2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

Checking in: I started baggying 3-5x a week, this has added so much moisture to my ends(I have noticed a vast difference in the amount of breakage I am having) and my NG is more manageable:grin:. I have also been tempted several times to use my heat pass for a length check, but I have decided to wait until the end of the 1st session. My PS for Feb.(half-wig) has helped my hide all or 90% of my hair ( this allows me to baggy throughout the day and hopefully retain a lot of length).

HHG ladies:peace:

ETA: pictures of my new half-wig; it's a little longer than the last one (I'm in love with the curly look)

Attachments

• Photo 112.jpg
    Photo 112.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo 111.jpg
    Photo 111.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I got a relaxer this week and although my hair was full BSL (below bra strap), i got a major trim and now its BSB (~1in above BSL). I was growing out my layers and needed to even them out; the back ones are pretty much fully grown out, but i still have face framing layers which will take a while. I am happy with the health of my hair, even tho i lost a good 1.5 inches. I won't be trimming for the rest of the year, so hopefully I will have MBL by august and at least between MBL and WL by the end of the year. This trim really set me back, but my hair is filling out nicely and health comes first! :-D i'm excited to see my progress as the year goes on!

I'm checking in. I had to use my heat pass last week because I'd gotten tickets to the Oprah show at the last minute and didn't have anything to do with my hair. I have a wedding coming up at the end of this month, so I may just have to brace myself for my punishment for breaking the rules (no Target for an entire week) because I don't want to wear a ponytail to the wedding. I'm still considering getting my hair rodded, but I'm not sure the curls will fall in time for the wedding.

I broke a rule. Last week I used my emergency pass when I used heat to straighten my hair for a length and health check. I wore it out for about a week (no PS). So no eating out for 2 weeks for me. :perplexed

I used a heat pass of sorts for Valentine's Day. I rollerset and blow dried the roots.

Pic below:

DSCN3648.jpg

Checking in...no heat, no cutting. I stay in twists. I did dust last weekend because SSKs were starting to get out of control. I have not dusted since November, though...so I think I am doing well.

My twists are longer, and I am happy.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

cj

Just checking in. I've been pretty much dedicated to sticking to my hair regimen. My personal goal was not to use any heat during this challenge. However, a friend asked me to be in her wedding and I my use a pass to do a little something special for this event. Hopefully, this will be the one and only time I'll have to use heat. I'm kind of hoping I could wear my hair natural???:look:

Checking in! Going on two months now with no heat! No rules have been broken. Still doing my PS. My hair rarely sees the light of day except on wash days and to moisturize & seal at night. Otherwise I'm in half-wigs or have my hair wrapped up.

Just checking in. I've been pretty much dedicated to sticking to my hair regimen. My personal goal was not to use any heat during this challenge. However, a friend asked me to be in her wedding and I my use a pass to do a little something special for this event. Hopefully, this will be the one and only time I'll have to use heat. I'm kind of hoping I could wear my hair natural???:look:

Maybe you could air dry on some flexi rods and do a cute natural updo.

I think I just found my staple DC:grin:. I mixed Nexxus Humectruss, Coconut Oil, and Garlic Extract in a small container and DC'd over night with saran wrap. My hair has not been this soft since I started transitioning. Thank god for the PJ in me:lachen:

OMGoodness I have tried this before but I think I used too much last time. Anywho I applied JBCO to my scalp yesterday because I had some severe itchies. So much so that I thought I would have to take down my cornrows and do a brown sugar scrub. I woke up this morning and my scalp felt sooo good:) Yeah I will make it 10days with my cornrows without redoing:)

Still going stong, no rules broken. I'm canerowed/twisted up and keeping my hair covered with satin bonnet and hat every time I step outside cause its still seriously cold in LDN.

I'm late and I know it, however, I am committing to all four sessions of the bootcamp! I fell off the wagon last session, but I am determined to be successful this year!

I'm so proud of myself. I'm a newbie, this is my first challenge and I haven't broken any rules. This is the longest I've ever gone in my entire life w/o heat. :)

Checking in

I haven't broken any rules. I've had these twists in for 4 weeks which is the longest I've ever gone! Being busy really helps me stick to this challenge! The frigid weather also helps :perplexed I have been getting an itch to wear my hair out, but it's just too cold. I'm a little worried about the warmer months though. I'm thinking of just doing yarn braids until the end of the year. I'll have to see how I like them the first time around.

I am a newbie to LHCF...I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be nothing but water for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Checking in:
Washed and Clarified with ORS Aloe Rid. Now DC'ing with ORS replenishing mask. I am still in cornrows...trying to PS as much as I can this year to hit the BSL mark by December. No rules broken as of yet!

A little more than a month left in session 1!!!

I decided that I will be bunning EXCLUSIVELY until the end of session 1... I'm also gonna get back on taking my HSN vitamins daily, baggying regularly, and oiling my scalp w/ JBCO...

Checking in--everything is going ok. Trying to keep up with my vitamins,water,and exercise. Starting a new job trying not to stress. :nono: Trying to learn my hair, it does what it wants to...:ohwell:

Lovin the co-wash routine. Did it tonight with Mane and Tail then V05. Liked that alot! DC'd with a mixture of stuff: Elasta QP DPR 11, Elasta QP Mango Butter, EVOO, Honey, Silk Elements and Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I went crazy today. Stayed under the dryer for 40 minutes. May hair feels super good! I can't believe I did it. My natural hair loves the moisturizing conditioners. I thought it would be mushy but it's not. I guess the little protein in some of these conditioners are balancing everything out.

Trying to loose very little hair during detangling. I only comb once a week after wash/co-wash.

Back