*2012* Crown & Glory BootCamp Challenge!!!

I hate to have to cut my hair again but I know if I don't, nothing good will come from my retention. Anyhoo, I just invested in a better quality wig. (Or so I hope). These wigs are close to $400. SMH Hoping it will last for the rest of the year and then some. I got it from www.rpgshow.com

I did a little trim and added box braid extensions on Thursday. I plan on keeping them in until mid July or early August.

Twists are out. I have missed my hair. Now it will rest for the next 3 wks but it will be protected. I will twist up my hair soon.

My cornrows have been in a week and a half, I am still learning, and I don't think my parts are that creative. First I think I am going to master the art of the really clean straight part, and go from there. Planning on practicing threading for the June length checks

cant decide which one want to do next. :perplexed

170010954653420770_L1xDqUTD_c.jpg

tumblr_m4fqmpL5uB1qgd49po1_1280.jpg

I love the first one. I was thinking of getting that style as well, but couldn't find a picture of the size and length I want....the pic you posted is perfect.

I did a little trim and added box braid extensions on Thursday. I plan on keeping them in until mid July or early August.

B_Phlyy I'm just learning how to put in box braids myself. How do you do them? I use a single strand of extension and braid my hair in (If that makes sense :lol:) but my braids don't come out 'even'. (Ie in a single braid it doesn't look uniform, clumpier)

How do you braid to get have your braid extensions the same relative width? :spinning:

B_Phlyy I'm just learning how to put in box braids myself. How do you do them? I use a single strand of extension and braid my hair in (If that makes sense :lol:) but my braids don't come out 'even'. (Ie in a single braid it doesn't look uniform, clumpier)

How do you braid to get have your braid extensions the same relative width? :spinning:

I split the extension hair in two and fold them over each other and attach to my hair. I will try to find a video to explain what I'm talking about.

ETA: She starts at about 4:00 with the technique I use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2jZIs54wLs

Choosing the correct amount of hair comes from practice I guess. I've been doing my own extensions for about 10 years so I just part my hair, grab the extension hair and go.

Last edited:
Hello All,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My PSing is still going strong, I am very proud of myself for being consistent with this challenge because I have noticed greater length retention and healthier hair overall. I have made a new wig ... I am getting better at it and looking forward to the next time I get some extra money so I can try a new style. For me, making wigs are really cool because I like to change my style often! Here are the pix ... I hope you all have a great day!!!

FRONT.jpg SIDE.jpg

I'm still in cornrows, however I am itching to just play with my hair. It will be a challenge to put my hair away this next round, but I will because this has been great for my hair. Happy Growing!

Being creative is helping me stick with these twists. I get bored so easily with PSes, but its the only way I'm able to do whatever style I want without damaging my own hair in the process. Patience patience...

Summertime and parties are coming...lord help me. This is the time of the year that I normally really want to wear my hair out a bit, so I'm going to have to be that much more creative with my twists to get through it.

This current set is a hot fuzzy mess, but they come out on Friday, and a new set goes in on Saturday for 3 weeks. I'll wear my hair out for Afro Day on 7/4, then put it back up at least until my BF's b-day on 8/30. I think I can commit to that right now :yep:.

The first picture is banging ... do you happen to know what kind of hair to use to get that result? TIA :)

NaturalfienD i used a brand of synthetic hair called xpressions. its super long. i bought it from an african bss because the korean one either did not have it or didn't know what i was referring to. :ohwell:

this stuff is like 24 inches long!
1%20xpression-web.jpg

ive decided to save money use this hair and install my own box braids this time. my braids are not professional looking but decent enough to get me through the next few weeks. i will be making them pretty thick and large. hopefully i can be done in the next few hrs or so. will post pics later.

@NaturalfienD i used a brand of synthetic hair called xpressions. its super long. i bought it from an african bss because the korean one either did not have it or didn't know what i was referring to. :ohwell:

this stuff is like 24 inches long!
1%20xpression-web.jpg

ive decided to save money use this hair and install my own box braids this time. my braids are not professional looking but decent enough to get me through the next few weeks. i will be making them pretty thick and large. hopefully i can be done in the next few hrs or so. will post pics later.

Thank you mallysmommy ~ that is helpful information! I am going to go to my BSS this week and get that hair. I am not looking forward to the weekend ordeal of installing but I gotta pay to play. I am looking forward to seeing your results later- good luck and I hope it goes by quickly for you. :yep:

I haven't checked in since the challenge began...:ohwell: *sighs*...but I have been doing following you all. And I actually am still very much in the challenge. I have been in kinky twist for the past month [even though they look more like 2 months old]. I am happy with the growth. I am not sure if its the PSing, mult-vitamin, or a combination of the two. Either way I am happy.:yep: I am trying to acheive APL by the end of the year.

My routine is simple:

-Spray with a mixture of Scurl [blue and white bottle], almond oil, and water at least every other day
-Apply JBCO to edges nightly
-Wash twists when I feel neccessary - so specific timeframe

I'll post a pic later.

Hello Ladies,

I am rocking a twist-out until Friday ... that's when I get paid and able to get the bags of xpressions hair for twists. I will be sure to return to post pix of that style once completed. I hope you all are doing well ...

Hello Ladies,

So no go on the Xpressions here in Vegas, I went ahead and got some cheap kanekalon (sp) hair and I will twist with that. I hope it worx ... :yep:

Still wigging it with twists. For those that use wigs, how have your edges held up? Any tips on how to care for edges while PSing with wigs?

your edges should be fine but I'd say don't use the cap use a bonnet or durag they are more gentle on edges... Also the obvious don't use the combs if it has those it can take your hair out. Moisturize and seal as usual and be gentle on those ends. If massaging works for you gently massage them when you take off your wig

Still wigging it with twists. For those that use wigs, how have your edges held up? Any tips on how to care for edges while PSing with wigs?

Last edited:
Below are my part two progress pics, and i am getting individuals installed Tuesday for part 3 of the challenge. The pic in the green shirt is from March, the red shirt is the update.

Attachments

• image-4185477937.jpg
    image-4185477937.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image-638586441.jpg
    image-638586441.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1951585013.jpg
    image-1951585013.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Box braids are done, decided on thick poetic justice style braids.

Attachments

• image-1099242481.jpg
    image-1099242481.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2528069566.jpg
    image-2528069566.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Crochet braids were done on monday, and imma leave them in for 6-8 weeks...i always get great growth from them :)

Hello Ladies,

I have half of my hair done ... the OG Kanekalon hair worked out well for my twists. I have them very long-TBL to be exact. I will post pictures once I have completed my entire head. This regimen has been working out well for me: I just made it to APL and I am going to continue C&G throughout the rest of the year. Maybe even until the end of 2013 ... trying to see what that be like. :)

I just put my twist in, and pulled them back into a bun to stretch it. My hair feels soft. I am trimming my ends every month. So just trimmed and twisted. I will take these out for July the 4, as it is Afro day

Back