*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

I just put in twists over the weekend (7th of April) and I will keep this until the end of May. I usually can go up to 16-18 wks but I will miss my natural hair too much so 8 wks it is. Saying this now though I may change my mind later on. It was not done tightly and there is no pain that is why I love my braider. She did them in 5 hrs my friend had hers done 2 wks ago by another lady and hers was 12 hrs.

Took braids out a few days ago. Only got 3 weeks because I didn't shampoo with the stocking cap... I do have a little breakage at my roots which I believe is from me wearing a scarf too often so to fix I'm going back to my satin pillowcase and using a moisturizing dc weekly.

In senegalese twists for the exam period, cya on the other side!
Blonde on top, brown on the bottom :) Curled ends wooo!

Attachments

• Photo on 10-04-2012 at 00.54.jpg
    Photo on 10-04-2012 at 00.54.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Q: Anyone ever leave their box braids in their hair longer than 8 weeks? I can not afford to get mine redone and wearing my hair out is not an option

^the longest I've gone in box braids is 6wks.

I'm still maintaining braids, but I swear it doesn't look like I'm making any progress. I am losing so much hair during take down. I'm going to try adding vitamins. I will admit although I drink plenty of water, my diet could stand some fine tuning.

Last edited:
Q: Anyone ever leave their box braids in their hair longer than 8 weeks? I can not afford to get mine redone and wearing my hair out is not an option

I kept my last set in for 10 weeks, and I plan to keep this set in for 12. However, I re-do portions every two weeks, which keeps it looking fresh.

Redid my box braids last night. Will be rocking these under a wig for about a month and then putting in box braid extensions.

I updated my regimen to washing every 2-4 weeks

Update pic: mini twists

033012210522.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh guys, everyone is so good at protective styling. My hair matts and tangles in twists or box braids, and looks fuzzy in cornrows. My buns quickly look like they are sitting on two months of new growth. But I keep trying. I just worked my way up to keeping a protective style three days, with daily scalp washes, and I am so proud :lachen: I am sharing my reggie for the fine, thin, tangled, and matting challenged.

For Styling after a leave in/oil I added a heavy seal with gel/royal crown. Placed my hair in a milkmaid braid, and waxed the edges. I have been able to wash, rinse and oil this style daily, tie it up and look decent. Very happy. Will see if royal crown/gel will hold my flat twist this week

I've had my box braids in since feb 20, so tomorrow will be two months exactly. I don't have the money to get them redone nor do I feel like taking them out. I'm just afraid to keep them in. I'm finally starting to make progress with my hair again and want to keep it up. I might just take them out next weekend. The problem is, I still haven't found a way to manage my natural hair without straighten it. ugh

Gosh guys, everyone is so good at protective styling. My hair matts and tangles in twists or box braids, and looks fuzzy in cornrows. My buns quickly look like they are sitting on two months of new growth. But I keep trying. I just worked my way up to keeping a protective style three days, with daily scalp washes, and I am so proud :lachen: I am sharing my reggie for the fine, thin, tangled, and matting challenged.

For Styling after a leave in/oil I added a heavy seal with gel/royal crown. Placed my hair in a milkmaid braid, and waxed the edges. I have been able to wash, rinse and oil this style daily, tie it up and look decent. Very happy. Will see if royal crown/gel will hold my flat twist this week

How often do you wash your hair while the box braids are in? I remember before I started washing my hair with braids, I would have matted hair from the dirt that built up.

This is wk 3 of my Senegalese twists and now the washing starts from here. I will cowash and then shampoo the other week and keep going. My leave in is Jane Carter and then when I get my avj this Friday I will make a Kimmaytube mix. My DC will be AOWC plus my fav oils castor oil etc. I plan to keep this until the end of May. My Growth aide is JBCO until I finish then I will switch.

How often do you wash your hair while the box braids are in? I remember before I started washing my hair with braids, I would have matted hair from the dirt that built up.

I didn't wash that often with box braids, if I washed them at all, and I had matted hair with build up. How often do you wash your box braids?

I washed yesterday, these braids are looking fuzzy sooner than my twists did. Either my hair is growing faster than the last set, or the braids just allow for more frizz.

im know im late, but can i squeeeze my way in here?
i plan on cornrow/half wigging it throughout the summer. perfect challenge for me.

I've had these braids in for 5 weeks, so I'm re-doing all of the front braids to be able to keep them in for at last another 6 weeks., hopefully 7.

Wk 5 of twists. I am currently using JBCO, eucalyptus and PPO as a GA. When that is finished I will use something else. I really dread taking them down that will take such a long time. Even though my braider put them in, in 5 hours. Come May 25-27th I am taking them down.

I now have some ACV (Bragg). I got this for £4.99 in revital health store. I will be doing some rinses here on out.

I had a braid come out last night from my nape area and it snatched my hair out with it. I've only had these for a 4 or 5 weeks :/

Haven't checked in for a minute, but still going strong. I've been in twists for 5 weeks, my own hair, no extensions. I had them in for 3 weeks, took them out for a PT and DC, and retwisted the following day. I'll take these down on May 18, wear a braidout for May 19, and retwist for another 3 weeks on the 20th. My hair has REALLY responded well to being left alone for extended periods of time :yep:.

ready2gro, that sucks!

Taking down my senegalese twists this week that have been in since Feb 22nd. Plan to wash, protein and DC before get new twists on May 19th. One more 3 month cylce and I will have been in braids for 1 year straight.

Last edited:
:peek2:

I'm planning to install some form of cornrows next weekend...mind if I join you ladies? I could use the accountability...

Last edited:
Praying that I can keep this set in till July, don't want to do anything with my hair again till then (as far as styling goes).

Back