2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Nice and Wavy you are too funny. I have been quoted lol. But he ain't welcome though. No desert no punch no pound cake nothing.

God I'm so seeing you work through me to others. I love encouraging others because its you God not me at all. I hate when others are done wrong and are struggling really. Help me not to lose heart while going through my journey. I want to declare I desire my MBA,to learn a new language,to loose all my weight,to be married and to be a sound woman of God. It is scary to declare because that is asking for hell but like child birth it will be pain but once you have that baby you birthed through you in your arms all the crying,rejection,snide remarks,the haters,the idiots it will be worth every ounce of it.

Nice and Wavy you are too funny. I have been quoted lol. But he ain't welcome though. No desert no punch no pound cake nothing.

God I'm so seeing you work through me to others. I love encouraging others because its you God not me at all. I hate when others are done wrong and are struggling really. Help me not to lose heart while going through my journey. I want to declare I desire my MBA,to learn a new language,to loose all my weight,to be married and to be a sound woman of God. It is scary to declare because that is asking for hell but like child birth it will be pain but once you have that baby you birthed through you in your arms all the crying,rejection,snide remarks,the haters,the idiots it will be worth every ounce of it.
Oh my goodness....when I first seen this post, I knew that I have seen this same post in a dream about 2 years ago...same words and everything!

God is speaking to you and His desire for you is for you to trust Him!!!

I had to quote you....that was hilarious!!!:lol:

"In a world where everybody's truth is true and everyone's answers are right, nobody's truth is true and no one's answers end up being right. There's only one standard of truth, the changeless Word of the one True God."
Pastor Tony Evans

Oh my goodness....when I first seen this post, I knew that I have seen this same post in a dream about 2 years ago...same words and everything!

God is speaking to you and His desire for you is for you to trust Him!!!

I had to quote you....that was hilarious!!!:lol:

That makes me shiver wow. In your dream wow.

Lord I thank you for the lesson of dress length today. I see when your stern on me it's for my good and I thank you for it. You could just throw me away but you don't since I'm your adoptive kid. Man God your awesome~!

God Often Does His Best Work in the Darkness
Being in the valley of trials stinks. It’s painful, disorienting, and confusing. As we stagger and stumble along we often wonder, Where is God? Why is he allowing me to go through this? We feel stuck and broken, like we can’t move forward. We are perplexed, crushed, weighed down, and in the dark. We move ahead slowly, groping and grasping, hoping to find a handhold.

The reality is, however, that God often does his best work in the darkness. As senior demon Screwtape says to junior demon Wormwood in The Screwtape Letters:

Now it may surprise you to learn that in His efforts to get permanent possession of a soul, he relies on the troughs [low points, valleys, etc.] even more than the peaks; some of his special favourites have gone through longer and deeper troughs than anyone else.

God does not throw trials at us haphazardly, like an angry fan throwing a beer bottle at a baseball player. He does not accidentally let trials slip into our lives, like an absent-minded babysitter. No, God deliberately leads us into the furnace of trials for very specific reasons. He does not waste suffering. He is not a sadist who derives sick pleasure from inflicting pain on his helpless creatures. Every trial we experience has been handcrafted by God for our good. Trials are God’s kiln. We are the clay, he is the master potter.

What good does God accomplish in the darkness? Here are just a few of the thousands of things God accomplishes.

He Forces Us to Rely on Him

Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. (2 Corinthians 1:9)

Trials remind us of what is already true: we are desperately dependent on God. We cannot function apart from God. We cannot make it to heaven apart from the sustaining grace of the God who raises dead men. God takes us through trials to decrease our self-confidence and increase our confidence in him.

He Produces Steadfastness in Us

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. (James 1:2-3)

Without steadfastness we will never make it to heaven. We will be like seed that springs up quickly but has no root. We will have the life choked out of us by the cares of this world. God wants us to have a steadfast, steady faith, which is not easily rocked by trial and hardship. Trials cause our faith to mature and become steadfast.

He Prepares Us to Comfort Others

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

When we experience trials we also experience God’s comfort in a unique way. As God’s comfort flows into our lives, we are then divinely prepared to comfort others who are enduring trials. We could not adequately comfort others if we didn’t first receive God’s comfort. Trials ready us to comfort others.

Charles Spurgeon, who was well acquainted with trials, said:

None of us can come to the highest maturity without enduring the summer heat of trials. As the sycamore fig never ripens if it be not bruised, as the corn does not leave the husk without threshing, and as wheat makes no fine flour till it be ground, so are we of little use till we are afflicted. Why should we be so eager to escape such benefits? We shall have to wait with patience, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.” He waited to give grace to us; let us wait to give glory to him.

Take heart – God is using the summer heat of trials to bring you to the highest maturity.

Find this and more at http://www.biblestudytools.com/.

“Do your own work well, and then you will have something to be proud of. But don’t compare yourself with others.” Galatians 6:4

Thank you Lord, for your Word.

steamed oxtail is a popular dish here the preparation sound very similar and yes it's great over jasmine rice ...that's the only rice I cook.

Oh Sis, guess what?

I saw an ox (several of them -- oxen) on a cooking show --- not in the yard behind my home... :look:

And they were grazing with cows. Soooooooooo now I know that oxen are also beef. :look:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AND the host of the show demonstrated how to make ox tail sauce. O my , he cooked it on a huge stove outside and then placed it into an outdoor oven.

First he browned it in the outdoor pot. Then he let it cook in the oven until it fell off the bone. After pulling the meat from the bone, he mixed it in a pot with onions and a bbq type sauce and spooned it over slices of beef tenderloin. It looked so good. :yep:

So.... thank you for my ox tail lesson the other day. :rofl: God confirmed it for me via a cooking show. :rofl:

@Nice & Wavy... this would taste good over the Jasmine rice....

Hmmmmmmmmm :scratchch:

steamed oxtail is a popular dish here the preparation sound very similar and yes it's great over jasmine rice ...that's the only rice I cook.

:wave: Hi Healthy Hair...

Nice & Wavy was giving me lessons on how to cook rice as I never had the hang of it.

Also, when she was telling me about ox-tails, I didn't 'get it' that an ox was the same as beef.

Ummmm, it's okay, you can laugh. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By coincidence (there's no coincidence with God), a cooking show came on the day after our conversation and low and behold the show host was on a farm with oxen and cows. AND..... Drum roll....... "I finally got it that an ox is the same as beef".

Okay.... take another laugh.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chile, I learn something new everyday....

:bighug:

Oh and I bet you make a mean oxtails too:lick::lick::lick:.

I just made some Jasmine rice with gravy/onions, veggies and porkchops:lick::lick:

You must put a recipe for your Oxtails so I can make them....:lick:

:wave: Hi Healthy Hair...

@Nice & Wavy was giving me lessons on how to cook rice as I never had the hang of it.

Also, when she was telling me about ox-tails, I didn't 'get it' that an ox was the same as beef.

Ummmm, it's okay, you can laugh. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By coincidence (there's no coincidence with God), a cooking show came on the day after our conversation and low and behold the show host was on a farm with oxen and cows. AND..... Drum roll....... "I finally got it that an ox is the same as beef".

Okay.... take another laugh.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chile, I learn something new everyday....

:bighug:
Shimmie, you aren't the only one that thought oxtails came from an Ox....:look:....:look::look::look:

Jesus you are testing my men. I will not be moved. I will not be broken Satan. Grab your purse and go back to where you belong under my feet!!

A message well received, especially today.

I Peter 4:10
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. (New Living Translation)

God created man in His image and after His likeness. After the fall, we stopped resembling God in any form or fashion. Now that He has regenerated us in Christ, He has given us tools that will help us accomplish His will even with a fallen nature. His great variety of spiritual gifts, combined with a great variety of personalities to work through, create a healthy body when properly applied. Peter tells us how to get the most out of our gifts. If what God has given you only promotes you, it isn't being used properly. God wants to use your gifts for His glory. In other words, God is glorified when His other children benefit from what He has given you. When the Bible says that your gift makes room for you, what He means is that your gift opens doors when you give it away! Once it has opened doors due to your service, then you can profit from it. Joseph told Pharaoh his dream at the risk that someone else might be chosen to assist in implementation. Others may have the same gift you do, but no one else is you! Trust God to take care of you as you serve the body with your gift. He will attach the proper value to it at the right time.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

One thing about women whose children follow God have seen that God is real in mothers' lives. They are not false witnesses, break the laws, or think Christianity is wearing a skirt down to your ankles along with weighing 300+lbs. They don't put their mouth on other people's children. You can't have a mess that is not exemplary and talking about others. Plus, their children are more successful than yours. Additionally, you engage in foolishness. The unsaved child will never come to Christ if you talk about everyone, don't practice what you preach and have no results since forever. A raggedity life is not what the unsaved ones want.

You have to be exemplary--speaking the word, living uprightly and God will grant you the desires of your heart.

People continually have a evil heart and speak not what they know of:nono::nono::nono:

If you take a post that a member has spoken from the heart and speak against it with shade....that is having a evil heart. Don't think that you will receive anything from the Lord.

The Lord is good and rich in mercy unto all who call upon His name. His name is the name that is above every name...AND at the name of Jesus, every knew shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of the Father.

May the Lord continue to allow me to be steadfast in His Grace which is sufficient for me, for He continues to bless me with blessings that overflows...I am one blessed Woman of God!!!

Psalm 15: 3-5
Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle?
Who may dwell in Your holy hill?

He who walks uprightly,
And works righteousness,
And speaks the truth in his heart;
He who does not backbite with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,

Nor does he take up a reproach against his friend;
in whose eyes a vile person is despised,
but who honors those who fear the Lord;
who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
who does not put out his money at interest
and does not take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be moved.

Last edited:
A message well received, especially today.
I Peter 4:10
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. (New Living Translation)

God created man in His image and after His likeness. After the fall, we stopped resembling God in any form or fashion. Now that He has regenerated us in Christ, He has given us tools that will help us accomplish His will even with a fallen nature. His great variety of spiritual gifts, combined with a great variety of personalities to work through, create a healthy body when properly applied. Peter tells us how to get the most out of our gifts. If what God has given you only promotes you, it isn't being used properly. God wants to use your gifts for His glory. In other words, God is glorified when His other children benefit from what He has given you. When the Bible says that your gift makes room for you, what He means is that your gift opens doors when you give it away! Once it has opened doors due to your service, then you can profit from it. Joseph told Pharaoh his dream at the risk that someone else might be chosen to assist in implementation. Others may have the same gift you do, but no one else is you! Trust God to take care of you as you serve the body with your gift. He will attach the proper value to it at the right time.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church
Love, love, love this!!!

This pastor's messages are always on time and on point!

I'm not a Dave Ramsey freak but I do like a pharse he uses I'm better than I deserve. Truly we all are better than we deserve esp if your reading this message because in the land of the living vs dead. Tonight's testimony of a couple in my small group blew my mind. I had to control myself from pacing the floor. Lord I should have been dead,in my grave. But Jesus,Jesus,Jesus! Lord you are so good, so merciful, just can't speak highly enough of you Lord. Even with the pain of being single and giving my all to not be I will still praise you because it could be worst. I will bear in mind that this will get better because those that he foreknew are predestined. So I will wait on the Lord even if my goal doesn't match God's.

Let have a great Friday beauties!

Receiving correction is never fun but correction when coming from proper people isn't the worst thing but it's a great thing.God corrects those he loves and are his kid. I use to feel so defensive about any type of correction. It's sorta embarassing to think about it. It was like physically painful. Now I desire it from those who are good only. I can also take the meat and spit out the bone with rude folks. God thank you for growth!

I got this in a email today. Thought about you loves!

People often ask me, "How can I know for sure whether I'm walking in the truth or walking according to my feelings and emotions?" I believe the answer is found in patience.

Emotions urge us to hurry, telling us that we must do something and do it right now! But godly wisdom tells us to wait until we have a clear picture of what it is we are to do and when we are to do it. Godly wisdom tells us to seek wise guidance and counsel before we rush into decisions.

We need to be able to back off and view our situation from God's perspective. We need to make decisions based on what we know rather than what we feel. We need to receive His wisdom and the wisdom of the trusted people He's placed in our lives.

When faced with any difficult decision, wait until you have a clear answer before taking a step that you may regret. Emotions are wonderful, but they must not be allowed to take precedence over wisdom and knowledge. Seek God's guidance and let Him show you what to do.

Prayer Starter: God, I won't rush into decisions and be led by my emotions. I commit to seeking Your wise guidance for the choices I make.

GoddessMaker, Thank u for sharing this!!!

God Often Does His Best Work in the Darkness
Being in the valley of trials stinks. It’s painful, disorienting, and confusing. As we stagger and stumble along we often wonder, Where is God? Why is he allowing me to go through this? We feel stuck and broken, like we can’t move forward. We are perplexed, crushed, weighed down, and in the dark. We move ahead slowly, groping and grasping, hoping to find a handhold.

The reality is, however, that God often does his best work in the darkness. As senior demon Screwtape says to junior demon Wormwood in The Screwtape Letters:

Now it may surprise you to learn that in His efforts to get permanent possession of a soul, he relies on the troughs [low points, valleys, etc.] even more than the peaks; some of his special favourites have gone through longer and deeper troughs than anyone else.

God does not throw trials at us haphazardly, like an angry fan throwing a beer bottle at a baseball player. He does not accidentally let trials slip into our lives, like an absent-minded babysitter. No, God deliberately leads us into the furnace of trials for very specific reasons. He does not waste suffering. He is not a sadist who derives sick pleasure from inflicting pain on his helpless creatures. Every trial we experience has been handcrafted by God for our good. Trials are God’s kiln. We are the clay, he is the master potter.

What good does God accomplish in the darkness? Here are just a few of the thousands of things God accomplishes.

He Forces Us to Rely on Him

Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. (2 Corinthians 1:9)

Trials remind us of what is already true: we are desperately dependent on God. We cannot function apart from God. We cannot make it to heaven apart from the sustaining grace of the God who raises dead men. God takes us through trials to decrease our self-confidence and increase our confidence in him.

He Produces Steadfastness in Us

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. (James 1:2-3)

Without steadfastness we will never make it to heaven. We will be like seed that springs up quickly but has no root. We will have the life choked out of us by the cares of this world. God wants us to have a steadfast, steady faith, which is not easily rocked by trial and hardship. Trials cause our faith to mature and become steadfast.

He Prepares Us to Comfort Others

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

When we experience trials we also experience God’s comfort in a unique way. As God’s comfort flows into our lives, we are then divinely prepared to comfort others who are enduring trials. We could not adequately comfort others if we didn’t first receive God’s comfort. Trials ready us to comfort others.

Charles Spurgeon, who was well acquainted with trials, said:

None of us can come to the highest maturity without enduring the summer heat of trials. As the sycamore fig never ripens if it be not bruised, as the corn does not leave the husk without threshing, and as wheat makes no fine flour till it be ground, so are we of little use till we are afflicted. Why should we be so eager to escape such benefits? We shall have to wait with patience, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.” He waited to give grace to us; let us wait to give glory to him.

Take heart – God is using the summer heat of trials to bring you to the highest maturity.

Find this and more at http://www.biblestudytools.com/.

I will try not to post anymore in here today lol. I was reflecting while walking and you know what. I so didn't think I would ever get to a point where I don't want to complain about my situation. I'm def not where I want to be at all but I want to focus on the good I can do while I'm in this place. I want to get to a point to help others in a major way that is really doing it for me but until my little words is all I got.

Sang this song in church yesterday....were you there? :lol: Girl...you are saying something, for real!!!

My Name is Victory
I've got evidence
I've got confidence
I'm a conqueror
I know that I win
I know who I am
God wrote it in his plan for me

Oh, Oh-Oh, Oh, Oh,
MY NAME IS VICTORY (2X)

God gave me AUTHORITY
To conquer THE ENEMY
He wrote in MY DESTINY
That my name is VICTORY
He said that I've OVERCOME
I know I've ALREADY WON
He wrote in my DESTINY
That my name is VICTORY

I know who I am
God wrote it in His plan for me

Oh, Oh-Oh, Oh, Oh
MY NAME IS VICTORY (2X's)

I know my identity, my name is victory

Victory
That's my name
Victory
I KNOW WHO I AM

http://youtu.be/9WoGBvtN--8

65267_10151394987448518_380733357_n.jpg

Matthew 23:12
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

It's truly a sad day when any of of us thinks they're the only one who can hear from God, that they feel the need to constantly debase another. What is so positive about being so negative? Until you come to your own resolve, you'll be enslaved to your own bitterness. I'm not standing in your way...you are.

I'll continue to be more like Christ, He's the perfect example to follow. No one else. :yep:

It's good to stay encouraged by those who choose to speak LIFE to us, despite our circumstances....

Enjoying this lovely tune today HOSANNA :love2:

Galatians 6:7-11
New International Version (NIV)
7*Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8*Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9*Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10*Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

What I learned about the Children of Israel during their walk in the wilderness is they complained about everything - good or bad -- til it hardened their hearts. They prayed for food, God gave them food. But they complained about the food, too. They got tired of manna and complained about that, forgetting they didn't have food in the first place. Their complained they were thirsty, He gave them water ... They complained about Moses misleading them ... they complained, and complained.... yet God continued to answer their prayers, with the love of a Father because He is God. A great lesson on His mercy, patience and forbearance; but we know His Spirit will not always strive with flesh.

Ro 8
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Just reminiscing....this is good stuff!!!

Back