2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

I haven't used any of my heat passes. I plan to use direct heat twice this year: June (blow dryer) and December (blow dryer and flatiron).

I just used another pass to flat iron my roots. I'd taken my braids out and washed my hair and the roots were just a joke even though it was only 9 weeks post. I always seem to use my pass in the first month, I'll need to find a nice updo for my birthday instead now because my 'punishment' is not buying shoes and I don't think I could handle that :lol:.

can we still join or has the cut off date gone? please say yes to the former and no to the later lol

I took my cornrwos out on Thursday and already washed and DCed it twice, henna'ed once and ready to re-do my cornrows, this time without extensions. I am in the wig challenge too so I want to wear wigs for the next 4 weeks or so, then braids again for 6 weeks after that:yep:.

can we still join or has the cut off date gone? please say yes to the former and no to the later lol

I don't think there is a cut off date for this challenge sunhun. We know that not everyone join the forum the same time so you're free to join. This challenge runs in sessions however. This session just began the beginning of this month and each session runs for 3 months at a time. Just go back to the front page and read the rules and let us know which session/s you want to participate complete and your punishment for breaking the rules.

Just checking in ladies

I self relaxed this past Friday for the first time and went for a light dusting at the Regis salon yesterday. Initally, I had planned to get a trim of an inch but decided against it and opted for a light dusting instead(1/4''). I am so happy that I did b/c that trim would have took away all of my progress from my 16+ weeks of stretching.

Last edited:
Okay ladies, I forgot to report that I chopped off 2 inches of my hair last night because the ends looks a little 'frazzled' so I guess i have to punish myself because I am not ready to use my pass yet for this session. My punishment is no food for a day so I will not be eating any food on Monday.

Okay ladies, I forgot to report that I chopped off 2 inches of my hair last night because the ends looks a little 'frazzled' so I guess i have to punish myself because I am not ready to use my pass yet for this session. My punishment is no food for a day so I will not be eating any food on Monday.

That's harsh, girl. Maybe you might want to add a little prayer with that fast.:yep:

Okay since passes can not be accrued, then I guess I will stay away for as long as possible from using any, ie, no trimming, cutting, or straightening for this session. I don't know what will happen for next session yet though.

I try to only worry about one session at a time. Even though I'm committed for the whole year, I'll stress myself out if I think about what I'm going to do for next session. Shoot, I don't even want to worry about what I'm going to do with my hair next week.:grin:

I know I'm late, but here is my update. The first two are Jan 2009. The last two are April 2009. I can see a little growth

I used a heat pass this week. I straightened with my flat iron and jojoba oil(might have been another). Nothing to write home about, but I miss my fro. Hubby likes the straight change. Some change in length, about 1/2 inch longer.

Progress is always nice. Good job ladies, keep it going.:grin:

I'm hoping to post an update soon. I've been bad about updating. I'm going to wash and try to set my hair tomorrow *crosses fingers* I've done probably 3 rollersets, but they have come out a hot mess. :nono:

Wow...we're almost at the end of another month!! April will soon be a memory....is it me, or is time flying by really fast...:lachen:

Anywhooo....just here to report I'm still going strong with our 2009 Boot Camp. Looking forward to my next progress update at the end of 2nd quarter!!:grin:

OK. So I dusted my ends last night - made a huge difference. I had been planning to use a pass to do so, but decided I will need it later. I am wondering though . . .

How often can you dust, before it really becomes a trim? IE - if I dust every day for 8 days, that's an 1-2 inches. Is it only dusting if we do it once a week, a month, what?

I know, I am anal - it is the software designer in me. :lachen:We tend to not like ambiguity or loopholes.:lachen:

OK. So I dusted my ends last night - made a huge difference. I had been planning to use a pass to do so, but decided I will need it later. I am wondering though . . .

How often can you dust, before it really becomes a trim? IE - if I dust every day for 8 days, that's an 1-2 inches. Is it only dusting if we do it once a week, a month, what?

I know, I am anal - it is the software designer in me. :lachen:We tend to not like ambiguity or loopholes.:lachen:

:lachen:You are too funny Aspire. This is a very good question, but I'd imagine that dusting is only allowed once a session along with only one other anti-bootcamp practice like the use of a blow dryer or flat iron or even an all out trim, wearing the hair all out, etc...I feel that every 8 days is a bit much. This could equate to a full trim or two by the end of a session I think.

once per session? I am so doomed. :nono: I dusted 4 times in March alone. Good thing I did not start this challenge till April! :grin:

Aggie is right. You get one dust per session. Are you trying to maintain your length for a while to remove damaged ends, or are you just addicted to cliping? Huh, huh. :)

Checking in. Still going strong. Still need a trim, but will update on that one when i do get it done. Decided not to try any heat yet (too scared), so will only use a pass for trimming.

Can I still joing for the April and later sessions?

I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no internet or computer games at all for 1 week I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

relaxed3-vi.jpg
Here is my starting point picture:

Checking in. Still going strong. Still need a trim, but will update on that one when i do get it done. Decided not to try any heat yet (too scared), so will only use a pass for trimming.

Girl I took my one pass I think last month for trimming, and I'm gone to do a sew-in, to get my inches back.

:perplexedI miss my inches. No more passes for me.Other then that i'm still going strong.

Can I still joing for the April and later sessions?

I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no internet or computer games at all for 1 week I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

relaxed3-vi.jpg
Here is my starting point picture:

Nice starting point:)

Girl I took my one pass I think last month for trimming, and I'm gone to do a sew-in, to get my inches back.

:perplexedI miss my inches. No more passes for me.Other then that i'm still going strong.

Don't worry DDP, your hair will be back in no time.

Deep conditioning right now with my pre poo mix: Queen Helene Cholesterol/Mane and Tail Conditioner/Castor Oil/Jojoba Oil (Picture #16 in my fotki 2009 album)

Okay I used a pass yesterday to straighten my hair. So that's it no more heat this session. Not an issue for me. I was supposed to relax yesterday but straightened as an assessment. I am very happy with my progress. My hair is thick and I have definitely gained length. I am still working on getting it as healthy as possible. So the stretch continues.

Okay I used a pass yesterday to straighten my hair. So that's it no more heat this session. Not an issue for me. I was supposed to relax yesterday but straightened as an assessment. I am very happy with my progress. My hair is thick and I have definitely gained length. I am still working on getting it as healthy as possible. So the stretch continues.

Wonderful, keep it up!:yep:

checking in...i had to use a pass and cut the color out my hair. it was extremely dry and brittle. so now it set me back to 1/4" again, but i will be back on track and pushing forward. hope everyone is having a good journey and looking forward to seeing all of you at the finish line. hhg.

Back