjoying [a]enviable happiness, spiritually prosperous—[c]with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions) are the makers and [d] maintainers of peace, for they shall be called the sons of God!

999760_165294856995805_445080477_n.jpg

:look: :look: :look:
:lachen: Saw this on FB. Couldn't resist.

I want to see the Power of God manifested and being demonstrated in the church soo badly. It's ok to visit the sick...but how better it would be to heal them!

I believe miracles are still for today. I looked over at the signer (for the deaf ppl) during service today and thought, I'm going to learn to sign. So I can reach the deaf one day...man, I wish I could open their ears. Not me, I mean, God of course. I'm sure many of them want to hear...have they given up on ever hearing...and what about the children? Are they supposed to accept that they can't hear? Sigh...idk. musings.

Then again, what if they don't want to hear? Can't run around healing ppl who dont really want it. Hmmm...but at least they should know it's available if they want it. And be given an invitation. Much like salvation I guess. Jesus is brilliant... whosoever will may come. That's a great approach. But...how?

(Random)

The Holy Spirit knows how to speak the truth to a person whose listening to Him.:yep: His voice is so clear...crystal clear and so vivid to me. I can't express enough of how much He speaks to me and directs my paths.

I have been hearing His voice for 26 years. His voice never changes...He always remains the same and He always speaks the heart of the Father. I wouldn't know what I would do if I couldn't hear His voice anymore. There have been times when I didn't want to hear His voice because I wanted to do my own thing, but He is so gentle....and with a still small voice, He spoke to my heart and I could not help but listen.:grin:

I pray that you too can hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and that you will know His voice and the voice of a stranger you will not follow. There are so many 'voices' out here in the world that speaks...but not all voices speak the truth that comes from the Father. Know Him and know that He speaks clearly to you. That way, you don't get confused or be led away by the enemy and the voices he uses.

"...and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8: 32 & 36

"But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him." I John 2:27

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.

So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
John 10: 1-16

Last edited:
I love that you desire this....I know that the Lord is going to answer your prayer....Yes indeed!:yep:

I want to see the Power of God manifested and being demonstrated in the church soo badly. It's ok to visit the sick...but how better it would be to heal them!

I believe miracles are still for today. I looked over at the signer (for the deaf ppl) during service today and thought, I'm going to learn to sign. So I can reach the deaf one day...man, I wish I could open their ears. Not me, I mean, God of course. I'm sure many of them want to hear...have they given up on ever hearing...and what about the children? Are they supposed to accept that they can't hear? Sigh...idk. musings.

Then again, what if they don't want to hear? Can't run around healing ppl who dont really want it. Hmmm...but at least they should know it's available if they want it. And be given an invitation. Much like salvation I guess. Jesus is brilliant... whosoever will may come. That's a great approach. But...how?

(Random)

Faith is like electricity. You can’t see it, but you can see the light.
- Gregory Dickow, Pastor and founder of Life Changers International Church, Chicago, Illinois

"The Grace Card"

If you can watch this movie, please do so. It is amazing.

It's on again right now on the 'UP' (for Uplifting -- Christian channel).

It's an excellent movie on Grace.

August 25

Proverbs 4:18
The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. (New Living Translation)

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to tell when you're still headed in the right direction. One of the components of the right way is peace. When you're walking with God, you will have a sense of inner peace. Not only that, but your peace will increase even if the intensity increases. Some like to say that difficulty is a sign that God is pushing against you. Well, lack of peace is a bigger indication that God is pushing against you. As the sun gets brighter, everything gets clearer, warmer, and more responsive. God wants to unfold His will and make it brighter as you continue to walk with Him. When the light of day is full, your enemies can't hide like they will when the path is dark. You are also much less prone to stumble when the road is illuminated. When God is directing your path, you will know when to pause, when to refresh yourself, when to speed up, and when to pull over. The right way is a journey: not a sprint. Progress is always gradual and continual. Learn everything you can along the way because you don't ever get a second chance at life.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

Charles Spurgeon:

Warm-hearted saints keep each other warm, but cold is also contagious.

If our heart is warm it is an index that the sun is shining, and when we enjoy his heat we shall soon behold his light. [expo on Psalms 45]

All who can, please watch this video. Considering the rise of homosexuality and promiscuity, I do believe this is one way the enemy is doing it. This is something we can be aware to put before the Lord in prayer. We need his grace and mercy like never before now. :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auv6c0-FsjU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thank you so much for posting this, I put it on my twitter:yep: I've always been against birth control pills, I try warning my sisters about it but they won't listen, just gotta keep doing it I guess. What she said in the beginning about women omitting something that is odorless and colorless but attracts men really hit me and makes absolute sense. I've never had the urge to dress scantily clad or any of that, I now understand why.

Back