*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

I have been conflicted with the thoughts ofgetting my hair braided down and wigging it out for all these challenges and truth be told, the one thing that grew my hair from less than shoulder length to full thick APL with regular trims in a year was wigging it out.

I am going back to doing LadyPaniolo's wig method. This way, I can control how to deep condition my hair sensibly an in a timely fashion.

This time, I will incorporate the LOC method with some GHE baggying using softened African Shea Butter mixed with JBCO.

Been braided for a month now. Those 4 weeks flew by. I hope I can get another 4 weeks out of this set--they don't look too bad.

New cornrows with individuals at the back. will keep these in for the entire month of feb. next are tree braids for my miami trip.

ETA my hair braider was soo blown away at the condition of my hair.:grin: she kept playing in it and saying how beautiful and moisturized and soft it was.

thank you baggying lol:love2:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120204_3.jpg
    Snapshot_20120204_3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 54
Took my kinky twists out today after 12 weeks. Just finished washing and about to sleep on my DC. Will be getting Senegalese twists on Wednesday for another 12 week stretch.

The Celie braids thing is getting old now. Thinking about going to the braid shop tomorrow and let them cornrow my hair then I'll probably do crochet braids. I haven't decide what type of hair to use but I need something that's not going to frizz up. I plan to cowash almost everyday.

The crochet braids were so, SO not for me...as carefully as I tried to take them out, my hair was snarled and snagged on the added hair :( I had a mini setback, but as someone on this board said correctly, a setback is a set-up for a comeback.

I'm back to hiding my hair in my trusty Senegalese Twists, and will not be doing crochet braids again for a long time.
My senegalese twists right now are long (W-hip length) and in the colour 30/33.
I just finished putting them in and dipping the ends in hot water in two Pocahontas braids for a wavy effect.
I'm keeping the big braids in to go to sleep so my hair can dry in the shape, then will undo tomorrow and post some pictures :)
Till then, ladies! :)

edit: added pictures :)
edit 2: just realised how many smiley faces I use ...

Attachments

• Photo on 06-02-2012 at 02.11 #3.jpg
    Photo on 06-02-2012 at 02.11 #3.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Photo on 06-02-2012 at 01.46.jpg
    Photo on 06-02-2012 at 01.46.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'm back to hiding my hair in my trusty Senegalese Twists, and will not be doing crochet braids again for a long time.
My senegalese twists right now are long (W-hip length) and in the colour 30/33.
I just finished putting them in and dipping the ends in hot water in two Pocahontas braids for a wavy effect.
I'm keeping the big braids in to go to sleep so my hair can dry in the shape, then will undo tomorrow and post some pictures :)
Till then, ladies! :)

SkySurfer Pretty. What kind of hair did you use?

Checking in....

I'm still in mini twists. i hope to keep them in for another 3 weeks. Today i moisturized with braid spray + surge.

I have cornrows and individuals right now for feb. I will put the tree braids in after and when those get old i want super long seng. twists. yeah i pre plan my braids lol

If I keep these in until the 17th it'll be 4 full weeks OMG ya'll don't understand I've never been able to keep a style that long (not as an adult anyway) I'm so thankful for this challenge. If take down isn't a horrible mess I've found my signature style YEP!

Argh..I went to a pizza shop with my mates and now my twists smell of pizza grease lol...I don't want to wash my twists this early after installing, so i'm hoping a good airing-out will get rid of the smell...

Random edit: I just measured a section of hair in the back and it's 9.5 inches :)
Last time i measured, which was a few months back (can't say when, but not more than 4 months back), it was around 7.5-8 inches
Nice to know I'm doing something right with this regimen! |:)

Last edited:
Been in these box braids for 5 weeks now. I almost always take my hair out at 6 weeks but I'm gonna try and hang in there a little longer this time. I'm shooting for at least 7 weeks but 8 weeks would be ideal.

Anyways, my braids don't look too bad but I am beginning to get antsy and want to see my new growth. Every time I think of taking these braids out, I relive the 6 butt hurting hours I spent at the African Braid Shop with two ladies in my hair screaming at each other in Doula while pulling my head in different directions---and I keep my hands out of my hair.

Been in these box braids for 5 weeks now. I almost always take my hair out at 6 weeks but I'm gonna try and hang in there a little longer this time. I'm shooting for at least 7 weeks but 8 weeks would be ideal.

Anyways, my braids don't look too bad but I am beginning to get antsy and want to see my new growth. Every time I think of taking these braids out, I relive the 6 butt hurting hours I spent at the African Braid Shop with two ladies in my hair screaming at each other in Doula while pulling my head in different directions---and I keep my hands out of my hair.

haha Doula, that's what my dad speaks to me :)

I've had my twist in for 8 weeks now, I plan to keep them in for another 4, but I am itching to see my hair. Oh well, I will just wash them instead.

I am still in this challenege as I am still wigging it over cornrowed hair ladies and loving it:yep:.

I gym'd it today, so I washed my hair today with diluted Alberto Balsam Mint Shampoo and conditioned with diluted Alberto Balsam Raspberry Conditioner.
Then I let it dry, and re-did my front edges, sprayed with my braid mix and now my hair is looking and smelling nice and fresh! :)

I took about a week and a half off and had flat ironed hair. I'm back to braids. I DC with steam and finger detangle each section then braid it. I rinse with the braids in and leave them to dry overnight. The next day, I'm taking them out and cornrowing my hair straight back in 2 levels (sorta hard to explain). I bun them at home and put on a wig to go out.

I'm really liking cornrows at the moment. Idk if I'll go back to large plaits.

Since the beginning of the year I have been doing two flat twist. It is easy to do, quick. Hoping to get to Full APL for Mother's day.

Taking down all my box braids after 7 weeks. Will DC tomorrow and rebraid on Sunday and hope to leave them up for 6-7 weeks.

Just a few update photos. This is how I wear my hair 95% of the time, in some sort of twist updo, if I don't have it covered under a wig.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 36
  • Feb 5.jpg
    Feb 5.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 30
  • twist.jpg
    twist.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 38
I'm also taking down my twists today after having them in for about 6 weeks. Should I oil my roots to make the twists easier to slide out?

Before I started this and once I got my length check shirt I had my guy check it say late December on my shirt the back was at the 3 put braids in mid Jan took them out yesterday and it's between the 5 and 6. I thought I was hallucinating so I needed him to be a witness after I let him dust this week they're going back in. I'm very happy even if it is normal growth. 2 1/2 inches in basically w month I haven't been getting that, and after I feel my ends I doubt I need a dust

Last edited:
Back