2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

I have been using my WEN, castor oil mixture, and rocking a ponytail/bun as usual. I did use a heat pass for a length check a coule of weeks ago. I am planning on doing a BKT (I think) here soon. If I do then NO MORE POLISH for the duration of this session.(my punishment) Maybe I will go buy up what need/want, then do it. :look: IDK

I am rocking fuzzy cornrows underneath my wig. This weekend will wash and conditon my hair while in braids. Once my hair is dry, I will rebraid. This cuts down on the amount of hair I lose on wash day. But so far, no rules broken!

Checking in! I've been keeping my hair in cornrows for the past 2 weeks. I redid them individually last night after using Giovanni TTT shampoo and protein infusion deep conditioner. I also used giovanni deeper moisture. I cowash with my conrnrows in. I'm about 10weeks post, but i have some good new growth!

I'm LOVING my new half-wig; this will be my protective style for the month of February :grin::grin:

Attachments

• DSCN0202.jpg
    DSCN0202.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN0204.jpg
    DSCN0204.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 15
^^^It's really cute! It matches your hair very well. I couldn't tell it was a half-wig if you wouldn't have said that it was!

Just Checking in for the month of Februaury---Just took down my braids and purchased the Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream conditioner and must say this by itself has strengthened my hair and stopped my breakage. Back to braids by the end of this week and in the mean time my hair will be in twists.

Just checkin' in...so far so good...no heat, no or low manipulation styles...haven't dusted yet. My goal: to see how long it can grow...I think I'm APL now..17 months post BC. Curious to see if my natural hair will grow as long as when I had a relaxer, below BSL. We'll see.... with all that I'm learning in this great place...here's hoping...thanks ladies for sharing all of your hairology!

Can I still join??? I need to be held accountable or I'll fall off the wagon. I have already been boot camping it by myself since December 1, 2009.

I am still doing good, havent used any heat in 2 weeks. Though I do want to flat iron bad so that I can dust my ends, I may do that today or something.

Just checking in-got me a half wig. Other than that I have been on top of my DC and moisturizing. I have been drinking at least 80 oz of water a day.

I know Im late, but Id like to join this challenge pretty please! *SNIFFLE SNIFFLE*

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be NO LHCF FOR 2 WKS! I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!

My starting pic is below! My official start date is 02/05/10!

Attachments

• Rachaels Pics 376.jpg
    Rachaels Pics 376.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 5
I am still doing good, havent used any heat in 2 weeks. Though I do want to flat iron bad so that I can dust my ends, I may do that today or something.

Just dusted my hair myself, it was needed. Plus I think I did a very good job!
I didnt flatiron, just blow dried on cool cause I needed to get this done cause its time for me to go to work.

I know Im late, but Id like to join this challenge pretty please! *SNIFFLE SNIFFLE*

I guess I'm gonna jump right on in with you! I want to join really bad and just saw this last week. For some reason I missed it before the new year. :perplexed

I am going to commit to all 4 sessions. My consequence for violating bootcamp rules will be working out everyday for a week. This will be punishment for me because I only have time for 4 days tops.

Starting pic:
24e6jko.jpg

Still here, have not violated any rules, been prety consistent iwth the DCing and PS. Dusted my ends couple days ago, was supposed to do that since my relaxer in Dec.

Can I still join?! Please... :) I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no meat for 2 WKS! :blush:

My starting length...

Attachments

• faith co 002.jpg
    faith co 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4
Used my emergency pass (heat) on Friday to do a hair check --- I'm transitioning, 7months-post and haven't used heat to straighten hair in 6 months so I wanted to check for breakage and damaged ends. Dusted the ends. Thankfully, hair seems to be doing ok!

May have an interview next month and will straighten again --- if so, no eating out for two weeks:nono:

Checking in: i broke some rules :( I flat ironed twice, and I wore my hair down for like 4 days, but I snapped out of it and went back to the buns. That was about a month ago. ever since then, Ive been really good, no flat ironing, or wearing hair out. Im determined to reach my goal.

So I did my BKT on Friday, so I have flat ironed twice this year, so I guess I am on punishemnt. I may have to drop out, because I will probably be flatironing once a month. Especially when I go out of town.

Checking in: Still bunning. DC'd this past weekend with the wash. Mostly airdrying (though will start rollersetting more), and no trims. Will get a dusting next session (hmm...think I'll need a heat pass and a trim pass next session...uhoh...think it's time to change my consequences ;o).

I'm still bunning. I will be self relaxing tonight even though I had originally planned to do it tomorrow.

Thinking I MAY use my emergency pass to get a 1/2" trim when I get my relaxer on thursday.... maybe... it just depends on how my ends are looking... I'll keep you ladies posted.

Just checking in. I did a henna yesterday. Hair feels stronger. I have started rollersetting again nightly. I have also changed my regimen. I think I can stick too. Hoping for full APL by Dec.....

I'm checking in too. I washed my hair on Sunday and am washing it again on tomorrow (Wednesday). My hair is softer than it has ever been, thanks to leaving in AOWC after a 2 hour DC. It's also mostly frizz-free! I have been wearing mostly braid n curls bunned / ponytailed. My only hair-complaint right now is all these split ends and midshaft splits. I think it's from heat damage over a year ago. I have been doing S&Ds to get rid of them because I refuse to lose another 3 inches this year (as I did in 2009) from cutting!

Hopefully washing my hair 2x per week isn't too much manipulation. It just feels so much better when it's clean.

I want to try: Talijah Wajiid Protective Mist Bodifier, and Devacare One Conditioner. I'll be buying one of these when my LTR split end mender runs out.

Checking in. Going into my fourth week in extensions. No need to use heat since I keep my hair braided up. I moisturize daily and cowash in braids weekly. Going for lots of retention in 2010, so for the most part, I am trying to keep my hair braided.

I'm going to use my pass over the weekend. I really need to get my layers evened out and my ends trimmed its been 8 months since my last trim, where she took off too much but I loved the cut. I've made some progress since the beginning of the year but I can't enjoy it because my ends look a hot mess. My plan is to be very very specific about what I want and hopefully it won't be a noticeable length difference because most of the work I want to have done is through the layers.

I haven't broken any rules,still going strong,purchase some half wigs by Outre for protective styles, It's time for another touch up, and I may need one pass for a trim,but I will let yall know.

Back