2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

Here is my udpate pic and this is the last place I am posting it. I am so frustrated with my ends that I am ready to give up. I work hard at being consistent and doing the right things for my hair. I have to remember I started off with damaged/broken off hair and it has come far but still..
Here goes:

0502091232.jpg

Okay I used a pass yesterday to straighten my hair. So that's it no more heat this session. Not an issue for me. I was supposed to relax yesterday but straightened as an assessment. I am very happy with my progress. My hair is thick and I have definitely gained length. I am still working on getting it as healthy as possible. So the stretch continues.

I don't have a problem with heat so much as I do with cutting my hair and that brings me another point:

I cut another inch off my hair and I deserved to be punished................AGAIN:grin::wallbash::yep:. Okay that means that I will have to avoid food again for a whole day, maybe on Monday or Tuesday. One of them for sure.

Here is my udpate pic and this is the last place I am posting it. I am so frustrated with my ends that I am ready to give up. I work hard at being consistent and doing the right things for my hair. I have to remember I started off with damaged/broken off hair and it has come far but still..
Here goes:

0502091232.jpg

Sweetie, don't you fret. You have noticable growth and the only thing you will have to do is get a really good trim and start afresh but protect them babies afterwards girl. I so want to big chop, but too chicken to just go ahead and do it so I just keep taking off an inch here and an inch there and to be honest I think I'm down 6 inches from January, 09. Believe it or not, I am not missing that old hair at all:nono:. I took really good care of it but still it was just ugly to me, ughhh!

Sweetie, don't you fret. You have noticable growth and the only thing you will have to do is get a really good trim and start afresh but protect them babies afterwards girl. I so want to big chop, but too chicken to just go ahead and do it so I just keep taking off an inch here and an inch there and to be honest I think I'm down 6 inches from January, 09. Believe it or not, I am not missing that old hair at all:nono:. I took really good care of it but still it was just ugly to me, ughhh!

Thanks for the encouragement Aggie. The sad part is I do protect them. I never wear my hair down. I think they were damaged when I started this journey.

Here goes:

0502091232.jpg

Your ends don't look bad. Everyone's hair grows unevenly. As long as you are protecting them, they should be fine, and you can keep growing until you get a few more inches and then even it up by taking off the last 1/2 inch or so. You are doing a great job.:yep:

Your ends don't look bad. Everyone's hair grows unevenly. As long as you are protecting them, they should be fine, and you can keep growing until you get a few more inches and then even it up by taking off the last 1/2 inch or so. You are doing a great job.:yep:

Thank you. I needed to hear that. You ladies are always so supportive I so appreciate that.

I'm going to drop out of this session and hopefully I'll be back for Session 3. This bootcamp taught me a lot about my hair. Staying away from direct heat brought out my styling creative side. My hair loves bantu-knot outs and updos.

Touch-up this weekend @ 8 Weeks (normally wait 12 but was experiencing breakage at the line of demarcation). DC'd w/ORS after and THEN neutralized (all white suds - may skip this step next time if I don't lose the my nerve). Loved the result, hair was soft, shiny, silky. Did not use dryer at all.

I am AMAZED at the results of what I have learned on this board. My hair is incredibly moisturized. I don't think it has ever been this way before. Looking forward to continued hair health.

-

Thanks for the encouragement Aggie. The sad part is I do protect them. I never wear my hair down. I think they were damaged when I started this journey.

Shay. Just look at the growth girl - don't worry about the ends. Just remind yourself that you are growing them out and dust them in between. You can get a healthy "trim" later.

The funny thing is . . . it seems the healthier my hair gets the rattier my ends can look :perplexed? I guess that is because your shaft gets healthier and makes your ends look worse? At least that is what I keep telling myself - and then I dust! :grin:

My update..I'm still in here strong!!! Not using any heat hasn't really been much of an issue for me. I am planning on taking a family portrait in June, so I'll probably use my heat for then. Anyhow ladies, here is my progress with boot camp:

I started here, this past December I was literally in tears :(

picture.php

This is my update in April.
picture.php

I am so excited about the progress and I can't hardly wait to see where I will be at the end of the boot camp ( I signed up for ALL the sessions!!!)

My update..I'm still in here strong!!! Not using any heat hasn't really been much of an issue for me. I am planning on taking a family portrait in June, so I'll probably use my heat for then. Anyhow ladies, here is my progress with boot camp:

I started here, this past December I was literally in tears :(

picture.php

This is my update in April.
picture.php

I am so excited about the progress and I can't hardly wait to see where I will be at the end of the boot camp ( I signed up for ALL the sessions!!!)

Wonderful progress, keep it up:grin:

still going strong ladies, now officially 20 weeks post, no heat since I used my heat pass on 4/16 for a rollerset with pressed roots.

I am 15.5 weeks post so for and still holding strong too:yay:. I am so excited that I am still hanging in there.

I have only used 1 pass since the start of this challenge and my hair is loving the break from the direct heat. I havent had a relaxer in 35 wks either and I am trying to stretch for 1 1/2 yrs. just cause :spinning:. My hair is thriving and loving the henna and steam treatments, the stretch and the bootcamp. I have never had hair this thick before in my entire life!!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you ALL

How long are you stretching your relaxer Mrs R?
I'm shooting for 39 weeks, 9/21/09 my bday, I know that's a bit ambitious for my first stretch, but so far so good, only 19 more to go, LOL.

Last night I tried something different and I think it just may stick. I did my very first Flexi Rod set. I'm very pleased, since it was my first time it doesn't look exactly awesome, but good enough for me to not do anything else to it for a few days.:grin:

Hey ladies! Still going strong, just finished DC with a Aussie Moist/Alter Ego/honey and jojoba oil mix. I have been wanting to trim for the last 2 months but still holding out. I am at 13 1/2 wks, so I'll be relaxing on the 22nd.

I'm shooting for 39 weeks, 9/21/09 my bday, I know that's a bit ambitious for my first stretch, but so far so good, only 19 more to go, LOL.

Last night I tried something different and I think it just may stick. I did my very first Flexi Rod set. I'm very pleased, since it was my first time it doesn't look exactly awesome, but good enough for me to not do anything else to it for a few days.:grin:

39 weeks is an awesome stretch goal. I had my mind set on 32 weeks but since I'm transitioning to texlaxed hair, I don't know if that will be enough anymore. I might just go for 47 weeks (a week before Christmas) or for one whole year.

I'll take it in strides though and see if I can go for the year because that's what I really want to do. Remember I have to chop off the bone straight hair as it grows out and I want me some length on my head when I do decide to chop:yep:.

So I'm going to attempt to do the box braids myself, however I have no idea how to attach the braid hair to my hair. I've checked out a couple YT videos but I cant see ANYTHING. Their hand is always in the way! Any suggestions? YT? website?

Back