2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

Why do we go through seasons of not caring only to get anxious about growth all over again? I have seen some progress and now I want ALL my progress to happen by the end of this month. :wallbash: Waiting is no fun right now....

Loving Bootcamp, though.....

cj

Just checking in:
I deep conditioned (protein+moisture) on saturday and did a felxi rod set.
Yesterday I tried Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture shampoo and conditioner and it was AMAZING! My hair actually felt like silk! This is my first time using this brand or any other organic brand. It's definately gonna become my staple if the results continue. I half airdrying half bonnet drying my hair in 4 flexible rods.
Today I'm wearing a sock bun and I'm sooooo proud of myself! lol I can feel healthier ends on the way!!

I just ordered the direct leave-in from Giovanni but now you're making me wanna go back and get the Smooth as Silk products!

Sorry about the late response. I have to think about my punishment. Normally it would involve some food restriction, but I'm already doing that.

I need to take some photos so I can track my progress. (I guess I need to figure out how to work the camera I have had brand new in a box for 2 years.) Once I figure that out I'll then try to figure out how to post them.

I do have to say that I am loving the Hairveda SitricNillah Deep Conditioning Masque. I have used it as both a pre-poo and after washing, and felt wonderful both ways.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be "No Sweets/Soda for 1 Week". I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

sorry for the throwback mall pic but it won't let me upload my most current pic but this is the length my hair is pressed

Attachments

• n29625946_32329912_7467.jpg
    n29625946_32329912_7467.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no LHCF for 2 weeks and no new products for 2 months. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last night I was about to put the flat iron to my head, when the little voice on my shoulder said "What about bootcamp, young lady???" So back into the cornrows it was.

Last night I was about to put the flat iron to my head, when the little voice on my shoulder said "What about bootcamp, young lady???" So back into the cornrows it was.

:lachen: I was in the same boat. I towel dried with my turbie twist towel on and my hair came out pretty straight. A little puffy, but I can deal with it.

I've been sticking to my regimen for the last mouth. DC, co-washing, leave-in condish and sealing with oil. My hairstyle has been buns for over a month.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be not eating any baked goods for 2 weeks. I am uber excited to start.

Here is a starting pic:
IMAGE_083f-vi.jpg

So far I've been doing pretty darn good! And I can already see the difference in my hair! It's so soft, shiny and moisturized! Hoping I won't slack off anytime soon.

Hey just checking in. So far so good. I haven't used direct heat since my retouch 2 dec 09 and I have not been tempted to use it! I got my castor oil and I have been moisturising and sealing daily. I love castor oil!
I am putting in a bun then half wig.

I know I am all late, but I really want and need to get in on this challenge.

I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no Philly Cheese Steaks for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Let's do this ladies!!

Hiya! I know I am Late starting, But I am gonna start off committed to 2 sessions of BootCamp! I am Texlaxed, and I plan to TRY to stretch for six months, But Right Now I Shampoo with Garnier Triple Nutrition and Deep condition weekly with GTN 3 minute deep condition, I just done my protein treatment with aphogee, and since it is so cold my texlax fro is put away, I apply my Infusium leave in and apply BB Castor Oil Hair Lotion and put it in a scrunchie.

So far so good! I don't know my punishment yet, I tried every product there is to try so....................! But this is wonderful!

Yep - Definitely:yep: Although late, I am definitely in.

I commit to all four sessions of LHCF Bootcamp starting Jan 15th (I have to get my annual trim). If I should DARE to break a session, my consequences for breaking the rules will be broken hairs, split ends, dry flyaways, hair thinning, and loss of incredible shine and silkiness. Since my hair is my only MAJOR indulgence, this is punishment enough. Will post starting and regimen tomorrow.

If it's not too late...I am IN for ALL FOUR sessions! Been reading up on dusting, haven't done it yet. The no heat rule is not difficult for me, as I am soooo lazy, the thought of sitting under a dryer would be punishment enough, and I don't own a blow dryer or flat iron. My style for the rest of the winter is twists, as it's too cold to wash-n-go. I am doing ayurvedic powder combos, read somewhere about rosewater daily sprays, will adopt that, and already doing DC w/shampoo wash....here's hoping for healthy, lengthy, lovely, locks in 2010 for all of our challengers!

BTW, will add beginning photos after washing this weekend.

Attachments

• comic.jpg
    comic.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
right now, I'm in the process of putting my braids in. I usually do twists with Marly braids but I thought I would try some Yaky Silky this time around. Yesterday I spent the last few days deep conditioning. When I am done, I will keep these in until March 1. I have the horrible habit of keeping my braids in longer than I am supposed to.

Tonight I used Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème and sealed with Hot Six Oil, after cowashing with HE HH.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no starbucks for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Beeaauuutiful head of hair.

I know I'm late but I just decided to pay the $6.50 for this :look: but I've been secretly participating anyway :grin: so I'm committing to all 4 sessions. My consequences for violating bootcamp rules will be no facebook for a week :nono:.

I am so flipping excited, I watched this whole thing go on last year when I was transitioning.

I'm newly BC'd :woot: and loving it. Got about 3 or 4 whole inches of hair on my head, hoping to do a lot better than that this year with the help of LHCF and the bootcamp.

YAY NEWBIE:drunk:

Here's my starting pic, sorry it's not the best, quality or pic but the best I could find on my comp
Photo1443.jpg

Last edited:
Right now Bootcamp is no brainer for me. I wear cornrows, beehive style, under a wig. I get them redone every 30 days. I coconut oil prepoo/wash/DC once a week. Daily I moisturize with some of my own concoctions as well as braid spray & diluted Infusium23. When I'm home I'm always under a baggy so that my hair stays moist.

I'm unofficially transitioning & am 7 months post my jheri curl. I haven't had direct heat since August.

However, I will probably retouch my curl at 16 months post late September/October. I don't think I want to be natural again. The curl makes my hair much more manageable & doesn't take away my thickness. I'll straighten 2 weeks after my retouch. I have 2 events 2 different weekends in October. After October I will be back in cornrows under a wig until the end of April 2011. At that point I will probably retouch my curl again & begin enjoying my hair. The hope is that I'll be WL by then.

I wish all of the ladies in Bootcamp much success on your hair goals for 2011. HHG!

I know I'm late but I just decided to pay the $6.50 for this :look: but I've been secretly participating anyway :grin:

^^^ Ditto :D

I am going to commit to all 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no internet for two weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!

I have attached my twists done last Saturday.

Attachments

• Jan Twists.jpg
    Jan Twists.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 3
So far so good. I have been very good at not using direct heat since joining this forum in Dec '09. I did kinky twists for the first time... err... they're suppose to be kinky twists. I don't like them too much but will try to keep them in until Feb. I will still be shampooing and deep conditioning once a week.
I can't wait for my own hair to get this long... :spinning:

Last edited:
ok, I'm in. Last year sucked for me, so I have to do better in 2010. Committing to all 4 and if I screw up - NO EATING OUT! :gotroasted:

Heyyyyyyyyyy ladies just checking in, did a henna treatment over night, my hair feels thicker and stronger,I haven't taken any passes or broken any rules, doing good!!!
:lick:

Well I'm going to switch from my ors lye relaxer to the mizani butter blends system. I ordered on friday and as soon as it get's here I'm going to do my touch up and post up a better starting pic.

As I've stated before I need to have at least 2 inches by my milestone birthday in april and 3 inches by the summer, so I'm going hardcore at this.

Checking in: I just finish putting in some kinky twist. I so happy they come out great. I will try to keep these in until March..

Back