2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

LOL I need a spanking for the heat i have been using lately. I'll be back on track asap though. I'm doing a deep condition now. I can just feel it! My hair is thiiiirsty!

Checking in
I am 15 weeks post and will be relaxing in April! I have not broken any rules! I am seeing great results and will post progress pics at the end of the 1st session!

I will post pics sometime this weekend for the next portion of the challenge. I also will be getting some Senegalese twist put in and will keep them in till the end of the next portion.
So far so good! My hair is doing well. I've started oiling my scalp every 2 days with amla oil, my hair loves it! its a keeper :)

My first attempt didn't go as planned but I'm not giving up. I am no longer transitioning so I created some new goals for myself. I hope to reach BSL by 7/1 and mib back by 12/15

Last edited:
I think I'm going to use one of my passes tonight. I feel like flat ironing my hair, just to check the length.

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no Disney planning for 1 week!!! I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I will post my photo by April 1st. I look forward to the journey with all of you!

Can't wait to take this sew-in down and put in my braids next week.

Girl I'm thinking about doing either a bun or braidout next week, this week I plan on doing a rollerset and add a few clip in extensions.

Bootcamp UPDATE: I'm still going strong, I have not took my free pass to trim yet, I plan on maybe doing so tommorow. But I will keep you all updated. :yep:

Can't wait to take this sew-in down and put in my braids next week.

I got my braids back in on Wednesday and took them back down tonight. They were a HOT mess!!! I used hair much like Freetress...really silky and beautiful much like human wet and wavy...

...but it was too silky. I was running and glanced down beside the treadmill...and saw two braids on the floor. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: My hair is long enough, but the type of hair I got just refuses to hold. Anyway...getting them redone in 2 weeks with different hair. I won't cheat this time...

Wet and Wavy, here I come!

(I miss my pizza.)

cj

lol Maybe I shoudl actually follow the consequences for disobeyign LHCF Bootcamp. lol That WOULD help me take better care fo it, if I had to give up shopping! lool But I'm back on the Bootcamp track!

checking in, not having a good time with this, would like encouragement /ideas. Ive been getting my hair straighted every 2 weeks since i was 11. You always hear about transistioning from relaxed to natural, never about the straight natural to the naturally curly natural. I tried roller setting and it never looks good always puffy roots and such :( i use a hair butter(shescentit) that does make it soft but never feels moisturized and looks blah and dry and leave in's just dry my hair out, im close to using the flat iron but im trying to lay off . i just want to embrace my natural texture... i dont know its hard, oh well

I've been natural for about 15 years. I go through phases sometimes I wear it without heat straightening, and sometimes I heat straighten. I don't really consider this a transition; just part of the great flexibility of natural hair. I will admit that I wear it without straightening it most often.

Do you use a leave-in conditioner? If not, you might want to try that before using your oil or butter. Also try DC'ing at least 2X's a month if you don't do that already. A good method for air drying is to use banding, and it should work great on your 3b hair. You can check out Pokahontas', or Cichelle's fotki for an example.

ETA: Here's a thread on banding http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=254587

Last edited:
Update: I haven't broken any rules and I'm on track for texturizing and tension blow-drying on the 29th of this month. I got scared after initially committing myself to 4 sessions but I've learned so much on LHCF. Now, I know I can make it the next 3 sessions.

Checking in Ladies!!! After a 13week stretch, I have used my 1st quarterly pass to do my touch-up and length checks. I am so pleased witht the results. This boot camp challenge, and the BunforGrowth challenge, and stretching my relaxers have all been wonderful agents to my growing hair. I know I will be APL by my next 13week stretch.

Updates are in my fotki for any interested.

So.....I'm back in the boot camp challenge....LETS KEEP GROWING!!!:yep:

Girl I'm thinking about doing either a bun or braidout next week, this week I plan on doing a rollerset and add a few clip in extensions.

Bootcamp UPDATE: I'm still going strong, I have not took my free pass to trim yet, I plan on maybe doing so tommorow. But I will keep you all updated. :yep:

Oooooh girl, I just bought some snap clips from Sally's and can't wait to learn how to attach them. I don't know if I have to sew them onto to weave or clip them on. All I know is I have them and thought I'd worry about how to use them afterwards:yep:. Do you have any idea how I can attach them to the weave? I'd rather use sew-ins this way as opposed to actually sewing them in. Clipping them in and removing them on my terms and in my own time appeals to me so much more than being stuck with a sew-in:yep:.

Hair is doing well. Been DCing a lot. Been doing henna every 12days and henna gloss every 7 days. Planning on doing this for 3m. Definitely starting to notice a difference for the better....

Oooooh girl, I just bought some snap clips from Sally's and can't wait to learn how to attach them. I don't know if I have to sew them onto to weave or clip them on. All I know is I have them and thought I'd worry about how to use them afterwards:yep:. Do you have any idea how I can attach them to the weave? I'd rather use sew-ins this way as opposed to actually sewing them in. Clipping them in and removing them on my terms and in my own time appeals to me so much more than being stuck with a sew-in:yep:.

A LHCF member clip in tutorials:

This how I learned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyNOQ-ojawI&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Im3WFt8nQ&feature=channel

I don't buy my clips from sally's or etc, because they only have like two in the pack so I order them online in bulks of 50,100 etc:

http://www.virtualvillage.com/items...aseusa&utm_medium=shopping&CAWELAID=215244278

Or ebay.

Bootcamp Update Yall:I did a rollerset today, been airdrying.:yep:

I have been participating in this challenge on the sidelines since January. I'm transitioning, and have used direct heat twice, but I've also trimmed twice. I was hoping to join officially for the next 3 sessions, so that I can be held accountable for my actions.

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __drinking only water for a week__. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

A LHCF member clip in tutorials:

This how I learned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyNOQ-ojawI&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Im3WFt8nQ&feature=channel

I don't buy my clips from sally's or etc, because they only have like two in the pack so I order them online in bulks of 50,100 etc:

http://www.virtualvillage.com/items...aseusa&utm_medium=shopping&CAWELAID=215244278

Or ebay.

Bootcamp Update Yall:I did a rollerset today, been airdrying.:yep:

Wow, thank you all these links DDP. I really appreciate it so much:drunk:.

OMG, how did I ever not see this and sign up for it? Can I still sign up for the challenge? Timing's perfect - I could start in April and commit to 3 sessions. Please, pretty please, let me in???? ;-)

Editing to sign up:

I am going to commit to 3 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be water only fast for 3 days. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Okay, that water fast is something I need to do anyway but been putting it off because I just do, lol. Must stay on track though so when I do it it's not punishment but rather a blessed opportunity to detox...

Here's my starting point pictures: Hope to fit more hair into that ponytail and that my front hair reaches my top lip at the end of this session.

Attachments

• 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back