2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

I did a sew-in yesterday, so that will help me retain some length hopefully. I wrap it at night so I dont have to use any heat on my hair that is left out, which is only a little at the top.

I still use my mt/oct mix on my scalp every other day!!

YAY im so excited to see some progress at the end of this journey!

I am quite late, Is it still ok to start the challenge? Assuming it is here is my pledge and photo

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no matcha for 3 days. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
2009Personal

Attachments

• IMG_2538.jpg
    IMG_2538.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4
Hi Thoroughbred...I'm also in Japan (Kobe).

Currently wearing my hair in twistouts after wearing chunky twist for a few days. Planning on washing/dcing on Sunday.

I'm contemplating using my heat pass at my next touch-up. I haven't had my hair professionally done for about 6months now (ETA: except for the $10 rollerset), and it would really be a nice treat to do that, since I will have some extra money... :scratchch It would also be a nice treat for myself for actually sticking with this challenge. :lol: I will definitely post if I do. :yep:

Time to come clean: I've slacked all week; not really wearing a protective style. :nono: I used my pass already since I got off to a slow start at the beginning, so I am on my salad-only lunch diet next week, and I WILL get back on track. :(

So far so good. I am in braids so I havent needed a pass. I D/C every Sunday. I have a question though, when is the end of the first session and do we have a reveal at that time? I will be in braids until the first week in March so I wanna be able to have a pic ready.

Because I am doing the C&G this year I expect things to be easy.

So far I am doing pretty good. Just washed hair (Tresemme)this afternoon and DC (Herbal Essentials)for 30 min. Did a wash and go....pulled hair to the side and twists on several pieces of hair (for more texture). Sprayed a Leave in Conditioner on hair then added hair Aloe Gel. Wrapped hair in scarf and used hood dryer about 1 hour. Took hair from side and pinned down into a bun. :rolleyes:

So, yesterday...I took out my Senegalese twists that I've had in since November, detangled, washed, dc with henna (mix consisted of henna, honey, Elasta DPR-11 and amla), applied my leave-in,airdried in fatty twists over night and will be Senegalese twisting my hair again and leaving them in until April (I will be washing and dcing while my hair is in twists). BTW, I made APL:grin::woot: and I will be updating my fotki with pics shortly

Is it too late to join? If it isn't count me in. I have attached some starting pics below.

Attachments

• Hair2.jpg
    Hair2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Hair3.jpg
    Hair3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2
  • hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
So, yesterday...I took out my Senegalese twists that I've had in since November, detangled, washed, dc with henna (mix consisted of henna, honey, Elasta DPR-11 and amla), applied my leave-in,airdried in fatty twists over night and will be Senegalese twisting my hair again and leaving them in until April (I will be washing and dcing while my hair is in twists). BTW, I made APL:grin::woot: and I will be updating my fotki with pics shortly
Congratulations on reaching APL OSAMENE.

I will be getting my extension braids put in again next weekend. I can't wait because they are helping me out a great deal with my texlax transition.

These are some pictures of my hair styles in January 2009. I did do some bunning...but I mostly did roller wraps...I did them for the first time this year and I think they look good and I did some braid outs...I don't like them too much but I think it is good for my hair and it is a descent style so i guess...
grin.gif
Enjoy...

Attachments

• 162252.jpg
    162252.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 183346.jpg
    183346.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 165204.jpg
    165204.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 121356.jpg
    121356.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 162715.jpg
    162715.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Will you be posting pictures of your braids in your fotki??

I wasn't going to but now that you asked, I just might put some in there. Thanks for the reminder aa9746. I will be getting them put in a little shorter than I normally do, so it makes sense to add pics of them to my fotki:yep:.

I used heat on my roots yesterday. My hair is really getting hard to handle. I'm about 4 months post and have never stretched this long before!! I am planning on getting a touch-up by the end of this week. I can't take it anymore.

Trying to be more creative w/ my hair. Decided to try CurlyNikki's TnC method. Washed/DC'd hair yesterday. Applied castor oil, coconut oil, and shea butter to hair and placed in large twist. Then I applied some neat rollers I found at a 100 yen ($1) store.

Not quite like Nikki's but I enjoyed the extra bounce in my hair today :)

playgroup031.jpg

playgroup026.jpg

playgroup028.jpg

playgroup030.jpg

So far, I have been doing well. I am 29 wks into my transitioning journey. Continuing with weekly washing, DT w/ heat or steam, weekly detangling (while sopping wet w/ conditioner), low manipulation, dusting, supplements, and protective styling. I do not plan to use my pass as of yet.

Ugh!:wallbash: I used my heat pass yesterday. I was trying to hold out until I got my relaxer (in 17 days) oh well. I think now I will get a weave this week to help the stretch along with no heat. I was doing a 12 week stretch with 3 weeks to go, but now it will definitely be longer a longer stretch since I am getting the weave. no heat, no heat, no heat!!!

BTW when does the first session of bootcamp end? I'm not saying, I'm just saying! :grin:

Checking in - so far I'm doing good. I thought I was going to have to use my heat pass last week but I pushed through so that's a success. I've been wearing buns every day and I thought I would get bored. But, I have a bunch of scarves so I wear a different one every day as a headband to keep my recovering edges in check. At first I thought I over committed my self when I pledged 4 sessions but now I believe I can make it through. I've been really good about staying disciplined with my regimen and I'm seeing progress.

Still doing well--and stretching. (7 weeks post)
All of Jan was rollersets---this week I am wet bunning and will be rollerseting for the weekend. :yep: Then back to wet buns until my heat pass for my BDAY in 2 weeks.

So far so good with me. I've been sticking to the rules and finally found a protective style I really, really like. I didn't realize my hair was long enough to do it, so that's was a pleasant suprise. It's just my twists, french braided, but I am loving it because most of my ends are tucked in, it's comfy and neat, and the cold wind isn't whipping through my hair.

Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Attachments

• hpim0142.jpg
    hpim0142.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 6
Help me with the pass thing. Last weekend I decided to use my pass because I rollerset my hair and I needed to remove the rollers to blow dry my hair . I blew out like one curl and I was like oh noooo! It looked TERRIBLE so I stopped just pinned up my damp hair. Does this count or should I still have a pass??

So far so good with me. I've been sticking to the rules and finally found a protective style I really, really like. I didn't realize my hair was long enough to do it, so that's was a pleasant suprise. It's just my twists, french braided, but I am loving it because most of my ends are tucked in, it's comfy and neat, and the cold wind isn't whipping through my hair.

Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Your hair is beautiful.

Just checking in...sometimes I think checking my email to read what others have written is sufficient. lol

I know I was threatening to take down my twists. I didn't. I just loosened them around the edges and am continuing to maintain the new growth in the middle of my head.

What makes this challenge so difficult is the waiting until December of this year. :ohwell: It's already February, so I guess it's clear that time is doing what it does naturally - pass. I am learning patience. I will have to relax when I take this hair down finally, but I am now kind of afraid to take down because I have never stretched this long, and for some reason I feel intimidated with doing my relaxer...even though I have not gone to a hairdresser for a relaxer in over a year. I always do my own relaxer, but now that I am actually taking care of my hair on purpose, I am scared to make a mistake. Is that crazy or what?!?!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a how do a relaxer well on my own? I'll also search myself, but any pointers would be great in case I miss the best ones here...

Happy hair growing to everyone!

Blessings,
cj

I am just checking in. I have not used my pass yet (I am in kinky twist) and I dont plan on using it for this session! I D/C once a week and cowash once a week. I am getting them freshend up this weekend so I am good.

Back