2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

I am still doing good. I will be relaxing on the 19th of Feb, so I am so ready to see some growth.

I am also hanging in there real strong - no heat, no cutting, no trimming so far. I just took my braids down and after washing and treating my hair, I will have a weave installed on Thursday. I will wear it for about 3 weeks, remove, relax, treat and add a color rinse on my hair and re-install my sew in for another 5 weeks.

I'm doing fine with the challenge so far. I moisturize and braid in 4 or 5 plaits at night, and bun in the morning. I'm combing only once per week, and that is when I detangle under running water with conditioner in my hair. The deep cond. challenge helps me to meet the dc'ing portion of bootcamp.

Holding on. I really wanted to break out the blow dryer and flat iron yesterday after I washed, strange thing, I have never felt the urge as strongly as I did yesterday. But then I remembered I can lay in bed after I rollerset, watch tv and get on LHCF. The rollerset won.

Hi, I'm a new member and would like to start with my first challenge.

I am going to commit to _2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __30 minutes of aerobics everyday for a week________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Sorry, Pic is sideways. Will take better pic. later.
Here is my starting point picture:
(Please add no later than January 1, 2009)

Attachments

• 218.jpg
    218.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 7
Okay ladies...I'm going to take myself out of the challenge. I'm not gonna be able to do it. Although I am following the rules for the most part, I am finding that I need to straighten my roots after I rollerset. I will be following everyone's progress and wish everyone the best of luck. I'm officially a "Bootcamp Dropout" :look:

Well im in, 08 bootcamp (esp the last session) has been a good one this year im sticking to guidelines as if my life depended on it. Woah I sound paranoid...but anyways I will commmit to 4 sessions and my consequence will be no LHCF for a 2 weeks. I will incorporate my results in my on-line blog once I re-launch it. HHG EVERYONE.

Ughhhh!!!! How mad am I.... I'm 12 days too late. I can blame my newbie status for the cause of that. Well I'll try to participate in spirit and post my progress in my ablum.

Good luck ladies!!!

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be No New Product for One Month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I will post my starting pic this weekend!

So clearly I'm a bit late on the starting pic but here it is:

1-11-09web.jpg

I joined the 08 challenge but didn't take it seriously but in 09 I am ready! I protective style 90% of the time now anyway.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new shoes for 2 months. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

This is the only recent straight hair pic I have (taken early December 08). If I straighten my hair before 01 Jan 09, I'll replace the pic.

Your hair is absolutely beautiful. This is how mine looks relaxed and flat ironed. I can't wait until I have some length!!!

Blessings,
cj

hi ladies any tips to help me keep my hands out of my head?? its annoying, i've become obsessed, everyday i measure the roots of my kinky twist to see if i got any growth.

hi ladies any tips to help me keep my hands out of my head?? its annoying, i've become obsessed, everyday i measure the roots of my kinky twist to see if i got any growth.

I'm not sure, does knowing that hair only grows and average of 1/2" per month help? That would be only +/- 1/8" per week. When I think of that, I just don't want to go to the effort of trying to measure 1/8" a week. So I just forget about my hair growth and concentrate on health. For me, taking pics and just forgetting about growth some months works.

I'm not sure, does knowing that hair only grows and average of 1/2" per month help? That would be only +/- 1/8" per week. When I think of that, I just don't want to go to the effort of trying to measure 1/8" a week. So I just forget about my hair growth and concentrate on health. For me, taking pics and just forgetting about growth some months works.

Thank you, i just have to control myself. It was easier when i was weaved up, the only thing about that was i wasn't caring for it as well as i am now.

I have been doing good so far...keeping up with the deep conditioning and just trying to keep my hair moisturized and happy. I'm looking forward to getting out of the twa stage. :grin:

So far so good for me too. I've been Dc-ing 2x/wk. I did an overnight with hairveda stirinilah on Tuesday. Since this weekend is going to be full for me I'm going to wash and DC tonight (with AO HSR- for the 1st time). I've been wearing wigs and half wigs and buns/ponytails (I baggy my bun and put on a ponytail). I've been wearing the front of my hair in cornrows. This has helped me from manipulating my hair too much.

I am still doing great so far. I just took my braids extensions down a few days ago and is now DCing for 2 weeks and getting ready for my relaxer next Sunday. I think I'll be getting my braids re-done soon after that for my 5 week long trip to Nebraska.

I've managed to go two weeks without a comb or brush (I use my hands to detangle). I moisturize daily, deep condition 1x a week, and using OCT every other day as a leave in. My hair is currently in twists under a wig.

Y'all, I am bagging right now. I am officially 9 weeks post today. I wasn't intending on a stretch, but I think I may wait a little longer to relax. I am baggying right now and have been since this morning when I started to clean up the house. I juiced my hair up with Cantu Shea Butter Leave In. I will wash it shortly and maybe do a Tresemme Hot oil treatment. I want to rollerset, but I really don't know if I have the patience to roll it and sit under the dryer. I hate that part. Otherwise, I haven't used heat(yet)

Hey everyone! I decided to 'straighten' my hair for the first time in a few months. I did a wet-to-dry press and it actually worked really well! I dc'd with ORS replenishing pack and used Nexxus heat protectant. It's straight enough for me to have fun with it and my hair felt very cool during the process, not hot like when stylists blowdry my hair first. I might do a saran wrap to night to get it straighter, but here is what it looks like now:

crop-vi.jpg

I have been behaving myself otherwise :lachen:. I bought some Hairveda products and so far they are amazing. I am officially a junkie.

I know i'm late but I gotta join this challenge.. I will change my dates to reflect when I joined... My ends have been splitting and I think i need to do more protective styling.. I haven't retained much length at all because I keep having to trim... I"M soooo mad!:wallbash:

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _2 a days at the gym for 5 days. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8
I'm still doing great and haven't broken any rules. I plan to use my heat pass in late Feb or early March. I will post when I use my pass.

I used my heat pass its in my siggy. I guess I'm not eating meat and fish this week. :sad:

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but, I think you only need to punish yourself if you use up your heat passes, then use heat. Like, you can use it once this session, that's why it's a pass, but if you do it again, then you have to suffer the consequences.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but, I think you only need to punish yourself if you use up your heat passes, then use heat. Like, you can use it once this session, that's why it's a pass, but if you do it again, then you have to suffer the consequences.

Simply Kelz, I believe you are correct. After you use the initial pass for the quarter, then you are held accountable for any violation after that. So how are you doing so far? I haven't used any heat since December '08. I mostly wet bun and keep my hair covered with a scarf and knit hat when outdoors.

Back