2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

Just checking in...wearing twists. I believe I've created a better reggie (wash bi-weekly, DC with each wash, co-wash when necessary, twist on 50% air dried hair bi-weekly, moisturize daily) and have purchased some MT today!!! I plan to mix this with Amla oil, Nature's Blessing, and shea butter!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:
I think i might have to drop out this challenge...i done broke so many rules:nono:...well with heat anyway. I use heat twice a month...no heat at all is really not working for me:(

I think i might have to drop out this challenge...i done broke so many rules:nono:...well with heat anyway. I use heat twice a month...no heat at all is really not working for me:(

Awww, I hope you dont have to drop out. I am sure you will think of something. :yep:
Nothing much to report. Doing the molasses,honey,evoo, and banannas overnite. I think I got to happy with the protein this past week.:sad:

Here are the RULES::ban:
1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

I just realized I broke the bootcamp rules for no trimming. I trimmed off about 2.5-3inches in the front of my hair that wouldnt revert. Extra cardio here I come. All next week I will be doing extra cardio every day.

How often should I check in??

Well I'm still bunning for my PS. I plan on co-washing tomorrow and air drying in a ponytail after which it will be back to bunning!

Here are the RULES::ban:
1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

I just realized I broke the bootcamp rules for no trimming. I trimmed off about 2.5-3inches in the front of my hair that wouldnt revert. Extra cardio here I come. All next week I will be doing extra cardio every day.

How often should I check in??

Soooo...I'm really wanting to cut off the damaged hair! I have about 2-3.5 in. of heat damage in the front. I had joiend the challenge to transition out the damage, but I'm so tempted!!! :heated: Would the cut be a pass or should I wait??? HELP!!! :prettyplease:

Soooo...I'm really wanting to cut off the damaged hair! I have about 2-3.5 in. of heat damage in the front. I had joiend the challenge to transition out the damage, but I'm so tempted!!! :heated: Would the cut be a pass or should I wait??? HELP!!! :prettyplease:

Humm I am not sure. Maybe someone else could help:)

Well, I used up my emergency pass. I cut about 2.5 inches off my ends. I really wanted to get the dye out. I didn't realize my natural hair was so dark. Maybe because when I was a kid I spent a lot more time in the sun than I do now.

Only thing is my hair is back at that "awkward length." I think I need to have my name removed from the APL 2010 challenge:look:

I'm taking my 3 week old box braids out on Monday. I'll probably put the resulting braidout in a bun for about a week.

Since it's the last of the month I figured I check in.

Still have my braid extensions as my protective style (so no heat or trimming) and have been washing and DCing once a week.

No rules broken.

Oh gosh, I've been so lazy! I haven't broken any rules, but whn it comes to moisturizing everyday or protecting my hair at night, I've been too lax. :ohwell: Really need to step my game up.

Just checking in. Just finished washing with Aphogee Moisturizing Shampoo. My usual is Giovanni Magnetic Shampoo but I just ran out. :sad: I'm getting ready to dc with Elastic QP mixed with honey, evoo, peppermint oil and Neutrogena Triple Moisturizing Conditioner. My dc will be on for about 30 minutes w/heat and about 45 minutes w/o heat. I'll rinse and followup with Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner for about 10 minutes. :yep: I love the way it detangles my hair. It works great since I'm a tendered headed natural. Then I'll swoop my hair up in my normal wet-n-wair hair do.

Checking in - so far, so good. Will be using the emergency pass on Friday (direct heat).

Hanging in here. Just took my braids down last night. Have some amla oil on my hair under a plastic cap. I will do a diluted poo tomorrow & a DC. After that I will be in Celie plaits until my mom gets here on Wednesday. I'm going to get her to do cornrows to the back & I'm going to try & do some crochet braids. Hopefully they won't be so bad that I can't wear them for at least 30 days. I'm about an inch from my hair touching the top of my brastrap. I will probably wait until April to claim BSL.

Still on cruise control as far as bootcamp is concerned. Won't need to use my first heat pass until September. I plan to take my braids down for my birthday & get Dontspeakdefeat to do a flat iron/trim. Well, HHG ladies!

I am going strong, no cheats. My hair is mostly twisted (with plaited roots) - more than 3 weeks old, and the front I had re-canerowed about a week ago. Washed and DC'd my hair twice so far in this style.

I love the feel of my new growth! Since my hair's getting fuzzy now I am wearing a satin cap and hat on top - I'll rotate hats and headwraps til I have to take my hair out. I don't feel like messing with it right now, low manip!! Just moisturise, oil my scalp when I feel like it, n let it hibernate and grow.

I am too lazy to do anything to my hair right now...

BUT i am staying a way from the heat.

For the past week I've been drinking about 2L of water a day, taking a tbs of flaxseed oil a day, co-washing every other day, and working out 5x a week...my hair DOES feel a lot more moisturized

I've been focused on other things besides my hair...

Back