*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Checking In,

I hope everyone is doing well ... still PSing with twist extensions. I had to re-do the front of my hair because I had some growth, which made my hair look two months old instead of three weeks old. I am still co-washing regularly, applying MN mix often, and keepin' it pushin'. After reviewing posts, I promised a picture of what the style looked like but I still haven't done it (small glimpse of what my life is like) but I will ask the hubz to help me out so I can be a woman of my word.

Twist are working out so well for me at this length, I might try to wear them all summer. They are very easy to do, and I am told that you can build up speed if you twist all the time. I love wearing my unstretched twist down. My hair looks so thin stretched that I don't like to bun, but maybe when it is longer, it will get thicker.

Do you think that wearing the twist down will slow my progress as my ends aren't protected

I'm at week with these braid extensions. Hoping to make it to August 1st, which would pur me right at 11 weeks. I already have a lot of new growth, so I think it's been worth it.

Twist are working out so well for me at this length, I might try to wear them all summer. They are very easy to do, and I am told that you can build up speed if you twist all the time. I love wearing my unstretched twist down. My hair looks so thin stretched that I don't like to bun, but maybe when it is longer, it will get thicker.

Do you think that wearing the twist down will slow my progress as my ends aren't protected

I think that if you moisturize regularly and put some oil on the ends, you should continue to see speedy progress.

Checking in. I am in twists with my own hair. I will redo them on Sunday. I am loving the LOC method as it keeps it moisturised.

I got my box braids done yesterday. I plan to keep them in until the end of Dec. I'm about full BSB grazing BSL. I hope to get 4" by the end of this challange. :)

Checking In,

I am still in my box twist extensions ... I have attached a picture of the style/length of this install. I am enjoying this long hair ... I hope you all are doing well. I cannot wait until our next check-in so we can see how PSing has paid off for us!! :yep:

Side: braids1.jpg

Back: braids2.jpg

HHG!!!!!!!!

I just re-did the braids at my hairline over the weekend, tomorrow they will have been in for 5 weeks, that leaves another 7. I must say, the first five went by fast. Can't wait for the next and final phase of the challenge.

Taking my box braid extension out right now. I have the slowest growing hair in the world. I feel my hair looks the same length as it did when I put these in. I know it's grown some because I color and the roots are horrendous. But still, I feel it's going to take forever to see some real progress. :ohwell:

Checking In,

I will be taking out my twist extensions in a week or two (overdue) and trying my hand at mini braiding. I just hope I do it right and that it looks full. I wanted to try mini twists but got worried when I read that some textures experience locing with that hairstyle. I will be sure to send pics once it is completed, I hope you all are doing well.

Last edited:
I've had these braids in for 7 weeks and they still look great so I am shooting for at least 4, but maybe 5 more weeks. I'm trying to decide what my style fore the next session will be, so far I have done individuals, senegalese twists, cornrows, and box braids. Maybe a sew in or crochet braids, dunno yet.

In my second week of twist. They look rachet. The roots untwisted, as did the end, but one little spot in the middle is starting to lock :lachen:

In my second week of twist. They look rachet. The roots untwisted, as did the end, but one little spot in the middle is starting to lock :lachen:

Ahaha :lol: , what on earth happened?

I just shampooed and conditioned and oiled my hair under my crochet braids.
Much needed!
Coming towards the end of my second week in them....they look frizzy..but lets just call it 'natural looking', eh?

Hi ladies,

is it too late to join, i have neglected my hair lately and want to nourish and do the crown and glory till end of the year!
i am planning on putting medium size 2 strands twist without extension.
just need help on how to look after twist (moisturising, washing...) to make them last for 2 weeks!

thanks

Just put in some box braids on my own hair. Will be wearing them under my wig for school. Hoping to make these last 5 weeks.

After 10 weeks, my box braids were just too much in this heat. I took them out yesterday and am getting cornrows put in tonight.

Hi ladies! I think I'm I'm this challenge, but I haven't really posted a lot bc I've just been hiding my hair underneath wigs and buning for most of the year. As of this weekend I'm back on kinky twists. I'm planning on keeping them in for two months and getting them redone in October. Keeping fingers crossed and praying for growth.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Cornow Extensions:
photo+1.JPG

photo+2.JPG

photo+4.JPG

I will keep these in until the end of this phase of the challenge.

I am SO SICK of wearing extensions!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now that is over, I will enjoy these cornrows. HOWEVER, I think I will do the last quarter of this challenge using my own hair. Maybe.......

Checking In Ladies:

I am bunning/pinning my hair up to protect my ends from the elements. I had every intention in the world to begin the mini braids for PSing this weekend but realized that this is not going to happen for a couple weeks. Hopefully, since I have my ends put away I am still within the guidelines of the challenge. I flirted with throwing some medium size twists in (no extensions) to hold me over until I can do the mini braids. I will think more about it on Friday and make a choice then.

I hope you are all doing well!!

When I take these cornrows out, I think I will give my hair line a four week break from extensions. I haven't had any problems so far and I would like to keep it that way. I'll probably wear some chunky twists or mini braids, depends on how much patience I have at the time.

Hello ladies,

I decided to put some medium twists in my hair because my hair being 'out' was not working for me. I would get in the mirror and look at my hair ... waiting for it to do something, wondering why it wasn't doing something, and thinking about what I could do to it to make it look better/grow faster/etc. It was annoying. I was noticing little broken hairs on occasion when I would try to re-style it in my updos (probably because I was doing TOO much.) My hair likes being left alone and the only way that I would comply is if it was twisted up or sumn.

The entire process took about two/three hours- I got a little hang time now and I am feeling the fact that I can twist my own hair and make a descent style. I remember getting my hair twisted once before and barely being able to put it in a ponytail. Now, I got something like a little bun poppin off- I am very pleased about that.

This weekend I am going out with my hubs and I plan on wearing my hair fro'd out. I am going to untwist these joints, fork my hair out gently, and keep it pushing. I plan on re-twisting my hair back up next Monday; with the texture of my hair, I am sure I can keep that set in for a strong three weeks before they get trifling.

I hope you all are doing well!

Back