*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

Hello ladies,

I decided to put some medium twists in my hair because my hair being 'out' was not working for me. I would get in the mirror and look at my hair ... waiting for it to do something, wondering why it wasn't doing something, and thinking about what I could do to it to make it look better/grow faster/etc. It was annoying. I was noticing little broken hairs on occasion when I would try to re-style it in my updos (probably because I was doing TOO much.) My hair likes being left alone and the only way that I would comply is if it was twisted up or sumn.

The entire process took about two/three hours- I got a little hang time now and I am feeling the fact that I can twist my own hair and make a descent style. I remember getting my hair twisted once before and barely being able to put it in a ponytail. Now, I got something like a little bun poppin off- I am very pleased about that.

This weekend I am going out with my hubs and I plan on wearing my hair fro'd out. I am going to untwist these joints, fork my hair out gently, and keep it pushing. I plan on re-twisting my hair back up next Monday; with the texture of my hair, I am sure I can keep that set in for a strong three weeks before they get trifling.

I hope you all are doing well!

Any pics of the twists?

MissMusic said:
Any pics of the twists?

Girl, I ain't gonna lie … I can't do the pics, my hair is not pic worthy. But when I redo the style and get my skills poppin', I will post one for everyone's viewing pleasure.

HHG, I hope everyone is doing well …

I braided those "Solange" butt-length braids about 3 weeks ago for my vacation, and I LOVE them!:grin::grin::grin:

I only used 2 packs of extensions, so they're super light. Already gotten major growth, so I plan to touch up this weekend.

This will probably be my style for the rest of 2012! :)

Attachments

• Long Braids 1.jpg
    Long Braids 1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Long Braids 2.jpg
    Long Braids 2.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 80
I've had these cornrows in for a week and they already look fuzzy, so I will definitely only keep these in for four weeks. I will then let my hair rest for at least 3 weeks and then I will have crochets twist put in for the last portion of this challenge. I'll post some length photos before I have the crochet hair put in. I can't believe we are so close to the last quarter of this challenge.

Keep going ladies, we are weeks away from the home stretch!

Gonna take these cornows out next weekend, do a hard Aphogee treatment and give my hairline a three week break by wearing my hair in loose styles.

I have been successfully wearing braids non-stop since April 2011. It has been 1 year, 4 months going strong!
I went natural in 2010, and after a keratin treatment disaster later that year I started to experience a lot of breakage. I put braids back in.

I now have around 9.5 inches of health hair. I'm very pleased with that. I am not planning on removing my braids until I have 12 inches to work with. Then....I'm staying natural for a very long time!

I have a very simple regime. I use Head and Shoulders shampoo plus conditioner. I put oil on my scalp after every wash, which is about every 2-3 days depending on the weather. I am obsessed with having a clean smelling scalp. I rebraid my edges every 2 weeks. I put Dr. Miracles Temple and Nape Gro Balm on my edges to keep them healthy. It works VERY well for me! I was experiencing some breakage late in 2011 and I started using the balm. I added some biotin to it also. My edges are in excellent shape for being in braids this long!

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 91
I have my twist for a least three weeks now, and they look like they are dreaded. I am getting compliments on my dreads now :lachen:

Thinking I am going to put my hair into a TWB and keep the twist for a few more weeks.

I took my cornorws out and put in a set of mini braids (no extension hair). I am gonna wear these as long as they will last to give my hair line a break from extensions.

mini+braids.jpg

I took my cornorws out and put in a set of mini braids (no extension hair). I am gonna wear these as long as they will last to give my hair line a break from extensions.

I hope my hair looks as good as yours when I do this style. Super cute girlfriend! How long did the process take? TIA.

Checking In ...

On Thursday, I individually took my loose twists out and did mini braids- the process took about eight to ten hours, broken up over two days. It really was not as bad as the sessions I had with yarn braids and twists with extensions ... maybe it took me so long to complete those installs because I would add extensions that landed at my tailbone. I digress ...

I did a moisturizing deep conditioner with Nexxus Humectress, Grapeseed Oil, and a cap of SAA. I added a couple of plastic caps to get it steamy and left the mix in for a couple of hours. Before washing out, I applied Everyday Shea on top of the d/c, left that on for a few minutes, and rinsed out with cool water.

I had a thing of Cantu Shea that I chose to try again- I had great results. When I first used the product, I hated it (probably cause I had a GRIP of other products on top of it) but now, I like it alot. This weekend, I will use my cholesterol for my light protein treatment and alternate moisture/protein from there. I plan on holding off on GHE (although I love it) because my hair looks like it hasn't been done in many moons after I do. I will GHE again, I just don't know when ...

I am back on Biotin ... I got a gentle reminder from Chicoro's email this weekend about B vitamins and how they have a positive effect on hair growth. Biotin worked well for me, I just have to keep it in rotation. My plan is to begin working out again since I am back down to one job.

(Exercise really helps my hair grow fortunately/unfortunately) ...

I am trying to take a good picture of my hair and share with you ladies but my photo taking skills are wack.

I hope you all are doing well ...

Hey guys, I am transitioning to natural and I would like to join.

I've had some Senegalese twists in for about 4 weeks now. The stylist told me not to wash for 3 weeks so the twists would not unravel. Like a fool I waited like 2 weeks and this caused dry scalp flakes and product buildup to clump around the base of my hair and it's become matted.

I was thinking about taking it out row by row and re-doing them myself. Also, I was thinking of just wearing my hair like this for the duration of my transition without breaks (no big chop). What do you guys think?

Today makes 6 weeks in these mini braids. I plan on keeping them until December 19, which would make 4 full months with them in. I've been doing a modified Cathy Howse regimen and that seems to be helping my hair a lot.

Hey guys, I am transitioning to natural and I would like to join.

I've had some Senegalese twists in for about 4 weeks now. The stylist told me not to wash for 3 weeks so the twists would not unravel. Like a fool I waited like 2 weeks and this caused dry scalp flakes and product buildup to clump around the base of my hair and it's become matted.

I was thinking about taking it out row by row and re-doing them myself. Also, I was thinking of just wearing my hair like this for the duration of my transition without breaks (no big chop). What do you guys think?

IMO, it would be wise to take them out and redo each row. My fear is that you'll have a horrible detangling session if you wait or worse, lose hair unnecessarily.

Many ladies do a long term transition so they won't have to BC … I (unknowingly) transitioned for nine months to natural. When it was all said and done, my relaxed hair broke off so much that a BC wasn't needed. Make sure you take good care of your `real' hair so you can transition at the pace you like. HTH and welcome to the challenge!!

I bought the hair today and am putting my hair in Havana twists tmrrw, and as usual, pics will be forthcoming.

I decided to do crochet braids instead. I hope to wear these for at least six weeks and then get another set to take me to the end of the Challenge!

Attachments

• image-265070674.jpg
    image-265070674.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3124126901.jpg
    image-3124126901.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 47
… Checking In:

I am still in mini braids, cowashing daily/every other day. I have been active in the MN challenge since last week, hoping for an extra boost of growth. I also seal my ends with vaseline to help retain my length.

I plan on taking my braids down in one week and reinstall the following week. I hope my parting skills are better this next time around. I plan on keeping that style in for five to six weeks. That will take me right up to my hair appointment … I plan on getting my hair flat ironed for my reveals over NYE weekend. I'm really excited for that!!!

HHG …

I went swimming and had to wash my crochet braids, as a result they will probably only last me for four weeks instead of six. Oh well!

Just started week 9 of my mini braids. It'll be a miracle if they last until the end of the week, let alone Dec. 20. I'm probably going to slowly transition them to twists or cornrows to change it up a bit.

Checking in:

Completed mini braid install, cowashed, and sealed ends with vaseline. I applied my MN mix on my scalp, as well. I think I will be BSB (back) and struggling for APL (front) by December. All in all, I'm happy with the progress my hair has made …

I hope you all are doing well …

I took out my crochet braids and I plan to protective style and go into hair recovery mode until the end of the challenge. I will post update pics then.

I did convert my mini braids to fat twists after 10 weeks of having them in. Will try to keep the twists for 2 weeks.

This week I remembered that I began this challenge early, 12/15/2011, so I am only 6 weeks away from the end! I cannot wait to take my final pics cause I know I made some awesome progress.

Last edited:
Haven't been in braids or twists for about 2 weeks but I have been protective styling by bunning. I plan on doing another set of braid on the 19th or 20th and have them taking me until my salon visit at the end of the year. That will be when I take pictures for the update.

Checking In:

I'm still in mini braids. I continue to co-wash frequently and use MN four or five times a week (give or take a day.) Since my last check in, I dusted twice within the same month … I won't be dusting again until March.

I'm noticing new growth and plan on going three more weeks before taking this set of braids down. I hope that my dusting twice in one month didn't cause a mini setback towards my goal … we shall see in a couple weeks.

I hope you all are doing well …

Back