2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

No rules broken for this year. I'm still using OCT and deep conditioning every other day. I tried 2 new products on my hair, AO Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner (I usually use White Camellia), and Revita Shampoo. Both are a keeper for me. I'm wearing flat twists this session under my wig. Good luck to all and I look forward to reading more about everyones progress this session.:yep:

I'm still going strong. I haven't used any heat passes yet. I took a few pics in February to see how much I'd cut back in December and I'd cut ALOT. At least 2"-3" from the front and sides (I didn't take any pics of the back).

Going strong for round 2, haven't broken any rules or used up any passes this session, nor will I because I am supposed to relax next week, but siince my hair is cornrowed for another 5 weeks, that is put off for now. I am not totally sure when I'll relax but I am attempting to stretch for 32 weeks total with the help of braids and cornrows:yep:. We shall see...

:perplexed Sadly i've decided to hold off on bootcamp because i'm transitioning (7 months post-relaxer to be exact) and I'm having trouble dealing with my two hair textures without heat-- not to mention my hair has been breaking off a lot :nono: I think I need to figure out the best way to manage my two hair types first, and then I can fully commit to a bootcamp challenge. Still wishing all of you ladies the best!

Still going strong. Thought I might need a drastic trim after a W&G left my hair shot but I've decided to dust regularly by searching and destroying. If my hair condition doesn't improve I'll take a pass and trim properly but not yet. So far so good. Can't wait to see where I'm at at the end of my first session! Wearing back to back twists at the moment and loving it!

Doing great. Thinking of using my heat pass on 5/1. Originally I was planning to relax that day but I have decided I will relax on 7/1 for a 6 month stretch.

I'm still hanging in there yall, I only used one pass and that was my trim.

:drunk:
I been rocking protective styles such as phony ponys,buns,french braids, sew ins, clip ins,etc.

NO DIRECT HEAT

Mostly air drying, somtimes I use my hood dryer, can't wait to get my pibbs.:yep:

:perplexed Sadly i've decided to hold off on bootcamp because i'm transitioning (7 months post-relaxer to be exact) and I'm having trouble dealing with my two hair textures without heat-- not to mention my hair has been breaking off a lot :nono: I think I need to figure out the best way to manage my two hair types first, and then I can fully commit to a bootcamp challenge. Still wishing all of you ladies the best!

Sad to see you go tberry but good luck on finding the regimen that works for your hair honey:yep:.

I'm using my heat pass today.....I'm still stretching but I'm at the shop she's going to give me a roller set and press out my roots......

I am dropping out of the challenge. I am transitioning and I think that it will better for me if I get my hair flat ironed every six weeks or so which gives me less breakage and manipulation. Also when I don't trim in a while it results in me cutting off all my progress anyway. :sad: Good luck everyone!

Still going strong. I do love this bootcamp - no rush decisions being made, which suits a compulsive doer like me to a T. HHG all!

I am dropping out of the challenge. I am transitioning and I think that it will better for me if I get my hair flat ironed every six weeks or so which gives me less breakage and manipulation. Also when I don't trim in a while it results in me cutting off all my progress anyway. :sad: Good luck everyone!

Thank you and good luck to you too SheaM.

I'm using my heat pass today.....I'm still stretching but I'm at the shop she's going to give me a roller set and press out my roots......

I won't be needing to use my passes at all this session soooooo....I need to ask the question.....can passes be acrued:grin::look:?

Have anyone ever had unexplained breakage in a small space? The rest of my hair is thriving and I have not done anything out of the ordinary. I am not using anything topical.

I won't be needing to use my passes at all this session soooooo....I need to ask the question.....can passes be acrued:grin::look:?

LOL, accruing passes is not a part of the rules. You don't get rollover passes. :) Nice try though.:lachen:

ETA: Here's why. If you saved all your heat usage passes for the year, and used them all during the last session you might very well undo all the great benefits that you've given your hair during the year.

Last edited:
Are they just heat passes, I thought I could use one to get a trim. My ends are really raggedy imo. :sad: I guess I will try to stretch it out. :ohwell:

Are they just heat passes, I thought I could use one to get a trim. My ends are really raggedy imo. :sad: I guess I will try to stretch it out. :ohwell:

It just says one emergency pass per session. It doesn't specify what its for. I believe that is up to you.

The more I look at my hair, the more I feel I need a trim. I may well use a pass these next few weeks - my ends don't feel and look good, sigh. I'll leave it a few weeks though as I need to plan it meticulously. I've seen people use heat and trim in on session - how does that work? I might need to straighten some for a good, even trim....

Okay since passes can not be accrued, then I guess I will stay away for as long as possible from using any, ie, no trimming, cutting, or straightening for this session. I don't know what will happen for next session yet though.

I know I'm late, but here is my update. The first two are Jan 2009. The last two are April 2009. I can see a little growth

Attachments

• Jan 14 2009.jpg
    Jan 14 2009.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Jan 14 2009 left side.jpg
    Jan 14 2009 left side.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 4-22-09 back press.jpg
    4-22-09 back press.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 4-22-09 left side press.jpg
    4-22-09 left side press.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2
I used a heat pass this week. I straightened with my flat iron and jojoba oil(might have been another). Nothing to write home about, but I miss my fro. Hubby likes the straight change. Some change in length, about 1/2 inch longer.

5 days after flat ironing...Reverting...

Last edited:
Back