2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

Last night I took down my cornrows that I did on Saturday because I was upset about the breakage I got while doing them (about a palm full, but I am not use to having any) and dusted my ends (1/4-1/2in) That was such a good I idea because when i put into a bun this morning I didnt have any snagging.

Checking in. I got my curl touched up 2 weeks ago & I got a much needed trim. My last one was August of last year. So I guess that would be considered a pass. When I get my touch-up, I'm not allowed to wash my hair for 2 weeks. So tonight I'm doing an overnight pre-poo with Irish Moss & tomorrow I will wash & DC.

I ordered a Flexi8 today. I was bored with the wigs so I'm going to try & bun from now until October. The curl is easy when it comes to heat. When I wash, I airdry & I haven't flatironed my hair since August & don't plan to again until October. My next touch-up will be mid-August.

Waiting to get my touch up/and a trim... will be my first past, other then that i'm going strong, no heat,and havent broken any rules.
:yep:

Checking in: I've been wigging it for the month of February, No heat used since 12/23, and no rules broken. I will probably be wearing wigs until I use my 1st heat pass in July, but after that I may go into Senegalese twist and bunning for the Summer months. Has anyone had Senegalese twist and co-washed, if so how can this be done? (I'm trying to plan ahead)

Still going strong. Haven't broken any rules or used a heat pass. My ends are still looking good and I am retaining length well.

Happy Hair Growing Ladies:-)

Checking in. Did good again this month. Took out my braid extensions and turned them into twists as my protective style. Had to use a pass to trim some previous heat damage off. Going to wash and DC tonight.

Grew another inch since 1-30-2010. My hair is growing very fast and looks healthy, but I am shedding alot. Going to try garlic conditioner. I heard it helps with the shedding. I have been surviving on braidouts.

Still holding strong. In week 2 of braid extensions with backup wig just in case braider appt. falls through. Still using minimal products (an oil for hot oil treatments, a leave in conditioner, anda shea based balm for braids under the wig, avocado/egg/honey deep treatment, shampoo bar). Haven't stretched my hair to see true length yet. I just feel like it is getting better.

Still going strong. I finally broke down and purchase some high quality combs. I have been keeping my hair protected and deep conditioned. I try to examine hair at least once a month to S&D on splits and knots. I think I gained an inch since last month (my hubby thumn is in the way of my pic LoL). Cant wait to see what next month has in store:) HHG

Just DCed with Matrix, ApHogee 2 min, honey, and EVCO....still holding on.
Will be relaxing in 2 weeks.

Used a heat pass on Monday to flat iron hair (pic. in fotki) and I dusted my ends today. I still see a few splits so I may dust again. I think my punnishment is no fast food.

Used a heat pass on Monday to flat iron hair (pic. in fotki) and I dusted my ends today. I still see a few splits so I may dust again. I think my punnishment is no fast food.

Just checked out your fotki....your hair looks nice. You did a great job with the flat iron! :yep:

Just checking in. Still baggying, PSing, dc ing every 2 weeks and moisturising daily.

A slight set back when I changed my moisturiser but I think I've got some good retention already...well I hope so anyway

Just checking in....did a co-wash tonight and a dc. Going to detangle, spray it a little with an instant moisturizer and slick it back with some EcoStyler Gel and call it a night.

March 20th can't get here soon enough. I will do my length check then. I want to be full apl then and look forward to bsl.

Still getting it done...no heat (which isn't too hard for me) and PSs galore (which IS getting old fast)...thinking about buying a wig or doing kinky twists so I don't have to touch/ mess in it every other day...:scratchch

checking in :]]

i braided my hair into almost two hundred extension braids (which is so few for me, i usually end up with close to a thousand, these ones feel so BIG!) in january. i've only been conditioning every ten days or so because i don't want to have too much build up.
so excited for my length check at the end of this session!

i don't know about you guys, but i was inspired to join this challenge because of some progress pictures posted by some of the ladies in the previous years.
i'm so excited to see everyone's session one progress!

Checking in. I have been wearing my hair in cornrows under a half wig. I am 'bout tired of this though. I think that I will do a roller set next week.

Checking in for March before I forget. No rules broken. Just wearing my hair in my mini bun either out at home or under my half wigs when out. No heat absolutely in 3 months!

checking in :]]

i braided my hair into almost two hundred extension braids (which is so few for me, i usually end up with close to a thousand, these ones feel so BIG!) in january. i've only been conditioning every ten days or so because i don't want to have too much build up.
so excited for my length check at the end of this session!

i don't know about you guys, but i was inspired to join this challenge because of some progress pictures posted by some of the ladies in the previous years.
i'm so excited to see everyone's session one progress!

Wow Do you have a video tutorial or pics of your braids? I will get two days off work in about two weeks and I have been contemplating braiding my own hair during that time(I am too cheap to go to a braider:)

Still going strong ladies....I've been on my Deep Conditioning Game and my hair is thanking me for it, I'm keeping my scalp is clean and not dry or flaky. My hair is in a protective style and will be for another 10 weeks :) 2 weeks down 10 weeks to go.

Wow Do you have a video tutorial or pics of your braids? I will get two days off work in about two weeks and I have been contemplating braiding my own hair during that time(I am too cheap to go to a braider:)

well i don't currently have a video tutorial but i can make one for you if you feel that would be helpful.

Checking in,

I've been broke the no heat rule, i used heat once in Jan & Feb:nono:

Now i will have to trim my ends:lachen:, i still wanna be in the challenge I will leave heat alone i swear:yep:

Im now will only use heat maybe once or twice a year. And im going on a no trimming challenge(of course after i trim my ends) too.

Back