*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

I'm also taking down my twists today after having them in for about 6 weeks. Should I oil my roots to make the twists easier to slide out?[/QUOTE

If you find that they're being kinda stubborn I would just put some conditioner on the whole head and let it marinate overnight, if you can or at least 2 hrs...then unravelling and detangling should be a breeze. After 6 weeks there's alot of shed hairs so that's what I do or else detangling would take longer and I might lose more hair/breakage.

I am taking these twist out this weekend, at that point they will have been in for 10 weeks. I will wear my own hair for a couple of weeks, and then I will either put in a set of individual braids or more senegalese twists.

Its so cool that a few of us have the same take down day! I had two knots that I thought I'd have to cut out during take down but Vo5 chamomile conditioner came to the rescue.

Checking in ...

Still rocking my yarn twists from January 15th ... I am planning on taking this set out on the 9th of March. I cannot wait to get these joints out of my head- I'm so missing my hair right now. I think I will PS with a wig for a month or so, so I'm able to wash/condition bi-weekly instead of once a month. I will check in with you ladies once the twists are out to share my growth results ... :)

Im in the process of redoing my natural braids, for some reason they only lasted 2wks this time around, I can usually get about 6wks wear out of them:perplexed. Keeping my hair wet with water everyday and sealing with natural oils.

self installed some yarn braids on the 17th and will leave them in till May 11th. That's 12 weeks and of course I'll be redoing individual braids as needed to stop strain.

In fact, I'm a novice braider and did the initial install too loose' so I've already done some re-tightening. :lachen:

After the three months are up I'm gonna treat myself to a day at the salon and a trim. This challenge is gonna be "home" to me this year. HHG!

Installed some tree braids for the first time. I used Milky Ways wet and wavy micro braiding hair which was surprisingly pricey. I liked the style but i dont think my braider did a good job on the cornrows, they are very detectable. I will be wearing alot of head bands. over its a cute hair style hopefully i can keep them in for at least 6 weeks. Below are pics of it before i wet it. I will post pics of it wet later on.

Snapshot_20120229_3.jpg

I'm gonna put my hair in twists or braids without extensions for two weeks and then I will install a set of individual braids. I plan to make them pretty small, so it will more than likely take more than one day, but I will be sure to do a length check first for the end of March check in.

I had my hair done in Senegalese twists on 2/22 and will keep these in until May 22nd if they last. I already miss my hair but I just can handle the two textures.

March length check @15. Also forgot to mention, this month is my 3 yr naptural anniversary as well as 2 yr BC.

Attachments

• March LC.JPG
    March LC.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
eocceas Well done!!

I am still here. I have been twisting my hair and scarfing it up. I will be putting my hair into twists until April. I will be 2 yrs post BC (9 month transition) and wow time has gone but not without its ups and downs. I need to trim my hair so I will do that in April also. All is going well.

eocceas, girl your shrinkage is out of this world. I would have never guessed by it, that you were practically WL. Congrats hun. You are doing so well.

@eocceas, girl your shrinkage is out of this world. I would have never guessed by it, that you were practically WL. Congrats hun. You are doing so well.

Lol I know, I normally keep my pics close so I could whip it out cuz no one would believe me by 1st glance.

I've been in crochet braids for 2 weeks now :)
They've been great in that i can leave my hair alone and get on with my revision.
I trimmed my hair a bit before putting them in, so hopefully i will get a net gain of growth by the time i take them out :)

Woah eocceas congrats on achieving all of your hair goals!!! That picture was dope- I looked at the length and saw the shrinkage then my jaw dropped. That is super dope and I can't wait to be able to pull my hair down that looowwwww. :)

I took my yarn twists out and dusted my ends on the 11th; it was much needed and I could instantly tell a difference once I got those scraggly ends off. I went ahead and made my own wig y'all ... yes honey, I did that. I watched HairDeLaCreme on youtube and made it do what it do. I have been wearing my hair in its natural state for over a year and a half, so wearing the wig was kinda out of my element but I am cool.

I really love the fact that I can M/S everyday and that I can GHE like I wanted to. I am looking forward to making another wig (3/4 wig) but curly this time around. But until then, I am rocking this wig and taking care of my hair/scalp underneath. I read somewhere about baggying under the wig- I don't know how that works so I am going to do some research on that approach. Check y'all later ... Nf

I'm back in celie braids. Cornrows caused a lot of breakage at my crown where they all started. :ohwell: I'm going to follow AfricanExport (YT) wig reggie for now. I just ordered a straight wig and if it ever gets here I'll probably have to figure something else out to make my hair flat underneath.

My hair December 11, 2011:
DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

March 16 2012:
Photoon2012-03-16at20312.jpg

Photoon2012-03-16at2031.jpg

I am currently putting in individual braids and will wear them until the June length check. Happy Growing ladies!!! You can see the progress much better in my progress video on Youtube.

Last edited:
Phony pony with a long time kinky curly wig of mine. It can no longer fit over my entire head so I've found a new purpose for it.:yep:
Hair is in a twisted bun...

Attachments

• phony pony2.jpg
    phony pony2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 46
  • phony pony.jpg
    phony pony.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 40
  • phony pony3.jpg
    phony pony3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 31
Been in my box braids for about 6 weeks. Taking them down Sunday. Will do another set, but I found that my hair does best with 5 weeks of braids. After that things get a little too fuzzy and tangly for my liking.

Progress Check

march31st.jpg

Update
On my second set of braided root twists only going to last 3 weeks instead of four but I'm on week 3 so who knows maybe I can get four.

Reggie Update
wash 2x week - BWC Rosemary Mint Tea Tree or Everyday Shea Shampoo
condition or leave in - Elucence or Vo5 Conditioner
moisturize - MSM, water, evoo, evco, and eucalyptus, tea tree, and cassia oil spritz
seal - evco or earthly delight pomade (it's getting hot so I'll switch to hs14in1)

Thoughts
I started at the 3, my goal for june is the 9

Last edited:
Gonna wash these braids today. I've only had these in for two weeks, but exercise is making them look a lot older. Ugghhh

Back