2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

Well I didn't use my pass. My half wig came in Friday so I decided to just wear it and forego flat ironing.

***If you have questions about Bootcamp, please PM me as I may miss it in this thread. Thanks and Happy Hair Growing***

Due to popular demand :grin:...here is the sign-up thread for 2009 LHCF Bootcamp!!!

Everyone, please include your STARTING POINT PICTURE with your sign-up post. Thanks!

LHCF BOOTCAMP is the ULTIMATE
Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2009.

Here are the RULES::ban:
1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

This challenge will have 4 sessions.
Session One: January 1 - March 31
Session Two: April 1 - June 30
Session Three: July 1- September 30
Session Four: October 1 - December 15

Those who make it through all 4 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!:weird:

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc.

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we will post monthly updates.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP?

I am going to commit to ____ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
(Please add no later than January 1, 2009)

I'm in for 3 sessions starting April 1. Punishment will be no fried foods. Starting Pic below.

Attachments

• HPIM0792.jpg
    HPIM0792.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 4
Checking in!
No rules broken. Still moisturizing and bagging at night. Added more protein and nettle in my weight loss regimen to not thin out hair from cutting so many calories. Updated fotki with some pics.

I will be using my pass this week to flat iron my hair. I made it--4 months heat free. I'm so proud of myself.

Congratulations!! This is definitely something to shout about. Many of us thought we could never even LIVE without heat daily (...guilty...)...but look at what we are accomplishing now. And our hair thanks us profusely for it!!:yep:

Ok I really think I'm using my pass to flat iron my hair this weekend, I know I said I was going to do it last weekend but chickened out.

I'm late, but I want in please. I just got my discipline and my regimen back together again. I went through a temper tantrum phase and cut off about 7 inches in August, so I think I'm kissing shoulder length again at next week's relaxer.

I, Nykki am going to commit to _3 (since I missed the first one) sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be double exercise and no purchase of products (major killer). I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Can someone please help me post my pictures, they won't copy and paste or nothing

Attachments

• 0025.jpg
    0025.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 11
:camera:No rules broken: Here's my picture for March (no heat used for length check).

Attachments

• mar. 09.1 check.JPG
    mar. 09.1 check.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 12
I think im going to flat iron my hair tomorrow, im going out to celebrate my bday so i thought it would be a good opportunity to take my progress pic.

I've been wearing my hair in a bun for this whole session, and working out 5x a week so i want to see if it's made a difference.

I've been bunning since my sew-in take-down and thinking about getting cornrows. I am trying to stretch my relaxer for another 7 weeks to 16 weeks total and can't do it without a little help. I will be doing a henna treatment today but will update on the cornrows later.

Just checking in: I still have Senegalese twists in and I can't wait to take them out. Other than that, everything is going well.

I used my pass yesterday to tension blow-dry my hair. I lost length but I know why so I'm back on the right path. I'm just past 12 weeks stretching. I plan on stretching for 12 more weeks.

This challenge along with the others has been a blessing. My NG is manageable and my hair is soft. Plus, I finally have a regimen to stick with. So I'm excited about the next session coming up. As a bonus, with all of the bantu-knot sets and updo's I've been wearing, I 've gotten more compliments on my hair than ever. I'm told my hair looks good and it looks soft. My hair has never looked soft before. Thanks y'all!

:grin:

I think im going to flat iron my hair tomorrow, im going out to celebrate my bday so i thought it would be a good opportunity to take my progress pic.

I've been wearing my hair in a bun for this whole session, and working out 5x a week so i want to see if it's made a difference.

Happy B-day Anancy. I bet the bunning and working out has made a big difference.

Session 1 is coming to an end! :blush: Hard to believe! How many inches can I grow in the next 3 days? :lol:

:lachen:Yep - I could use some inches right now too. Oh well - there's Session 2.

I just joined the forums, but I think this is a good place to start growing some hair! See you in a few weeks :grin:

I am going to commit to _2_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __Work out 4xs a week and restrict my intake of honeybuns__. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

picture.php

Last edited:
I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp. Rules will be no buying new ish.. . I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!! :yep:

Starting apr. 1 ending sept. 30th. My starting pic:

Attachments

• IMG_3862-vi.jpg
    IMG_3862-vi.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3
Yay! One more day in this session, and I must say I have been pretty good! I am so proud of myself. I did an awesome deep conditioning/protien treatment this past weekend and my hair is SUPER SOFT & SUPER STRONG :grin: and I didn't use heat! I will be back with my pictures later on today :yay:

Ok, I can't really gauge how much progress I have made this session but I am certain that I retained some length, and it's definitely healthier, stronger, and more managable! Can't wait to start session 2 :yay:

P.S Excuse the funny shaped fro, I just stepped out of the shower in the first photo, lol.

Attachments

• 03-29-09_1523.jpg
    03-29-09_1523.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 03-29-09_1532.jpg
    03-29-09_1532.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 03-29-09_1534.jpg
    03-29-09_1534.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 8
ok ladies. here goes. here is the first session photo. i also pasted this on in the APL by december 2009 challenge thread. i figure running them concurrently can't hurt. i think that this one is a bit better that january 1st as my right side is beginning to catch up with the left side. i am however trimming gradually to remove the full relaxer so that i can just have texlaxed locks.

somehow i've lost the january pic though.

0330091724.jpg

UPDATE!!!
1st picture: Jan 1
2nd picture: March 31

Attachments

• Brea Nicole's Camera 002.jpg
    Brea Nicole's Camera 002.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Another folder 007.jpg
    Another folder 007.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 11
I took my free pass to trim, no more passes for me, keeping it at one.

But other then that i'm doing good.

Rollersetting,Clip In Extensions,and Protective Styles :yep:

I'm having a little breakage or shedding, I made a post on it with pics. It may have been because I had put off my trim for so long.

My progress pic from session 1 is in my siggy. I had to use my pass for a light trim after my relaxer. Bring on session 2!!!

I did well this session! I have not used any heat......
My starting pic is here Dec 2008

Will be using my one excuse pass to use heat and dust my ends when I get my hair done tomorrow will post pictures

Attachments

• DEC 2008 length check.jpg
    DEC 2008 length check.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 3
Back