2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

I was just wondering why is a blow dryer considered direct heat when it doesnt touch the actually hair like a flat iron does?

Checking in: No rules broken, hair braided up under wig for 2 weeks. I plan on keeping braids in for an 8 week stretch.

I deep conditioned for 2 hours with my lovely nexxus humectress and my hair felt like silk. I had just washed it and I could tell my hair was stripped of its oils and didn't feel good. But after the DC it felt so nice. I followed up with my shea butter and coconut oil leave in and my roller set curls came out so soft and nice. I'm lovin my hair rite now

Whelp, I used my heat pass already. I'm still semi-new to this and one morning last week woke up and curled my hair before I even thought about it. :wallbash: I'm so mad at myself. So anyhew, last night I dc'd, co-washed and put six small ponytails with big rollers on the hair hanging out. Sat under the dryer for a while, took the ponys out before they completely dried, braided in two braids and dried the rest of the way. Before I went to bed I put bantu knots and today I'm rocking a seriously cute knot out! I never knew I could get my hair pretty straight without the use of blowdryer/flat iron. I love it!

Just checking in had my hair in twist for about 2 weeks, dc yesterday, and used no heat! Hubby and I will be going to Playdate tonight then dinner tomorrow so I will be rocking my fro then back to twist on Sunday!

Checking in- Conditioned overnight with my "homemade" caramel treatment Wed. Did a henna treatment Thu and moisturized/conditioned overnight with Miss Key, shampoo and conditioned with Joico with heat for 10 mins. Followed up with duo-tex for 30 mins. Did a air dry rollerset. Stick a fork in me I am done for the week...Depending on how this rollerset look when it dries....:look:

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late! I just joined the forum today!

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no FB. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
comic-p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Checkin in :cool2:

I'm DC'ing using patchouli85's moisture recipe. :grin:

I'm so tempted to straighten my hair. I wanna do a length check :look:
But i'll try and hold out till march when I go see my family :)

Hello ladies, I'm looking for a good moisturizer to help stop the ends of my hair from breaking; any suggestions?

I use a homemade spray of one part vegetable glycerin to eight parts water and one to two drops of rosemary EO. I follow with coconut oil to seal. The coconut oil is a light protein so the combo works really well for keeping the moisture protein balance (at least for me). HTH :yep:.

Hi Ladies,

Haven't posted in a while....So I used my heat pass yesterday in order to blow dry my hair in preparation for getting braids. please see a photo attached of what my hair looks like. i took the photo yesterday. my hair hits at BSB but i have some shorter APL layers. and SL layers in the front.

I'm keeping the braids in for 7 weeks. i will wash once a week and DC at that time. i'll do my best keeping my hair is good condition considering that caring for braids is so easy compared to roller setting... at least for me. :)

you will have to excuse the poor resolution of my craptastic photo. but you can see what my length is like...

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi Ladies,

Haven't posted in a while....So I used my heat pass yesterday in order to blow dry my hair in preparation for getting braids. please see a photo attached of what my hair looks like. i took the photo yesterday. my hair hits at BSB but i have some shorter APL layers. and SL layers in the front.

I'm keeping the braids in for 7 weeks. i will wash once a week and DC at that time. i'll do my best keeping my hair is good condition considering that caring for braids is so easy compared to roller setting... at least for me. :)

you will have to excuse the poor resolution of my craptastic photo. but you can see what my length is like...

Nice Hair!!

Just checking in: I've been cowashing every other day (or every 2 days....its soooooo cold out!) and airdrying in braids or plaits. I've been wearing daily sock buns (braid out buns, smooth buns, etc). Yesterday I used AOGPB conditioner on dry hair for about 30min, then used paul mitchell shampoo two to clarify. I then used giovanni deeper moisture and used a mix of EVOO and giovanni direct leave-in and put my hair in 5 plaits to airdry. My new growth is really lookin good. I'll be 8 weeks post relaxer this tuesday. I don't plan on getting a relaxer till march, so this regimen is helping me keep my NG tamed and moisturized.

So bigbrowneyez just reminded me of a question I had for you ladies participating in this challenge:

What is your deep conditioner of choice? Also include your hair stat...for example:

I use Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack. My hair is currently texlaxed, but I am 17 weeks post...

^^^I usually like to mix my DCs but the best "out the bottle" DC for my hair is ORS Replenishing Pak/Condish... I'm relaxed and 26 wks post.

Dang I just realized I broke a rule :wallbash:..........I cut about 1.25" from the left and right side of my hair to try and decrease the obviousness of my "W", I just had to scratch that itch, so it looks like I'm going to be without fast food (Bamboo Shack - Bahamian franchise) a little while. On a positive note I think my hair looks better and will thank me :look:.

I was just wondering why is a blow dryer considered direct heat when it doesnt touch the actually hair like a flat iron does?

Ok no ones know, well I guess I drop out cause I hate having wet hair in the winter. And plus my hair is more managable when blow dried.

Used my heat pass today to do my dusting... cleared up all the split ends and WOW does my hair look healthier than it did a few months ago. =) Will upload pics ASAP and probably DC tonight!

I trimmed about an inch and a half off late December so I could start this challenge off with healthy ends. No rules broken thus far. Just bunning, bunning, and more bunning.

Just checking in. I am doing well so far. I have not used any passes and have been wearing my hair in PS everyday. I have been doing very well with keeping up with my weekly DT as well as taking my multivitamin.

Hey fellow challengers! Just checkin' in here. How's everyone else doing? Me, I got some kinky twists in about two weeks ago, and I'm LOVIN' THEM. No cheats so far. I can't wait for the summer, though, so I can co-wash n bun and just keep it moving. :yep:

Just checking in...so far so good...weekly wash/DC homemade with cheapy condish... Suave Humectress, mixed w/olive, almond and coconut oils, use indian powders in a paste w/coconut milk...rinse, add leave-in condish..then twists. Nightly baggied sealing ends w/coconut oil until JBCO challenge begins. Adding rosewater spray daily. Thrice weekly oil scalp w/ayurvedic oil mix. THough made the mistake of using coconut oil a little to heavy before I twisted...left my hair in these SUPER LOVELY curls...elongated and beautiful springy coils...but OMG the oil factor...lol. Was blotting for days...won't make that mistake again.

Hair is natural...16mo post BC...have no idea what texture...it's all over the map..I think 3b/c 4/a except crown, 4b/c...grrrr...and sloooooowwwwww growing...sigh. Anybody have suggestions on how to jump start my crown growth...it's like several inches shorter than the rest of my hair. Didn't have this challenge when it was relaxed...hair was below BSL including crown. Anyhoo...back to the texture...I have strands that go from zigzag to corkscrew to big "S" shape to straight...go figure...is this "normal" or is the natural state just that...naturally far from normal...lol.

Last edited:
So bigbrowneyez just reminded me of a question I had for you ladies participating in this challenge:

What is your deep conditioner of choice? Also include your hair stat...for example:

I use Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack. My hair is currently texlaxed, but I am 17 weeks post...

Miss Key Vitale Olive Oil Lekair Cholesterol I am relaxed, bone straight:wallbash: not by choice.:sad:

Hi bootcampers :wave:

I just washed with a mixture a different WEN's. My hair likes the Cucumber Aloe the best. I will be getting on auto-delivery for that.:yep: I also tried the WEN remoist in Sweet Almond Mint. Its a keeper. I will get this in the Cucumber Aloe too. I used this in a steam shower :lick: Oiled scalp with JBCO, jojoba, grapeseed, avocado mixture, and used grapeseed and avocado on the ponytail/ends. I always wear a ponytail. No heat used. :yay:

I think my protein/moisture balance is off... I'll be cooling off on the DC for now and applying aphogee 5 minute, probably a hard treatment a few weeks from now. Used my LeKair natural coconut+shea cholesterol last night and... :nono: a little stretchy.

My relaxed ends have been breaking some in the back due to my long stretch. Last weekend, I gave myself a hard protien (Aphogee 2 step), followed up with a Nexxus Humectress + WEN almond mint DC :lick: - yummy combo for my hair -and I cornrowed my hair with extensions. My hair is nice and protected now and I don't have to bother with it for the next six weeks. I may take out the braids in six weeks- give myself another 2 Step and moisture combo and just rebraid....gettin' my C&G on daaawwwgg!

Back