2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

ive used my heat pass for my bangs only that was it so i cant do anything until april which is ok cuz im getting my braids put back in anyway but ive been doing good so far

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but, I think you only need to punish yourself if you use up your heat passes, then use heat. Like, you can use it once this session, that's why it's a pass, but if you do it again, then you have to suffer the consequences.

Oh okay, yeah that makes sense!

I actually have stuck to the rules on this challenge! I am so proud of myself! I do plan on using my heat pass after my stretch. I haven't actually decided how long I'm going to stretch this time, though. My aim is for 4 months. I have been doing 3 month stretches. Maybe I can make it to 6!

I'm doing good with this so far. I am so addicted to Aubrey Organics right now. Not even funny. Currently, I have the baking soda/conditioner mix on my head. We'll see. ((cheesy grin)).
Oh, for anyone having problems with ayruvedic powders, I highly recommend Motions Moisture Plus. I took Hesh Amla, Brahim, Hennara, and Neem powders (just as an experiment) and mixed in into the Motions (by itself-blah, with powders-FABULOUS!!)
If the paste and rinses are too much, this is just a suggestion. It's one of the best cheap conditioners ever.

I am still hanging in there too. I haven't needed to use any of my passes as yet. I will be needing a trim soon but I'm really not sure when I will do it but I know that my punishment is no food for a whole day if I do trim it:yep:.

I know I'm going to want a trim sometime this year .. hmmm .. probably not until .. Spring or Summer though. Maybe Fall.

I've been doing good with the rules, been cowashing daily, wearing twistouts daily, and detangling once a week.

Things are ok w/ me, I'm close to 15 weeks post and and my new growth is crazy... I've been washing, conditioning and airdrying b/c it's just easier for me. I'll be using my pass in 3 weeks when I relax and straighten...

I am 23 weeks post relaxer and sooo proud of myself. No heat (only heat cap for DC)- I wash and DC 2x a week and moisturizing my NG like a MUG...I am using Hairveda Shea Butter....But I feel like I need a better moisturizer...I need this NG MOIST!

I was going to use my pass for my sister's wedding in March...but I may get braids in two weeks so I may use it then (need to flat iron NG before the braider rips the NG outta my head tryin to relax it).

We can DO this ladies!!!

This is tough, but i've only been using a dome hair dryer to get my hair about 80% dry... my hair seems to have grown a bit since my last relaxer on Dec. 20

I'm doing good. Have been sticking to the rules, cowashing 1x/wk dcing 2x/wk, air dry, no direct heat. The only thing is because my hair is soo short styling (except for wash day) is really limited. I'm currently 4 wks post and aiming for my first 12 wks stretch, may get a wig soon not sure.

I'm still doing well, and sticking to the btcmp rules. I bun in some fashion every day, and at night I moisturize and make about 5 braids. Hang in there ladies! The benefits at the end will be so worth it.:yep:

Just checking in--doing well, no direct heat. keeping it moistured and proteinized. Every now and then I eyeball the flat iron and blow dryer. I think its just knowing I am not allowed to touch it, cuz I never really used them often before. But I def I have some growth & my hair feels healthy, and no splits!

Everything is going well so far, with each wash I'm noticing my hair is more and more manageable since my BC the last week of Dec. I'm still wearing my hair in twists under a wig, I re-twist and co-wash my hair once a week and noticed yesterday a huge change in my hair from just the start of this challenge. My curls were much tighter and when my hair dried got matted and hard. Now my hair is much softer and the curls are looser, I think it may be from using a heating cap while I DC. I added jojoba oil to my leave in of cantu shea butter, EVCO and EVOO and noticed the mixture left my hair extremely soft and moisturized.

So I took down my sew in this weekend, did a clarify and deep condition, and I was so tempted to blow dry, but I am proud to say that I air dried instead! :yay: I air dried in one ponytail then braided my hair up for a week of wiggin it.

I know that I am late, very late to be exact---- but I am very new to LHCF (just joined Jan. 20). I will completely understand if it is too late to be accepted, however, if you have the space I would be elated to join you all in this Challenge.

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _No Starbucks for 1 week_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Attachments

• Photo 15.jpg
    Photo 15.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
I know that I am late, very late to be exact---- but I am very new to LHCF (just joined Jan. 20). I will completely understand if it is too late to be accepted, however, if you have the space I would be elated to join you all in this Challenge.

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _No Starbucks for 1 week_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Oops! I'm really new at this...

Attachments

• Photo 15.jpg
    Photo 15.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2
Question: Can someone define "trim" for me?

Because I've been toying with the idea of clipping about a quarter off my ends, probably 3-4 times this year. I used ALOT of heat towards the end of 2008 and I haven't have a trim since Jan. 08.

Dropping out. I need to trim.

Too bad, I had high hopes.

I'm still following the rules though, I'm not going to let my hair go down the tube.

Good luck to every else!

Okay ladies, I used up my pass for this quarter today - I got a trim because I had to. My ends looked a little too thin for me but in addition to that, I'm transitioning to texlaxing my hair from this month on. My stylist suggest I keep it trimmed because of the demarcation line while I transition. I will only be trimming right after a relaxer though which will be once every quarter anyway, so I'm still able to go on with htis challenge, thank God:yep:.

I'm doing good. Wigged it for a week with twist under, then wore a twistout with those twist, then twisted it for a week, now I'm just bunning it, which I think I will do for the remainder of the week.

Back